Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#676 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 10:31 PM
With Sao Paten and this, our sims are in for quite the treat. Wow. Very exciting!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#677 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 12:25 AM
Some snaps around town:

No photoshop!

You can also check updates over at the Tumblr blog:
http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
#678 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 4:38 PM
Wow, that`s beautiful! I place weeds like this all over my neighborhood in my CAW project and I know how hard it is to place them all one by one. Is there any way to place a lot of objects at once?
Field Researcher
#679 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 5:44 PM
Beautiful!
Mad Poster
#680 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 5:55 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 27th Mar 2015 at 5:56 AM.
Default Point Ouerbacker Testing Version 7

Now released- Point Ouerbacker Testing Version 7! Ouerbacker has graciously allowed me to finish Reyes County for him, and so here it is!

Point Ouerbacker
Quote:
Point Ouerbacker is a prominent cape and tourist destination on the Pasimific coast of Northern Calsimfornia. It is located in Reyes County, a convenient hour east of Santa Mira and two hours north of Sim Francisco.

As the fishing industry and homogeneity that once dominated the area has faded away, new demographics, new religions and new economies have moved in. Point Ouerbacker now struggles to define itself between the secure, stagnant old world of its birth, and the uncertain new world of tomorrow.

Places to See
Quote:
  • Seacliffe- a small summer vacation spot on the shores of Quarter Moon Bay, popular with folks from Santa Mira and Sim Francisco.
  • Landgraabs Estero- A large brackish bay east of Point Ouerbacker.
  • Freslock Bay- a small town once known for its fishing industry.
  • Point Ouerbacker- A peninsula divided into ranches, farms and Point Ouerbacker National Seashore.

More pictures here

Of note:
Quote:
  • 85 Lots (wow!), split amongst 45 residential lots and 40 community lots.
  • Lot assigment is arranged so that sims will be concentrated in Freslock Bay.
  • 1 Base Camp for your sims to visit & snag some sweet foreign booty >:3
  • 3 dive lots, though these are in testing as the depth of the water may not work.
  • Thematic mixture of Marin County, Monterey and general West Coast Americana.
  • Also slightly inspired by paintings of Andrew Wyeth, Grahame Sydney, Edward Hopper, Grant Wood and other Regionalism artworks.
  • Not everything in this world is shiny and new; in fact, most of it isn't.
  • All lots are furnished!
  • Minimal rabbitholes! The majority of community lots are built and enterable, with the exception of the Hospital.
  • Currently uses a slightly altered Sunlit Tide's .ini files, but rest assured- there will be adjustments later on (especially to the water)! I love the way the sun looks in this world.
  • I suggest you turn off snow for a more authentic experience.
  • Flybys and other things will still need to be finished.

Your task (if you wish to take it on) is to:

Quote:
  • Test the world for routing and lag. There are a few outstanding issues involving boats and town population sizes.
  • Load the world quickly with sims and stress test the world. An easy tutorial is located here .
  • Find any other issues.
  • Take pretty pictures! Tag them with "Reyes County" for easy following.

* There currently are routing issues if your sim decides to travel from the Art Gallery by boat, or from Quarter Moon Beach by boat.
* There are also issues with file sizes & crashing with lots of sims and I’d like to see if those issues are replicated by other users.

Download Link:

Things Required:
Quote:
  • Sims 3
  • World Adventures
  • Ambitions
  • Late Night
  • Pets
  • A decent computer
  • The free Pet Store (found here )

Quote:
Unfortunately, this world requires a tiny bit of CC. You will need Awesims' Cornices, which have been included in this set due to her site going down (please let me know if this violates the TOU), and two bits of distant terrain mods (also included). You will also need Jynx's Rabbithole rugs (Found here ).

Things Highly Suggested (uses objects from these EPs):
Quote:
  • Showtime
  • Generations
  • Seasons
  • Supernatural
  • University Life
  • Island Paradise

Things not Required:
Quote:
  • Stuff Packs
  • Sims 3 Store Items, but room has been made for some items.
  • Your First-born, or an arm/leg
  • Money

Other Suggested Mods:
Quote:
  • I also suggest you get NRaas' MasterController, StoryProgression, Register, and Overwatch if you want a generally better game. (Found here )
  • Shimrod's Townies out on the Town mod will force sims to visit community lots- meaning fewer empty lots! (Found here )

Happy testing!
Keep up to date at http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.com/

Field Researcher
#681 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 9:33 PM
This is breathtaking!

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
#682 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 11:16 PM
Looking amazing! One immediate problem I noticed, is the difference in colour of the water between the world and the DT. It's very noticeable, and if you're on a lot, like the Basecamp Seacliffe Motel, you can really tell where it changes. But I don't know if this is something that can be fixed
Mad Poster
#683 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baskerwil
Looking amazing! One immediate problem I noticed, is the difference in colour of the water between the world and the DT. It's very noticeable, and if you're on a lot, like the Basecamp Seacliffe Motel, you can really tell where it changes. But I don't know if this is something that can be fixed

Yup, this is an issue with the INIs, and will be fixed at a later date

It's largely caused by the use of a distant terrain to mask the other distant terrains extending under the water. Aka the classic to kill a fly tale.
Lab Assistant
#684 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Yup, this is an issue with the INIs, and will be fixed at a later date

It's largely caused by the use of a distant terrain to mask the other distant terrains extending under the water. Aka the classic to kill a fly tale.

