Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Locked thread | Replies: 23017 (Who?), Viewed: 1211297 times.
Page 664 of 920
Field Researcher
#16576 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:34 PM
^ Things change.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#16577 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne
No one is impugning your right to drink beer and watch football, it's fine. And don't worry, I'm sure that 'bulge' slider will get modded in very soon.

While they might feel free to yank on their self-sim's 'bulge' to enhance it, I doubt any bro's would ever want to touch any other male sim that way. "Ewww, gross! u gay man?"
Field Researcher
#16578 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candacis
If TS4 is really as bad as we fear, yes, then it might not get more than 1 expansion and people will catch up prettly quickly how limiting the game is.
But my guess is, that the game will not be THAT bad. Just mediocre, just missing a lot. It will probably not get a 9, but a 7.5 or 8 from IGN? Surely, EA has money for that. Those games are hard to rate anyway. ...

There's also the chance that people who review the game won't be very familiar with the series. So they won't really know what they're missing from earlier installments, and they'll just conclude, "eh this is pretty fun" without understanding the level of complexity older players were hoping for. Ignorance is a powerful force.
Top Secret Researcher
#16579 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:57 PM
I'm starting to view The Sims 4 as a standalone from TS1, 2, and 3. It's not adequate enough to be a sequel but not strong enough to be an entirely new game.

Think of it as a console spin-off. A suburban, watered down version of The Urbz. It's easier on your sanity.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16580 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinn2
While they might feel free to yank on their self-sim's 'bulge' to enhance it, I doubt any bro's would ever want to touch any other male sim that way. "Ewww, gross! u gay man?"

... I want bulge-yanking! I would laugh my ass off playing with TS4 if I could actually change the, ahem, interesting attributes of my sim.

But, then, I got WAY too much amusement out of penis sliders plus a 5x slider mod in TS3. Could make it bigger than my male sim's whole torso. Hi-larious.

My brand of humour is the highest of brow.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#16581 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGarden
Am I the only one who thinks the game is starting to look fun?!

It looks fun but you know what else I noticed? It doesn't look like anything we can't already do (or do better in some cases) in the other Sims games.
Lab Assistant
#16582 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:06 PM
Confirmed:

The objects size cheat won't be in the base game. Graham just confirmed it on twitter. It was just a developer thing.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/nfj012

>.< le sigh.
Mad Poster
#16583 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:07 PM
I...I just...why!?
Scholar
#16584 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HystericalParoxysm
My brand of humour is the highest of brow.

This reminds me - We need a "Lowbrow" trait. A stronger version of "Can't Stand Art". Opposite of "Snob" and "Art Lover". (Or should "Bro" incorporate "Lowbrow"?)

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
#16585 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:10 PM
Clearly they are addicted to pulling features. It must be like crack to them by now.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Alchemist
#16586 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeywell
I'm not going to disagree with you but no, it's not looking fun at all to me. Maybe I missed it though -- what's catching your attention? I'd much rather be in the omg-so-excited camp rather than omg-wtf-did-you-do one.

I still think EA is a bad company and that the game sure is rushed, but it still looks a bit fun to me, first of all: I had a great time playing the demo, because I just found it very satisfying to play around with the sim and how I could change it in all ways.
I have also been watching some gameplay videos and been reading some blogs and a lot of them says that they had really much fun playing it. I also read this blog post, look at the pictures and you don't see that bloom that has been disturbing a lot of people.

http://thesimsresource.com/news/vie...tsr/post/26804/

Look at the mother playing with her child, it warms my heart a bit. When I played the demo I turned all the graphical options up to extreme/the best and I really enjoyed the graphics.
Test Subject
#16587 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:14 PM
I know this is giving EA way too much credit, but maybe the Woohoo video was so lackluster because the participating Sims don't have good chemistry? Maybe some Sims are really bad/ inexperienced at Woohoo, or just aren't compatible with every Sim. I'm sure I'm wrong but it would be cool if a system like that were in place.
Mad Poster
#16588 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:15 PM
I saw some things that would annoy me while watching part of the gameplay trailer put up by EnglishSimmer yesterday. I don't like all the effort she seemed to need to put into getting the female kid to stop having a fit over the new sibling. I didn't like the fact that there are interactions that need to be "unlocked" by certain emotions. I didn't like what I saw of the UI.

