Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#1526 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 10:29 AM
I was really startled when I saw this:

I can't even......

My DeviantART. It's full of drawings, trust me.
Replaying the very same legacy over and over again C:
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#1527 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 11:09 AM
My Sim went to visit the Crumplebottom sisters in Moonlight Falls. And instead of entertaining their guest what those three ladies did was to go systematically from one of their bathrooms to the next and cast an Ice Blast spell on the toilets.
Hey, if you don't want guests, just don't ask them to come inside...
Test Subject
#1528 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 8:47 PM
So, the other night while playing my game, every member of my household woke up at 3:30am, with an uncancellable action to Go Out. And by "Go Out", I mean congregate in the teenage daughter's room (which is nowhere near nor in the path of any doors leading outside), stand around for a while, maybe change into outerwear, maybe run outside (if they happened to be nearest to the bedroom door), then eventually drop the action, only to have it pop up again a few seconds later, where they would repeat the same process all over again.

And when I say they all congregated in the daughter's bedroom, I mean ALL of them. It got a bit crowded, what with the three sims, their three dogs, and THE HORSE.

O hai, whatchu guys doin'?

This would actually be kinda cool, if the window was open. EXCEPT THAT IT'S NOT. I love how the boundaries of solid objects are treated more like guidelines in the Sims

This carried on for the better part of an entire day. If it wasn't for a few timely cheats, they all would've died of starvation, exhaustion, bad smells, bladder explosion, or all of the above. (Side note: If my sims die of old age, fire, meteor strike, etc., that's one thing. But under no circumstances will I let them die of sheer game-induced stupidity on my watch. They may be idiots, but they're kinda lovable idiots, and I grow pretty attached to them!)

At one point, I teleported them into town (it was the only way to get them there!), just to see if that helped matters, and there they did fine! I sent them all to get flu shots, they stood in the rain and talked, the dad left the hospital in his pajamas... You know, nothing out of the ordinary there...

But as soon as they got home, the Go Out fun started all over again. I checked, and this wasn't happening to any of my other families in the neighborhood. Fortunately, it all stopped around 9 in the evening, and they finally got to get on with their lives, but I'm still left with no answers as to WHAT that was all about!!

My MTS Yearbook
“Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.” - Mark Twain
Mad Poster
#1529 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by strawberrieflavored
And when I say they all congregated in the daughter's bedroom, I mean ALL of them. It got a bit crowded, what with the three sims, their three dogs, and THE HORSE.

Semi related, but this just reminded me of when I switched to a household that has a horse once, and found the horse just chillin' inside.

...To this day I have no idea how the hell it managed to squeeze through the front door.
Instructor
#1530 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by strawberrieflavored
But as soon as they got home, the Go Out fun started all over again. I checked, and this wasn't happening to any of my other families in the neighborhood. Fortunately, it all stopped around 9 in the evening, and they finally got to get on with their lives, but I'm still left with no answers as to WHAT that was all about!!

I've actually had this happen in a household before. There seemed no rhyme or reason for it, and they all got the action in their queue around 2 am. I finally used reset lot from Master Controller to get them to stop. To this day, I wonder what they were hoping to "go out" and find...

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Test Subject
#1531 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 12:34 AM
When my sims have a baby and they always wanna stop what they are doing to feed it even when its not hungry im like "STOP PUT IT DOWN LEAVE IT ALONE PLEASE ITS NOT HUNGRY"
Inventor
#1532 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 12:14 PM

How can do many things go wrong on so many levels at once?
Scholar
#1533 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 9:34 PM
I have a sim with the LTW Zombie Master. I threw some potions at sims and then I tried mixing drinks for fun. After a few sim minutes several sims would line up to drink the "mysterious drink" my sim left out. One would drink it and turn into a zombie. I'd put another one out, and loads of sims would STILL line up to drink it.

I know this is the way the drinks are supposed to work but think about this. You've got this person who has been tormenting everyone in town for weeks by turning you into toads, freezing and burning you. She's forced you to wet your pants and go around stinking. She's now throwing potions at you and turning you and all your friends into the walking dead. She snickers to herself and puts a strangely glowing drink on the counter.

