Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 23rd May 2010 at 1:39 AM
if you ever watch ur sims play a video game u will see that there is basically a version of Sims with animals, they even have a plumbob on top of an animal and the sim moves it around and kicks another animal as a zebra. i think if they make a pets pack it should be a zoo pack! i mean they awrdy got the meshes made u can see in game its actually a video shot in 3d its not like they actually drew them down. but i would like to be able to "ride" a horse around instead of a car also maybe have a unicorn. how awsome would it be to ride a tiger or something. i would like them to implement wild life. i mean they have birds that fly around why not make em land. how cool would it be to have ducks on ur pond right!! an owl in a tree!! pidgeons at the park! squirrles. i mean it doesnt need to just be house animals like a dog a cat and a bird! id like to see a deer run around my yard instead of random people!!! maybe it can even eat my fruit and stuff
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 24th May 2010 at 7:01 AM
Haha, Well they make more then PC games... if i think about it, ive played the sims 2 pets game on many different consol's and its a completely different game on each one. I know on my Gamecube pets was fun, but it was more pet devoted then sims devoted, so when i played it on the PC it was something else, but i was sad because i wish there was more, like u could actually have your dog or cat go keep watch outside your sims hous in the GC sims pets but in the PC version u couldnt, but the amount of pups/kits the pets could have and the customization options was more, i also played it on a hand held, where u was a vet... and in the GC versionu could actually take controll of ur sim like not just point them to where they went... anyways... I havnt actually seen a "Sims 3" Wii game yet, but there is some weird one for your i-touch or what ever....My point is.... im assumeing that this sims pets EP will be decent, but don't put to much thought in it, because we know once they put out a consol version of the sims 3 on wii or DSi, we can say good bye to that Vet aspiration and all those cool animals, cuz dont they have a wii game of the sims where its like sims animals or something where u basically watch and take care of wildlife.... idk, not sure if u get my point...ill just be happy if its everything the Sims 2 pets was, with a few treats and new twists....
Test Subject
#128 Old 24th May 2010 at 12:41 PM
cats, dogs, horses, cows, pigs, micro pigs, guinee pigs, hamsters, zoo animals, monkeys that can sit on the sims shoulders, birds that can sit on the sims shoulders, a new neighbourhood- possibly a jungle one, the ability to control the animals and new clothes and furniture too, and some new interactions would be good!
Scholar
#129 Old 24th May 2010 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by freakyfrizz13
cats, dogs, horses, cows, pigs, micro pigs, guinee pigs, hamsters, zoo animals, monkeys that can sit on the sims shoulders, birds that can sit on the sims shoulders, a new neighbourhood- possibly a jungle one, the ability to control the animals and new clothes and furniture too, and some new interactions would be good!

It would be AWESOME if they expanded the Pet-theme to jungle and farm animals. Then, they could make a Riverview-like town but with the new farm-features, and a Twinbrook-like (with the swam thingie) town but more jungle-like.
Test Subject
#130 Old 25th May 2010 at 3:11 AM
I don't like pets in my games.
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 25th May 2010 at 4:43 AM
Cats, Dogs, Ferrets, Chinchillas and all the random farm animals for me please!

Purzion
*Happily Addicted To Sims 4*
Test Subject
#132 Old 27th May 2010 at 9:04 PM
Farming, Ranching, Wild Animals, and Pets!!! I'd love to see a Cowboy trait or career even if they can't show ridable horses . . . maybe rodeo career? Fantasy animals would be fun too . . . Many people (myself included) feel that life would be so empty without animals -- SimLife feels that way too . . .
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 28th May 2010 at 2:12 AM
Pssh, a pet Panda, I mean, who WOULDN'T want one, they're sooooo adorable, I've actually wanted a zoo instead of pets though :\
Test Subject
#134 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 5:01 AM
I do hope they make a sims 3 pets. I would really want a dog since I can't have one in real life. It could be pretty cool for kids too, like teach them responsibility. Cuz then they would have to learn that if you won't take care of them they die or run off. Luckily it will probably be out in a couple years or sooner. YAY!

b[B]b
Scholar
#135 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 10:21 PM
I want dogs, cats, raccoons, baby bears, ferrets, badgers, skunks, foxes, and bobcats/lynxes!

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Test Subject
#136 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 2:37 AM
I would like to see them make pet work like they do in Pet Stories with dog parks and dog training
Test Subject
#137 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 11:37 AM
They should give us pirates, i always wanted to keep one as a pet

~Innocent~EX~
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 11:42 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't like Pets? It pisses me off how it borks all CC I've had prior to that because pets can't use the CC furniture cuz its actions aren't added to it.

