Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#2126 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 1:13 AM
Things my Sims' dogs (4 Pugs) dream about:

Their fear of clowns
Their fear of crying babies
Their fear of ghosts
Garbage cans full of garbage
Their owners
Themselves
Chicken legs
Turkey
Baseball
Lobsters

This was all in the same night.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2127 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 1:28 AM
^^Guess it ain't just Scumthorpes who dream of eclectic shit!
Inventor
#2128 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 2:07 AM
I forgot to add this, one of the dogs who dreamed about garbage has the neat trait. She was born with it.
Field Researcher
#2129 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 9:29 AM Last edited by catnipeverdeen : 7th Feb 2013 at 7:16 AM.

Hey, man. Robbing a girl's house is not the same thing as stealing her heart.
Test Subject
#2130 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 9:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StardustX

And this, no explanation needed.

He must be be jailed for that.
Scholar
#2131 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leo06girl
Things my Sims' dogs (4 Pugs) dream about:

Their fear of clowns
Their fear of crying babies
Their fear of ghosts
Garbage cans full of garbage
Their owners
Themselves
Chicken legs
Turkey
Baseball
Lobsters

This was all in the same night.
I see your pug dreams and raise you one night's worth of irish wolfhound dreams:
- Bats
- Ponds
- Gummi men
- Fear of gemstones
- Shoes
- Dislike of high chairs
- Bigfoot
- Their owner's trashy girlfriend (what else could it mean when it flips between a trashcan and the sim three times in a row?)
Test Subject
#2132 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 12:15 PM
Adults dropping everything to go and scold a teen!
Test Subject
#2133 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 6:56 PM
Default Still Having Party Trouble
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Then you should follow the outline ghost linked to above. It's probably a mod conflict or an out of date mod that's preventing the party from registering.

After going through troubleshooting I still have the same problem.....but I noticed that the only parties I'm having trouble with are the ones related to the sims seasons expansion pack....any help anyone....
Lab Assistant
#2134 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 6:41 PM
Not as much WTF are you doing, as WTF is happening.
So, the sims family is living on a large lot. The family grew so I desided to build an extra house on the lot. Nothing fancy, just a small bathroom, bed, a desk and some places to sit. There's a washingmachine and dryer on the lot to, so the new house also got a laundryhamper (or whatever it's called in english) close to the bed. Not to close, there's enough space around.
So the question is, what happens when sims go to sleep in the bed and thus change their clothes? Does the clothes fall into the hamper? Why no, that would be odd. On the floor then perhaps? Nope, not there either. The natural place for the clothes to be placed: On the roof. It's not even a complete flat roof. I also think that room upstairs in the other house places the clothes there now and then. I have to check to be sure though. Probably a good explanation for this to happen, but I don't know what. I give up and surrender my . There's just to many of them.
Top Secret Researcher
#2135 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 10:28 PM
I think my sims have forgotten how to eat. Every time I let the game run in the background, I come back to find them staring at the fridge, plates of food surrounding them, and with a starving moodlet.

In other news: the grumpiest birthday party ever!

"Oh joy. The sparkles again."

"Let's get this over with."

"What are you looking at? So I'm a young adult. Big whoop."

She had that face on the entire sequence. Just wish I'd gotten a picture of her with the noisemaker.

Well, that seems to be an appropriate response to your husband dying. Wait, what's that on the floor behind Grim?

AUGH ITS AN INVISIBLE GELATINOUS CUBE KILL IT KILL IT!

And ever since I've updated, there has been some weirdness with the thumbnail pictures.

Case in point. What's wrong with her eyes? They look so pale. And they don't look like that in-game.

See? They don't attempt to devour souls.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#2136 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 11:46 PM
Under the heading of quality parenting.. My legacy family daughter the bright girl she is is sitting out in the rain reading.. OK I understand as mom and dad are in the kitchen getting all romantic.. Yes let the brat sit out in the rain and get sick..