WTF? WHY would you drink it?!?! Not only that, why would you swarm around and complain that someone else drank it before you got a chance? And then when you saw your wife turn into a zombie after drinking it, WHY would you fight to be the first one to drink the SECOND mysterious drink that she puts on the counter?
Forum Resident
#1534 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 9:41 PM
^I suppose when the zombie apocalypse starts happening, you're safer as a zombie than a human.
"Oh no! It's happening!! Get me a drink of that stuff, before they start going after MY brains!"

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Instructor
#1535 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
Arthur Friend is the result of me attempting to create an evil Imaginary Friend turned real and his downtrodden, infallibly loyal minion/former owner after discovering there were no limits on what traits Imaginary Friends can have and finding the concept of a manipulative, villainous entity born from some poor sim child's brain so fundamentally unsettling that it more or less demanded to be made into a character.

It resulted in this:

*snip*
In hindsight, it probably wasn't the most sensible simming decision I've ever made.

He's gorgeous! Did you use custom sliders on him? If you didn't I'd love to have him please.

Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
So I just installed Seasons.

And for some reason, Rick Scumthorpe rolled a want to gain a few Logic points when I loaded for the first time after patching despite usually being a drunken, douchey, anti-intellectual moron. Well, good for him, he could probably use them and it's always nice to see somebody wanting to improve their mind-

*snip*
erm

is that a wise idea Rick

you do realise what I just installed right

Somewhat surprisingly, he actually turned out to be either a natural astronomer or someone with the biggest case of beginner's luck ever, judging by the fact that he managed to discover a new star within less than an hour of using a perfectly ordinary telescope for the first time in his entire life.

Unfortunately, however, he quickly proved to be about as effective at naming astronomical objects as his family usually is at naming infants:

*snip*
And so it came to pass that a once-majestic celestial body that lit the darkness of the cosmos countless millennia before the birth of our sun was forced to spend its dying days named after the most repulsive members of a race of hairless apes, forever stumbling about on a pale blue dot suspended in infinity.

Still, at least nothing seems to have gone unambiguously wrong so far-

*snip*
...Ah.

I guess we all kind of saw this coming.

But still, it's only been four in-game hours since Seasons was added to this disaster of a town. What the HELL?

*snip*
ATTENTION: HUMAN SUBJECT REQUIRED FOR MAJOR BIOLOGICAL EXPERIMENT

*snip*
"...Dude, first contact. I knew I wasn't wasting my time with the X-Files in the '90s-"

*snip*
"-Wait, what are you doing? Stop it! You don't want me!"

*snip*
"I'm not probing material! I haven't even lost my virginity the usual way yet!"

*snip*
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And just in case you're in any doubt as to the implications of this momentous event, here's Rick's moodlet panel afterwards. When it expired, this new moodlet was automatically replaced by another one of... shall we say, growing significance?

*snip*
IT BEGINS

That was awesome, please tell me you'll continue to post more. Do you have a blog or something?

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Forum Resident
#1536 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 10:15 PM
Oh. Oh my.

Forgive her, Mingham, she knows not what she asks. o_O

The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Top Secret Researcher
#1537 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 11:30 PM
The Grim Reaper just asked a married ex-imaginary friend on a date. Twice.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#1538 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
The Grim Reaper just asked a married ex-imaginary friend on a date. Twice.

...Jealous.

Lab Assistant
#1539 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 1:03 AM
My sim cooks a meal, then passes the dining room table, two squares away in her path, to go through the entire house to eat outside when it's either raining or snowing! I think it's the Love The Outdoors trait, but still! It's the farthest table!
Test Subject
#1540 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 1:12 AM
So I have my Sim start work as Law Enforcement. He goes up a couple levels, then all of a sudden his cellphone starts ringing. It's his boss asking him out on a date. Said boss happens to be married to a completely different Sim. I'm like "uh OK... don't piss off the boss, I guess." They go out to some park with this palm tree or what have you, and end up with these funny little red hearts circling their heads that I have no idea what those represent...but seriously, she's married AND is his boss! I don't think I'm gonna let this continue... I don't see any way it could end well.
Instructor
#1541 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by misslaheela
Oh. Oh my.

