Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#1926 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
And if you're interested in further unusual-looking sims that happen to be lying around in my sim bin, here's a work-in-progress dwarf.

And here's a half-finished goblin.

Isn't violating the limits of what the game can normally do wonderful?

Might I ask if you're currently nuts about "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey"? (Don't worry, I am, too...very much so. ) Your dwarf reminds me of Gloin - before I saw your description of it being a dwarf, I knew it was anyway, lol. And the goblin reminds me of...a Middle-Earth goblin, lol.

I'm totally off topic, aren't I?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1927 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 8:05 AM
Now Mingham just needs a way to make that dwarf dance.
Scholar
#1928 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 1:56 PM
Haha!! Please share these when you're done :') What sliders did you use?

And PLEEEEASE don't talk about The Hobbit!! I'm seeing it at the end of the week and pretty much EVERYONE has seen it already and it's so hard to avoid spoilers!! D:

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#1929 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
Haha!! Please share these when you're done :') What sliders did you use?

And PLEEEEASE don't talk about The Hobbit!! I'm seeing it at the end of the week and pretty much EVERYONE has seen it already and it's so hard to avoid spoilers!! D:

Don't worry, I won't. Haven't seen it either, though I read the book as a kid.

As for how and why I made a goblin and a dwarf, I wasn't actually thinking of The Hobbit at the time. I just found Bloom's height slider and decided to experiment with short, inhuman characters with abnormal body proportions. And both of them are short- I'd estimate that in-game they'd be barely any taller than the child stage, though considerably wider and bulkier. And not remotely pudding-y.

I also have a family of The Hills Have Eyes-esque radioactive mutants in my sim bin, which I'm currently trying to perfect so I can eventually dump them in Twinbrook and have them make a living through scavenging, petty theft and selling scrap metal. They're not a height variation experiment, though. They're just made up of warped, grotesque slider settings and creative uses of CC. Which work rather well. Unfortunately.

Take this mutant teenager, for example:

...I imagine a few people who focus exclusively on making beautiful sims probably want my head on a spike by now.

And yes, once they've started appearing in-game they'll almost certainly make regular appearances in this thread. When you have a family that looks THIS screwed-up and spends a considerable amount of time looting other people's bins, you just know they're going to produce plenty of absurd moments.
Field Researcher
#1930 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 3:19 PM
And yes, once they've started appearing in-game they'll almost certainly make regular appearances in this thread. When you have a family that looks THIS screwed-up and spends a considerable amount of time looting other people's bins, you just know they're going to produce plenty of absurd moments.

I can only imagine what they'd find in the Scumthorpe's trash.. specially Sprog's.
Forum Resident
#1931 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 6:57 PM
Body parts was the first thing that came to my mind. especially Sprog's.
Forum Resident
#1932 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 7:03 PM
my money is on body parts,missing townies or other horrorable things
Mad Poster
#1933 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 8:14 PM
His mum and the butler are my guesses.
Scholar
#1934 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 10:08 PM
Don't worry, I won't. Haven't seen it either, though I read the book as a kid.

Phew!! My grandpa read it to me and my sisters, I barely remember it, but loved all three LOTR films so gotta love this one, right? Although I'm worried about sitting still for that long, it won't happen...

I also have a family of The Hills Have Eyes-esque radioactive mutants in my sim bin...

Holy crap, that's disturbingly accurate... Soon the hills in Twinbrook will have eyes too... :/

EDIT: Totally forgot for a minute there... My sim had a birthday today, first cake set on fire and mass panic erupted (I was having a party, total of 21 sims in the tiny house at the time). That was sorted, and after birthday-girl had put herself out in the shower (can children die from fire?) she tried again.

This was her outfit upon entering her teenage years:

I know, 'bad CC'. I'll find it later, but lol at the old man behind her, and from this angle it looks like Darlene Bunch is gawping...

Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Test Subject
#1935 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 11:18 PM
Well, a character can visibly be Boobies McTits while still wearing clothes, whereas Cockie McWillies more or less inherently requires both nude clothing and a penis accessory I don't currently have. It's a shame, I agree- you know I'd have absolutely no qualms about making him if I wouldn't be running the risk of getting banned for posting inappropriate material by doing so.

No it doesn't. All it requires is the gawdawful hotdog costume hat and some kind of loincloth. Slightly different to Boobies McTits, but still doable and not outright naked.

The Djinn Legacy - A Random Legacy
Top Secret Researcher
#1936 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skylarkza
No it doesn't. All it requires is the gawdawful hotdog costume hat and some kind of loincloth. Slightly different to Boobies McTits, but still doable and not outright naked.

Actually, I hadn't thought of that, that's a very good point. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll try to get round to that in the next few days between finishing off a horribly annoying MA essay and writing my PHD proposal.
Mad Poster
#1937 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 1:33 AM
The insane bastard that thought of the Sprog is getting a PhD!? Please tell me you wont use that power for evil like your creation would
Top Secret Researcher
#1938 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
The insane bastard that thought of the Sprog is getting a PhD!? Please tell me you wont use that power for evil like your creation would

Well, not yet, I'm hoping to apply for one in the near future if all goes according to plan. I'm currently a postgraduate student in the middle of doing my MA in modern British history. Got my general history BA last summer. To be honest, the Scumthorpes more or less began as a way to amuse myself while writing a 12,000-word dissertation on the late 19th-century modernisation of Meiji-era Japan.

