Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#626 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 9:57 PM
Is there more CFE that you can do with the boat? Perhaps make it look as if it's sinking into the sand? I agree that I love the concept, especially if there's still rooms left in it (perhaps with a treasure chest?), but at the moment it's kinda squarish.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#627 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 3:24 AM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 6th Jun 2013 at 1:05 AM.

Hm, I need to come up with something to put here.
Instructor
#628 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ouerbacker
Is this boat better?

mucho better.

with Island Paradise, you can place a steering wheel there
Field Researcher
#629 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 9:48 AM
Ooh, I really think the boat looks better now! It looks much better with the bow curving inwards.

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet
dodgy builder
#630 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 9:52 AM
swiss alps

That looks much better. It's looking a bit like a modern redo though, perhaps something to do with the textures you're using?
Field Researcher
#631 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 1:47 PM
I love the newer version of the wreck
Less sharp edges, more curves, more realistic after so much time in the sea ^^

Still struggling with CAW :x
Instructor
#632 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 4:06 PM
Love it! And I love the idea of being able to explore the inside. =)

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Field Researcher
#633 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 5:19 PM
Maybe you should have the ship lot as a Hidden tomb-marked community lot instead of residental or do you intend to make the lot livable?
Forum Resident
#634 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 6:11 PM
Just wanted to say, I got a new PC [finally and yay!], and this was the 1st non-EA world I played [errm... play-tested].
And wow! This is a wonderful town-- your landscaping and building details are impeccable.

That wrecked boat on the beach is fabulous! Perfect addition!
Test Subject
#635 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 11:19 PM
Will this be updated? Or is it scrapped?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#636 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ariyem
Will this be updated? Or is it scrapped?

This world isn't dead yet. For the next few weeks, however, my time is pretty dead. 3 weeks from now I should be in the clear for a couple months, yippee, so good progress should be made pretty soon.

Though I don't have pictures of it, the lighthouse is 100% done with an interior now. Regarding the boat, I'm considering the idea of waiting until the island life, wrong name, patch to come out because it looks like it will allow for shorter, less than three click high, walls.

Also, Playinsafe, thanks for all of that feedback via PM. I would take you up on the spelling thing, but to enter those descriptions is not a copy-paste thing. They all must be entered via the hard to see miniscule in-game menus.

Test Subject
#637 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 4:29 AM
I have a question

How did you make that curve on the front of the roof on this building? Did you follow a tutorial or are you just that awesome? If so, would you be willing to do a tutorial on this?

Test Subject
#638 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 11:23 PM
There is a video on youtube by the sim supply that did a tutorial on curved roofs...the technique is pretty much the same. Here's the link ..hope that helps!
Test Subject
#639 Old 6th May 2013 at 7:02 PM
I just found this, and sat here like an idiot with my mouth agape going through the whole thread. This is so amazing, I can't even believe it. I have been looking for a world like this forever, and unable to find one, recently spent weeks and weeks making myself crazy with CAW, trying to edit Pounawea into something similar (I needed large lots!). Even if I had succeeded in my attempt, I wouldn't have been able to make anything like this. You are an incredibly talented artist and builder, and your attention to detail is remarkable. I can't thank you enough for this world! It's the perfect mix of everything that I've been looking for, and I'm beyond excited to play the finished version and explore this world.

It's been about a month since we've gotten an update - how are things going with Reyes these days?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#640 Old 6th Jun 2013 at 12:59 AM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 19th Jun 2013 at 2:12 AM.

Instructor
#641 Old 6th Jun 2013 at 9:42 AM
Good to see an update from you, Ouerbacker! I totally understand about getting sidetracked - it's so hard to stick to just one project at a time. Your new desert world looks very promising!
Field Researcher
#642 Old 6th Jun 2013 at 3:24 PM
Glad to see you back The mission church is awesome, so colorful inside!
I can help you with the Spanish name, it's not gramatically correct and not very logic, what was the English name you had in mind?
Btw, the desert world is awesome, very realistic!

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Instructor
#643 Old 6th Jun 2013 at 3:48 PM
Love the new addition to Reyes (even though the mission could use a couple more windows in the chapel? At least on the side that faces the cemetery )! I'm quite intrigued about the desert world, may I ask what are those dark, long, wall-like things we can see in the distance?

Good job as always

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Theorist
#644 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 1:52 PM
That spanish house is beautiful. One of the best I've seen.
I'm very sorry about how bad I am at sticking to one project and bringing it to completion.

Is Seacrest still coming after this?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Alchemist
#645 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 7:22 PM
The chapel's interior looks nice with the curved ceiling.
AS for the desert world, are you going to make a seperate thread? Or is there one I missed?

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#646 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 9:20 PM
So is Reyes still going to get a distant terrain? Even a crappy vague one would be wonderful! Maybe it could be done very quickly if it appeared really foggy?

Everything else looks great, by the way!
Alchemist
#647 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 8:50 PM
Could you do a Roswell-themed bar further out? That would be awesome!

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#648 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 7:38 PM
dayum, Ouerbacker! I think I lurv everything you touch! Fantastic!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#649 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 1:28 AM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 19th Jun 2013 at 2:08 AM.
some mixed progress

work on DT very wip

Making the terrain shape in CAW

picture from Blender. this worked!!! kinda- now I need to finish the rest of it.

While this floor isn't furnished, I have cleaned up most of my previous cfe mistakes, maximizing usable space.

that house

lower level of the pink house beside the one shown above

not quite done, but getting there.

Quote:
Love the new addition to Reyes (even though the mission could use a couple more windows in the chapel? At least on the side that faces the cemetery )! I'm quite intrigued about the desert world, may I ask what are those dark, long, wall-like things we can see in the distance?

Once CAW is updated for the latest patch, I'll add about four windows in. They should help break up the two flat walls a little. Those long dark greenish, blackish things would be the glitchy trees from the france distant terrain.

Quote:
Glad to see you back The mission church is awesome, so colorful inside!
I can help you with the Spanish name, it's not gramatically correct and not very logic, what was the English name you had in mind?
Btw, the desert world is awesome, very realistic!

When I came up with it's current name, I was quite tired and more than a little out of it. Since a number of the California Mission roughly translate to "Saint someone's name" or "Saint -first name- of -random spanish city- ", could you come up with a nice Spanish sounding name for the Mission.

A note regarding the desert world.

Because of how unrealistic some aspects of the painting and sculpting are, my current feelings, for now, on the world are leaning toward not completing it. The funky trees on the DT have also helped with this decision.
To sum things up, my current plan is to finish reyes. After that, I don't know what I'll be working on.

Mad Poster
#650 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 2:58 AM
Working on distant terrain must be absolute hell, but I believe you'll get some pretty good results. And I'm sorry to hear about the desert world. I can only suggest working with it more, because it has potential, but I under the frustrations.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Page 26 of 31