Forgive her, Mingham, she knows not what she asks. o_O

Sure I am, I'm asking a brilliantly creative, witty person to share more of his/her sim adventures.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#1542 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
Sure I am, I'm asking a brilliantly creative, witty person to share more of his/her sim adventures.
They were kidding. We all love his crazy game. We are just worried that people's computers will be ruined by all the drinks that come out our noses and spray the keyboard, because we are laughing so hard.
Forum Resident
#1543 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 2:01 AM
I was specifically aiming my comment towards her remarking that Mingham should share Arthur Friend with the world. I cringe in fear to know what fate will become of society if that ever happens.

Mad Poster
#1544 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 2:49 AM
while my sim was moonlighting at the local bar, I noticed one of his neighbors walking in holding this:

Er....That...uh...looks oddly like a stake....or a railroad spike. I know the supernatural population in that town is huge (in fact, she's a werewolf) but WTF! And there aren't even any vampires on the lot at that time.

then there's this:

THESE TWO ARE SISTERS!!! They just autonomously did this! The game said this was called a "Lunatic embrace" and it's under the romantic section.....WTF is this?
One Minute Ninja'd
#1545 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

THESE TWO ARE SISTERS!!! They just autonomously did this! The game said this was called a "Lunatic embrace" and it's under the romantic section.....WTF is this?

They're expressing the deeply felt love that siblings can have. Granted, it could be interpreted as having some romantic connotation, but that is probably just projection.

Or, it's 2 sisters making out with each other. You can't say that EA is closed minded about alternative lifestyles, even when they run towards an Appalachian model.

The spike thing your first sim was holding is the chisel from sculpting. Sometimes, if the sim is chiseling stone, and they strike a gem, ruining the statue (but giving them some low valued gem) the animation will glitch and the sim will continue holding the chisel afterwards. I once had a sim with 3 stuck chisels in her hand. I tried to not let her shake hands with anyone. A simple resetsim gets rid of the stuck object.
Field Researcher
#1546 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 8:00 AM
Last night, my witch sim autonomously cast the Fire Blast spell on his pregnant wife. They were just married, too! Then he and his scorched wife were making out...
Top Secret Researcher
#1547 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
(re: Lunatic embrace) They're expressing the deeply felt love that siblings can have.
I concur that this is a real and realistic thing. If the full moon happened to furnish an excuse for it in this case, then props to the moon.

Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
You can't say that EA is closed minded about alternative lifestyles...
Can so, and I often do! I'm pretty narbled up about the apparent Law of Nature that says a Sim you've ever kissed will be jealous if you ever kiss anyone else. But I do think the hugging aspect of Lunacy is sweet, & I'm glad they put it in.
One Minute Ninja'd
#1548 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
Can so, and I often do! I'm pretty narbled up about the apparent Law of Nature that says a Sim you've ever kissed will be jealous if you ever kiss anyone else. But I do think the hugging aspect of Lunacy is sweet, & I'm glad they put it in.

Well, EA does seem to take a pretty hardline view on monogamy. But they don't seem to block who, or what, you can be monogamous with. What's even worse than getting locked into a relationship by kissing, is to just confess attraction. That's really unfair.
Theorist
#1549 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shadedgrey63
Last night, my witch sim autonomously cast the Fire Blast spell on his pregnant wife. They were just married, too! Then he and his scorched wife were making out...

Did she die?
Top Secret Researcher
#1550 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by misslaheela
...Jealous.

Don't be. He sucks at dates.

Third time he asked, she accepted because he's the GRIM REAPER and besides, I need as many sims not related to the original bloodline as possible (Nothing is Free challenge).

He took her out to an empty lot (though to be fair, it was between that, the military base, or the grocery store) and spent half the time talking to a paparazzi with an umbrella that looked silly-looking even for an umbrella. And then for some reason, the flirting meter reset after every interaction, so she wasn't able to get past the flirty stage.

For those of you who are interested, here are the Grim Reaper's stats:

First name: Grim
Last name: Reaper
Job: Grim Reaper
Life stage: a few days into YA
Relationship status: Single
Astrological sign: Cancer
Alma Mater: Community High School
Gender Preference: Straight

Enjoys long walks in the twilit realms, loves kittens, and likes paparazzi (though given that he usually only sees them dying or dead, that makes a lot of sense).
Page 62 of 321