Brilliant! So exciting to hear this. I'll keep looking through the World then
Mad Poster
#685 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 11:57 PM
One thing I want people to test in particular is how well the world runs a few weeks in with as many houses filled.

I've had some issues, but it could just be that my computer is old.
#686 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 12:03 AM
wow, I'd test it for sure but my computer is a dinosaur. From the pictures is it stunning and I can more than appreciate the work in it and the atmosphere.
Field Researcher
#687 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 1:27 AM
Love love love love love.

This world is enough to pull my limited gaming time back from Cities Skylines.
Test Subject
#688 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 12:49 AM
I'm really liking your terrain sculpting and painting of the cliffs, wow. Incredibly realistic, great Job!
dodgy builder
#689 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 03lilly
I'm really liking your terrain sculpting and painting of the cliffs, wow. Incredibly realistic, great Job!

Most of the job has be done by Ouerbacker and yes it was such a shame he had RL issues, but that's the way it goes I guess. I love jje1000 is willing to put a lot of effort into someone elses big project like this. I have tested it a few times when Ouerbacker was having exams and crashed cumputers and what not. I don't even remember, I just wonder why it never happens to me *knock on wood*.
Mad Poster
#690 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Most of the job has be done by Ouerbacker and yes it was such a shame he had RL issues, but that's the way it goes I guess. I love jje1000 is willing to put a lot of effort into someone elses big project like this. I have tested it a few times when Ouerbacker was having exams and crashed cumputers and what not. I don't even remember, I just wonder why it never happens to me *knock on wood*.

Yup, the majority of the sculpting and lot building was done by Ouerbacker. I added in a distant terrain and did a whole lot of bugtesting, and also completely redid most of the Community lot interiors + a few new lots here and there. There are some issues like routing (borked by Island Paradise) and the like that are still problematic, and will need to be addressed in the future.

The way I see it, it was kind of like finding a beautiful old car in a dusty garage, and fixing it up so that it could finally shine

On another, how are people faring? Are there any issues encountered so far?
Lab Assistant
#691 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 2:02 AM
Yup, the majority of the sculpting and lot building was done by Ouerbacker. I added in a distant terrain and did a whole lot of bugtesting, and also completely redid most of the Community lot interiors + a few new lots here and there. There are some issues like routing (borked by Island Paradise) and the like that are still problematic, and will need to be addressed in the future.

The way I see it, it was kind of like finding a beautiful old car in a dusty garage, and fixing it up so that it could finally shine

On another, how are people faring? Are there any issues encountered so far?

Love the analogy. And I agree, I'm just happy someone got permission to finish this! I'll test more after work tomorrow, as I didn't find any time today.
Test Subject
#692 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 11:29 PM
(I apologize for my English, I'm French and uses translation software) I love your neighborhood, but I do not see RabbitHole: City Hall, school, etc ... But otherwise everything else is very beautiful! Bravo
Mad Poster
#693 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 8:34 PM
Hi, you will need Jynx's rabbithole rugs, which are found here:

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Other+Mods+FAQ
Test Subject
#694 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 11:48 PM
Hoooow ... Okey ^^' thank you !!!
Lab Assistant
#695 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 12:45 PM
Just out of curiosity, what are the issues with the town population sizes?
Mad Poster
#696 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baskerwil
Just out of curiosity, what are the issues with the town population sizes?

I founded that when I moved a whole lot of sims in using NRaas' StoryProgression, the whole game tended to crash after a few day's worth of progression. I'd like to know if it's:

1.) An issue with the world- that the large file size (I have no idea how it got so big) is overloading the RAM
2.) An issue with my computer, since it's a bit old
3.) A problem with NRaas, some of the options have occasionally caused some issues with my other savegames

This should be a quick test to see if this issue appears on other computers.
Lab Assistant
#697 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 12:29 AM
I founded that when I moved a whole lot of sims in using NRaas' StoryProgression, the whole game tended to crash after a few day's worth of progression. I'd like to know if it's:

1.) An issue with the world- that the large file size (I have no idea how it got so big) is overloading the RAM
2.) An issue with my computer, since it's a bit old
3.) A problem with NRaas, some of the options have occasionally caused some issues with my other savegames

This should be a quick test to see if this issue appears on other computers.

I see, thanks for clarifying. I never use SP, but I'll consider getting Twallan's to test this.
Test Subject
#698 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 8:24 AM
I look forward to playing in the final version without defect and with people in homes ^^
Test Subject
#699 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 8:35 PM
I'm just curious. Is that the lighthouse meant to be inaccessible or there is something wrong? The lighthouse appeared to be a building lot but cannot do anything about it at all. No icon when in edit town and cannot command Sims to enter it.
Mad Poster
#700 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LLTY90
I'm just curious. Is that the lighthouse meant to be inaccessible or there is something wrong? The lighthouse appeared to be a building lot but cannot do anything about it at all. No icon when in edit town and cannot command Sims to enter it.

It could be that the lighthouse is set as a hidden tomb building.

Anyways, anyone running into any performance issues?
Page 28 of 31