Genius I tell you..
Inventor
#2137 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 2:00 AM
Today my Sim told his girlfriend a flirtatious joke about a tree.
Inventor
#2138 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 2:38 AM

Probably this one:
Quote:
You can fall from the sky
You can fall from a tree
But the best way to fall
Is in love with me

Not much of a joke but it has a tree in it.
Inventor
#2139 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kathwynn
Under the heading of quality parenting.. My legacy family daughter the bright girl she is is sitting out in the rain reading.. OK I understand as mom and dad are in the kitchen getting all romantic.. Yes let the brat sit out in the rain and get sick..

Genius I tell you..

My Sim read her toddler son (the one who told the flirtatious tree joke) a book outside, during a blizzard (already lot of snow on the ground), without putting his outerwear on him.
Test Subject
#2140 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I have a Firefighter Sim; I swear she is the only one who works in that place. When she's off over the weekend I keep getting warnings that the alarm and fire engine are running down on maintenance; so make the weekend staff get off their lazy arses and maintain them. DX When she gets back on Monday they're always around 12%. All the other Firefighters do is sit around playing video games or eating. Noone else ever gets in the truck for an emergency either.

What expansion is that in? That sounds cool that you can be a firefighter.
Mad Poster
#2141 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 5:54 AM
Professions like Firefighter came with Ambitions. Lately they're more trouble than they're worth.
Test Subject
#2142 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 6:12 AM
My criminal sim went to jail, and I kind of ignored him for a while. He got out sooner then I realized--by the time I looked over, he had stolen three things from the police station. Seriously?

Also, the whole fire issue and walking around the house issue, which I'm sure has been mentioned.

I have a house with about twelve bookcases right now, and every time one of my five sims isn't doing anything, I find them grabbing a random book from the bookcase to read. Which. . . would make sense, in theory, until I opened their inventory and realized that some of them were already carrying around about nine books, multiple copies of some. Not a one was ever finished. So they are pretty much carrying around a library of books with them that are unread, and yet, of course, they must get a new one. Who wants to read books that have been off the bookcase for a day?
Field Researcher
#2143 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 10:44 AM
This will be a short post because in my other posts most stuff that happened to me is already in them:
- My sim cooked chili for the other 7 sims, but I didnĀ“t knew that it can start fires. Now imagine 8 sims spitting fire... left a good mess to clean up.
- 8 sims 1 4x3 bathroom, do I need to say more?
- The bees are pretty aggressive towards my sims. Everytime my sims want to harvest honey, they always get attacked by a bee swarm.
Site Helper
#2144 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 3:45 PM
BKLatrice, you really need to post over in Game Help, or any questions you have or answers you get will be drowned in other posts.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#2145 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
At least when you are the one pausing it, you know it's not frozen. Yes, it's sloppy programming. But do you -really- want EA to patch it?

You have a point. But I've got my solution - Twallon's Story Progression, Master Controller, and (especially especially) RELATIVITY.

Take that, EA! Now my Sims have the time to get things done, despite your best efforts to make them run around hopelessly behind all the time!
Instructor
#2146 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 10:57 PM Last edited by McChoclatey : 9th Feb 2013 at 5:03 AM.

He might've been joking about getting wood.

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Inventor
#2147 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joelene1892
I have a house with about twelve bookcases right now, and every time one of my five sims isn't doing anything, I find them grabbing a random book from the bookcase to read. Which. . . would make sense, in theory, until I opened their inventory and realized that some of them were already carrying around about nine books, multiple copies of some. Not a one was ever finished. So they are pretty much carrying around a library of books with them that are unread, and yet, of course, they must get a new one. Who wants to read books that have been off the bookcase for a day?

That's another thing that happens so often in my game that I stopped noticing it a long time ago.
Instructor
#2148 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 1:02 PM
Anyone else think the emotionless way that sims dance is kind of creepy?

This doesn't seem like an appropriate way for a teen/adult to dance...

Forum Resident
#2149 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 3:05 PM
StardustX

Yes and Yes...

Especially as that the mom is putting the baby in its crib.. The ick level just went up another notch.
Test Subject
#2150 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 7:08 PM
Today I celebrated a wedding party. And hours after the party there was still a Sim, who constantly threw confetti into the air. When he finally went home at 2 pm he peed into my house. WTF?! :D
Page 86 of 321