And don't worry, there's very little risk of me pulling a Sprog. Historians often make good eccentrics, but don't usually have a natural talent for murder.
Inventor
#1939 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 2:04 AM Last edited by leo06girl : 8th Jan 2013 at 3:39 AM.
I just watched The Expendables 2 and during the final fight between Sylvester Stallone's character and the bad guy every time the bad guy was shown, all I could think of was how similar he looked to the picture of a grown up Lester Scumthorpe that Mingam posted.
Field Researcher
#1940 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 4:43 AM
It drives me insane when my Sims are feeding a toddler and they leave the kid at the top of the stairs and go downstairs themselves, and then they stand around all confused wondering where their child has gone. Or they take the kid all the way downstairs and feed them in the garage. I muttered quite a few expletives when my Sim did that earlier.

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.- Mitch Hedberg
Mad Poster
#1941 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 8:34 AM Last edited by BL00DIEDHELL : 8th Jan 2013 at 8:35 AM. Reason: Male Sims aren't referred to as "she", you big dorkoloid
What's the worst is when you try and do something that involves picking a toddler up, and the toddler moves to the top of the stairs and said Sim can't pick them up.

"FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK GARY, HE DID IT AGAIN. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PICK HIM UP WHEN HE'S RIGHT THERE? I MEAN I KNOW THERE'S THIS HUGE SPACE BEHIND HIM THAT I COULD TOTALLY USE BUT DAMN IT I WANT TO PICK HIM UP FROM THE FRONT."
Field Researcher
#1942 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
It's quite simple. ALL creatures on this planet have an instinctual fear of clowns. And deservedly so. They iz creepy.

OT But it is important to remind people to stay away from clowns.

On topic my neighbourhood's parliament house was invaded by teenagers dressed strangely. Clearly part of some of plot to cause chaos and anarchy.

Lawrence Lum in a hotdog suit, whatever is afoot here it cannot be good.

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#1943 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
What's the worst is when you try and do something that involves picking a toddler up, and the toddler moves to the top of the stairs and said Sim can't pick them up.

"FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK GARY, HE DID IT AGAIN. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PICK HIM UP WHEN HE'S RIGHT THERE? I MEAN I KNOW THERE'S THIS HUGE SPACE BEHIND HIM THAT I COULD TOTALLY USE BUT DAMN IT I WANT TO PICK HIM UP FROM THE FRONT."

An even worse scenario is the toddler is starving, other sims are trying to help and his dad is front of the crib just lost in his own world hosting a concert with his guitar.
Mad Poster
#1944 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 1:00 PM
Oh gentle Jesus, that hasn't happened to me yet. Luckily I have the weapons mod for if/when it does however...
#1945 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 1:22 PM
Historians often make good eccentrics, but don't usually have a natural talent for murder.

Architects on the other hand, sadists and maniacs to a man...
Lab Assistant
#1946 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 2:21 PM
I just HATE when taxis take shortcuts THROUGH the park itself.This bug happened several times last night in Sunset Valley.I had removed the default City Hall building before I got rolling along & replaced with one of the AIO Civic Centers,specifically the one from Moonlight Falls.Thereby allowing me to bulldoze the Military & Police lots. Well this copy of Central Park,where the pic is from,sits by the Space Port,where the old military base sat.This isn't the Festival Grounds park either by the way.So I'm guessing I caused this bug to happen?
Screenshots

Sky Marshal Skittles to the rescue!

Causing havoc here at MTS since 2004
One Minute Ninja'd
#1947 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 3:54 PM
Maybe someone was in a rush to get their fortune told.
Scholar
#1948 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dreamfoil
OT But it is important to remind people to stay away from clowns.

OMGWTF?! That is the weirdest thing I've heard in ages. And I watch 'strange and unusual deaths' and other similar programs...

The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Site Helper
#1949 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 7:34 PM
I had a pair of sims that I thought would get along well with each other. I engineered a meeting, and I was right. She went home with him for dinner, and he didn't mind at all that she played games with his bathroom mirror while he fixed something to eat, nor the fact that she is blue with purple stripes and pointed ears. They chatted over dinner, and well into the night. They finally began flirting with each other, and autonomously got to their first kiss before they both realized that they were completely exhausted. (She punctuated her comment by pretending to pass out on the floor next to his bed.) He stared lovingly at her, then went to bed. She woke up just as the sun was rising. (I -did- mention that they stayed up most of the night, didn't I?) As she headed for her own house a car passed on the road in front of the house. Suddenly there was a notification from Twallan's Story Progression that her new Romantic Interest had begun going steady... with someone else!

I decided to nip this in the bud, and switched households so I could break them up. There was one minor problem- the only sim he knew was mine.

So he had somehow managed to become romantically involved with a sim he had never met while he was dreaming.

I can imagine the conversation now. "Honey, I love you. You are one of a kind, and I meant it when I said that we have so much in common that I wanted to get to know you better. I will never forget you. But I've decided that I'm looking for someone else. No hard feelings?"

"No hard feelings at all. We're just both moving to another world where there are no inhabitants yet so this can't happen again!"

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#1950 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 7:50 PM
I'm pretty sure EA has designed the Sims 3 to carefully scrutinize which Sims you really like or need to use for the story, and then mess them up in the worst possible way when they age up.

Exhibit A: I created a mischievous little Pixie fairy for my legacy, giving him a young and hopefully playful appearance, simple clothing because heaven knows he wants to get straight to the prank-pulling and not waste time on how he looks. I think he was pleasant to look at.

He recently aged up to adult. MasterController informed me of it, showing his new picture in my upper right-hand corner. There was my darling Pixie fairy with a balding haircut, no shirt, and skin-tight leather pants.

I just might've lost all sense of reason as I went to Map View, pushed past the lag, and let out a war cry as I continually mashed my clicking button as he drove around town to get away from my mighty finger. I was so distraught I didn't even think to pause so he'd sit still.

Unfortunately I did not take a screenshot. Rest assured, it was nightmare-inducing.

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Page 78 of 321