So to me it looks like it would annoy me no end, and doesn't really add anything that I want.
Scholar
#16589 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orilon
I didn't like the fact that there are interactions that need to be "unlocked" by certain emotions.

So the TS3 registered lamps can push emotions? Much more incentive to buy the old game for those who haven't. And play that instead, to be honest.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Scholar
#16590 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy90
Confirmed:

The objects size cheat won't be in the base game. Graham just confirmed it on twitter. It was just a developer thing.

>.< le sigh.

Grrr, I'm so annoyed with this stupid company - remove this, remove that, cut out this, cut out that, 'oh, this was just a developer feature we thought you'd like to play with, but we've taken it away now....' - why the hell did you leave it in then?! Don't leave stuff in for the special ones to play around with - who then report back - but then you decide to pull it out of the game anyway, AFTER we've been told about it? There will be next to nothing to play with, by the time EA are done ripping out anything even remotely fun about this game....

I have a new word to describe EA - waste.
Waste of development, waste of time, waste of money, waste of resources, waste of man hours, waste of 5 years, waste, waste, waste!!

*stomps off, sulks in corner*

...Titanium white...
Test Subject
#16591 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:21 PM
Aaaand now they pull the only "New" feature in the game. I was actually intrigued about re-sizing objects. Meh.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16592 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennieroo
I know this is giving EA way too much credit, but maybe the Woohoo video was so lackluster because the participating Sims don't have good chemistry? Maybe some Sims are really bad/ inexperienced at Woohoo, or just aren't compatible with every Sim. I'm sure I'm wrong but it would be cool if a system like that were in place.

Woohoo as a skill (gaining experience, getting better at it) was supposed to be part of the game, but was pulled. I haven't heard anything about any chemistry system, and afaik there's no zodiac signs/turn-ons/turn-offs so I don't think it's a matter of compatibility. I think it's just that crappy.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#16593 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HystericalParoxysm
Woohoo as a skill (gaining experience, getting better at it) was supposed to be part of the game, but was pulled. I haven't heard anything about any chemistry system, and afaik there's no zodiac signs/turn-ons/turn-offs so I don't think it's a matter of compatibility. I think it's just that crappy.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Woohoo skill allowed different animations for different "levels" of Woohoo, and when they got rid of the skill they just left the animation for "bad" Woohoo? Because knowing EA, that's what happened.
Mad Poster
#16594 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:27 PM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 14th Aug 2014 at 10:49 PM.
Maybe they knew that certain people could use the size cheat as the basis of a height adjustment mod, and since they are going to sell it in an EP...can't have that.

Page 666...da evil.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16595 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:27 PM
Page 666 <shifty eyes>

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#16596 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candacis
If TS4 is really as bad as we fear, yes, then it might not get more than 1 expansion and people will catch up prettly quickly how limiting the game is.
But my guess is, that the game will not be THAT bad. Just mediocre, just missing a lot. It will probably not get a 9, but a 7.5 or 8 from IGN? Surely, EA has money for that. Those games are hard to rate anyway. And CAS and Build Mode actually look good in my opinion. The game will just passable enough that some will think, let's buy the next expansion, maybe then things will get better. Sad thing is, I hope that, too. Maybe a nice family expansion with toddlers, unchained babies and pre teens to turn things around... getting excited all over again, totally forgetting that I wanted that from the base game.

