Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The seasonal lot marker is just for seasons - or at least I hope it is. It would be kind of pointless for it to just be there without a real reason to change. It could work on the basic of changing per week, or certain amount of days, but it makes more sense to have it with seasons.

It it's actually there - great. :D

The seasonal lot marker lets you prepare lots for when seasons comes out. That's great news for me because I had plans to use the seasonal lot marker on a lot of lots.

By the way: I might make a world replacement mod that lets sims go to the lighthouse island in Sunset Valley :P
Advertisement
Retired
retired moderator
#52 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 7:38 PM
I love the fact that world builders who don't own Seasons can build seasonally-prepared worlds.

I cannot for the life of me see any visual signifiers of the new attraction feature... :S

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 7:38 PM
Whyyy oh whyyy EA, I should work on my MA thesis and you give me swimming in the ocean and oh-my-goodness-diving-boards!!!

Oh well, my supervisor will surely understand the situation. *off to play the game*
Mad Poster
#54 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 7:40 PM
Well, I've got a disgusting amount of freetime coming up, so...

...world/lot building. (~^_^)~

DIVING BOARDS AND SEASONAL DECOR FOR EVERYBODY!

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 7:44 PM
Oh my... <3... I removed the appropriate mods and created a new game - Off to play with new features ... Got a feeling that i'm gonna have some fun with the blueprint mode <3

*keeps F5'ing Nraas-wikia in case Twallan decides that he has some freetime to burn off... *
Field Researcher
#56 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 7:45 PM
I'm still confused as to what the "Construction" option in the "Change Season" menu of the marker does. I assume that it has something to do with transitioning from one season to another.
Theorist
#57 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
Twallan's last State of the Mod was 10/20. He was off to play some other game and said he'd see us on the flip side. I sure hope the flipside is soon...

Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Really EA ? REALLY ?

Oy.

I think Twallan just got to the flipside. I'm with you Lewisb, wait for Twallan because I can't live without his NoCD mod since my GEN disc is broken and I was not interested in playing all that much lately since I've been watching all these Season's trailers and spoilers. Going in the game just seems dull but this patch just perked me up a bit.

~~waits for Twallan's updates~~

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#58 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 7:54 PM
Blueprint mode: Can we build more than one story with it? Can it be used in basements?
Mad Poster
#59 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
I think Twallan just got to the flipside. I'm with you Lewisb, wait for Twallan because I can't live without his NoCD mod since my GEN disc is broken and I was not interested in playing all that much lately since I've been watching all these Season's trailers and spoilers. Going in the game just seems dull but this patch just perked me up a bit.

~~waits for Twallan's updates~~

The NoCD mod works fine with the new patch, it's never been patch dependent (at least, so far). But am eagerly awaiting the rest of the Twallan mod updates... <3

Have just patched and love being able to swim in the sea, and in ponds and lakes too - have been wanting to do that for a long time!
Test Subject
#60 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 7:57 PM
All I have is the decensor in my game, no other mods. So it's annoying that I can't play the game until I patch up to 1.42. It's stuck on some mp3 song that was there in game already. I guess I will have to wait until the superpatch gets updated. When I had to go to 1.38, I had to use the superpatch because the game hiccupped and wouldn't update either. My Sims 3 is all Origin which is already on the latest version, 9, so I don't get why the hiccups. Of course I'm sure it's no coincidence that I pre-ordered Seasons yesterday. With that Hurricane Sandy storm here, I was looking forward to having a lazy day just playing my Sims....no such luck at the moment.

And as far as game playing being dull -- since Supernatural, I think the game went a whole other level and got a heck of a lot more interesting. You can only age up families and play with pets for long. Because of Supernatural, I'm taking a chance with Seasons, although swimming in the sea is not my end all be all reason for living for the game, but that's just me I guess.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 7:57 PM Last edited by shante090 : 29th Oct 2012 at 8:08 PM.
Not sure if that's been already mentioned but I've just discovered that we now have two types of "alien eyes" sliders in CAS. ^.^

EDIT: And there are alien ears as well!
Retired
retired moderator
#62 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 8:13 PM
Completely bald heads are also in the patch.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Alchemist
#63 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 8:19 PM
So, uneven relationships... possible now?

That's what I'm wondering. I assume not possible, but, does anyone know?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#64 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 8:19 PM
They have at least updated the .sgr files this round.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...152#post3995152
Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Note_1.42#Actual_changeswiki

Curious though on why the CAW version has gone backward? What did they rollback? Game Help:Patch_Tablewiki
My CAW WIPs do all load just fine; the hold-ups to my completing the Store World fixes are still there, though.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 8:26 PM
I see 3 new roofs. O_O

Mad Poster
#66 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 8:29 PM
Everyone Get's A Fog Emitter! (~^_^)~

And we can buy mailboxes now!

EA... mercy...

Lab Assistant
#67 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 8:30 PM
Either pillowfighting has become the best thing since grilled cheese - or we have something that the patch has broken... CC-free game... My sim continues to roll the want to pillowfight (i've canceled 7-8 wishes for pillowfighting within the last few minutes)
Alchemist
#68 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ingefaer
Either pillowfighting has become the best thing since grilled cheese - or we have something that the patch has broken... CC-free game... My sim continues to roll the want to pillowfight (i've canceled 7-8 wishes for pillowfighting within the last few minutes)

They're just excited about the patch.
Forum Resident
#69 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 8:34 PM
I've noticed that with the latest patch. If your Sim's fun meter dips lower than halfway even by the smallest bit, they'll have a wish to pillow fight. I don't know why they can't wish to participate in other fun activities, just pillow fight. You can right-click it as many times as you want, it will keep coming back.

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ingefaer

I've had that happen in my game, on patch 1.39. I'm still fairly sure it's a glitch in the wish system. The sim rerolled the same "Pillow Fight With a Sim" wish immediately after I cancelled it, for about 5-10 times. At one point my sim's "wish queue" even had two identical Pillow Fight wishes which could both be locked. It obviously shouldn't work that way... and apparently they have yet to fix it.

I only experienced the glitch 2-3 times though, and the last time was a while ago, so it seems to be quite uncommon.
Quote:
I've noticed that with the latest patch. If your Sim's fun meter dips lower than halfway even by the smallest bit, they'll have a wish to pillow fight. I don't know why they can't wish to participate in other fun activities, just pillow fight. You can right-click it as many times as you want, it will keep coming back.

EDIT: Yeah, initially I thought so too, but then it happened with my sim at work with a moodmeter filled closed to the LTH top section. The first two times were during lower moodmeters, though.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 8:47 PM
More Terrain Paint and patterns!

There just so much new stuff!

Mad Poster
#72 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 8:59 PM
No more Matrix, no more! I can't take it... I will definitely go and install this patch and be miserable until things get settled (mods that is). Ugh.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 8:59 PM
Blueprint mode: Can we build more than one story with it? Can it be used in basements?

Yep, you can build more than one story, and you can also make the room go over the edge a bit like you usually would when building manually. You can also put blueprints in basements that have already been created by the basement tool, so just create a large space and then delete the space you don't need once you place the rooms you want.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 8:59 PM
Well, there's nothing else anyway.

Not that I see, anyway.

15 new patterns (that I listed from before, nothing new).

Some woods, a lot of abstract, some geometric + stone.

Mad Poster
#75 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 9:06 PM
There are new cheats. D:
-Allows a toddler (an older I assume) to age up into an NPC
-Allows build/buy to remain constant (this one might be old, I haven't seen the cheat menu in a while)

*fanning the flames*

Page 3 of 14