Back from the dead. Even though nobody cares.
Theorist
#139 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 1:39 PM
A poll would be useful, like 10 animal choices, and you choose two. Anyone want a poll?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#140 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 1:46 PM
as long as pirates and no pets are both options

~Innocent~EX~
Forum Resident
#141 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 3:13 PM
I'd love to have cats and dogs (*werewolf opportunities, again*) or perhaps just more interactions with catchable animals, like crocodiles and frogs and even roaches! Hw awesome would crocodiles be.. "Your sim has been eaten by Snappy"
Forum Resident
#142 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 8:51 PM
I didn't really like the Pets EP from the Sims 2. I'd like the idea of having the realism of pets in the Sims, but I also would like it to not be so useless like in the Sims 2. I always felt that the pets did nothing when I got them and either way, I'd have strays running up and down my sidewalk all day every day, howling at the door or digging up my lawn. That irritated me to no end. If they bring back pets, which they will, then I'd really like it if there were more than just the every day run of the mill pets that the Sims 2 had. I want it to be animals, not just pets. And it's ridiculous for them to have jobs like they're real people, because they're not. EA has a way of bringing back an old expansion with new ideas and things we've never seen before, like with Bon Voyage and World Adventures. I'm trusting they'll do the same for pets.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Test Subject
#143 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
Reasonable animals. Dogs, cats, perhaps special reward pets like wolves and ocelots, birds, more interactive fish, turtles, lizards.

People always want stuff like sheep or horses or rabbits but I must be the only person in the world who imagines that and sees it as being completely out of place.

You aren't alone. I think that'd be out of place unless you're making a farm or something.

I wouldn't mind having Pets again; I like making new breeds and what not; but they're really troublesome; even though I love my pets in real; I think the Sims pets are better decorative sometimes~
Theorist
#144 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 3:59 PM
I still want a llama for pet. Well, it IS the SimNation's official symbol after all- so why not?
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 6:03 PM
We are getting pirates in the barnacle bay town, but parrots would be nice.
Forum Resident
#146 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 8:05 PM
I think there are a lot more places EA could go with pets for Sims 3. For example, not only do we have the moodlets which pets could affect in numerous ways, but there are options for them to expand new and existing careers to include animals. For instance, they could make it possible for a police officer to take his dog to work and if the dog had enough relevant skills, then the sim could get promoted faster etc.

I personally would never want to see farm animals in The Sims. What's the point? Aside from horses and ponies. That would be ace. All the rich kids could have ponies and show them off to their friends.
Field Researcher
#147 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 9:57 PM
Pet monkeys and pigs would be great to have, especially in the penthouses we get with Late Night.
Test Subject
#148 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 8:16 PM
I think having a ranch/farm would be awesome!
I miss my pets from TS1 and TS2!
I dont think we should have mystical creatures though...
Sims is supposed to be life like right?

modswat
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 8:45 PM
I'd love cats and dogs of course, and I loved the idea of a bit more exoctic animals, that you could get through work or something, like wolves and maybe tigers (or ocelot) (and maybe even a monkey!) but you'd have to be skilled to handle them (maybe a new "pet" skill?) - and you wouldn't earn them unless you had a specific job that required full pet-skill, or maybe you could grow a plant aswell to "lure" the animal to your lot or something weird.

then i'd like some sort of rodents with different cages to go. a simple cage, medium cage, and a biig cage with tubes and stuff. Same with birds. I loved the birds in Unleashed.

some lizards would be awesome, like in unleashed! and fish tanks with many fish if you like! smaller tanks and bigger tanks.

Also, I would loove new actions between sims and animals, and between animals aswell. Cats and dogs can sleep in the same bed/cuddle, pets can sleep in beds with people without taking a whole space. You could train your cat or dog so it would never just run off if you took it to a community lot - it could run around looking but never "off" the current lot. Same at home. I'm sure dog-owners are known to that you can show a dog the "lot" and make it clear to NOT cross the street etc. Maybe with a dog you can have an action that goes "show lot" or something, (only at home) - and it will never run off the lot unless you mis-treat it.

with cats you can maybe choose if you want this or not, cause they stray anyway. Imagine having a cat with a little action-square saying "taking a stroll" or something, - and you can click on it to see where it is. aww!

Also, you could take them with you if you want to visit someone.
With dogs I'd like to see more of them following their owners, or watching them doing stuff. We all know dogs do that often. In Pets and Unleashed it was rare to see them Follow Master, (well happened more in pets imo atleast)

and I know it would be a buggy/glitchy/look weird, but I wish they could figure out a way to have your pets leashed when walking, or that you can leash them in the yard.

Say you buy a pole with a leash, and seven squares around it, the dog can walk around if leashed to it.

Another thing would be that you could train your pets to chase off enemies/burglars etc, or just direct them to chase. Imagine a dog or wolf, or even some big feline chasing after your enemy, haha!

But less or none stray animals! it's kinda sad to see all those homeless animals, and they are also a pest to have aronud the lot. ugh!
awww now i really want a pet expansion!

OH and another thing, bigger and smaller dogs! I'd love to have a huuge great dane, not one that is at the same height as a normal-sized dog.
(and over-friendly dogs will jump on some sims! haha)
Banned
#150 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 10:10 PM
I'll accept animals, only if we can CAS them, and have spotted (I typed spooted xD), lime green cats, and rainbow puppies.
Page 6 of 10