About the Rachybop videos, I know, it will rain disagrees, but I find the 'need to pee' walkstyle funny I also liked the cooking animation, freezer bunny guitar and that Mortimer sure laughs a lot in his sleep. What I didn't like: doors opening very abruptly, the little pauses between different animations, the light in the rooms. They are so dark.

At first I thought that "need to pee" walkstyle was for embarrassed sims. I might be wrong but in that gameplay video didn't the dictator sim pissed on his pants and walked away just like that after? http://youtu.be/uN2ue9y7_2M?t=18m40s
I think it looks the same...so are they using same walkstyle for both situations? Or was it caused by a scripted gameplay and dictator sim didn't acknowledge that he had already peed?
I don't think it's funny...but I kinda feel the same way you do.

------------
So,
http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/...ons-mood-auras/
I'm liking these things:
Quote:
An interesting note: You need a garbage can in your kitchen and it will get used much more regularly than in past games. When a Sim is told to clean up a plate with food left on it (spoiled or otherwise) before they take that plate to the sink, they walk over to the garbage can and scrape off all the food. Depending on how much food goes to waste, you will see the garbage can get full with relative frequency. You also don’t get a free outdoor garbage can and need to buy one to act as a final destination for trash. This is ultimately a good thing, though, as there are several styles to choose from, you can have more than one and they are fairly cheap.

Quote:
First off, painting as an activity has been nerfed a bit. Children cannot paint. Instead they get their own activity table where they draw pictures to practice their artistic skill (that can be wall-mounted like paintings). The act of painting does not generate fun anymore and you have to pay for art supplies every time you start a new painting. That said, you will still be able to sell your paintings for a profit when you finish them, even at low skill levels (with the profit margin getting higher as your painter goes up in skill). Your Sim also gets a positive moodlet when they finish a painting to make up for the lack of fun. The moodlet itself doesn’t help your fun meter, so you’ll have to find a way to entertain your Sim, just like writers have always had to do. That doesn’t mean painting is no longer worthwhile. Far from it! It’s actually become much more powerful.

Quote:
However, once your artist has a few skill points under their belt, the fun begins. If your artist is in a specific emotion, they gain the ability, temporarily, to paint a painting of that emotion. If they are feeling sad, they can make a sad painting. If they are feeling inspired, they can make an inspired painting. These paintings, once completed, can have an emotional aura that can be toggled on! Thus, even without career reward objects, you can make paintings for a room to promote specific emotions. (Or just look nice if you decide to keep the aura off). The only catch is that your sim has to BE in that emotion to paint a painting with that emotion. This can be trickier with some emotions than others, but certainly not impossible.

I'm upset about this one:
Quote:
However there is ONE item that did sting for me. As of the version we played at Creators Camp…there are no portraits and there are no still life paintings. THAT one struck a cord. Portraits were actually one of the major inspirations for the Legacy Challenge in the first place when I created it back in the Sims 2. The ability to memorialize your family’s ancestors while they were in their prime and remember them long after they’ve been dead was a hallmark of the Legacy Challenge…and it is missing.

Not because of Legacy Challenge, it's just that I need these features for my sim artistic purposes. Luckily he says that, "There is a silver lining to this black cloud, however." I hope so.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Test Subject
#16597 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:28 PM
Crinrict just confirmed no family tree in TS4.. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...omment_12394700
Test Subject
#16598 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy90
Confirmed:
>.< le sigh.

NOOOOOOOOO~ Seriously?... It just had to be the one thing that actually was new?
Same reaction to no family tree.
Field Researcher
#16599 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:32 PM
Object resizing is cut, and now no family trees.

The gift that keeps on giving!

"Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. When you do, pass it on to the future".
Lab Assistant
#16600 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunkyDory
Crinrict just confirmed no family tree in TS4.. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...omment_12394700

What a surprise.. not. >.<

This game is obviously not about generations and families, this game is just to 'woohoo' around with other sims and party like a 'bro'.
ElAziness.
Locked thread
Page 664 of 920