Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#16601 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rudy90
Confirmed:

The objects size cheat won't be in the base game. Graham just confirmed it on twitter. It was just a developer thing.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/nfj012

>.< le sigh.

That's not what he was saying. The person he responded to asked if resized objects can transfer to the gallery, which they can't -- hell, don't they reset when the lot's reloaded anyway?
Advertisement
Scholar
#16602 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HunkyDory
Crinrict just confirmed no family tree in TS4.. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...omment_12394700

*head spins 180 degrees, vomits pea green soup*

(...well, it is page 666...)

In all seriousness though, what the actual hell....?
I actually feel like crying - the disappointment and anger is that much....

...Titanium white...
Lab Assistant
#16603 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:34 PM
Honestly what does this game have? How frustrating. All we're told is the game has emotions, but it barely has them either.
Field Researcher
#16604 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:34 PM
Crinrict just confirmed no family tree in TS4.. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...omment_12394700

Ah, Sims 4. The game that keeps on giving the middle finger to family-oriented players.
Lab Assistant
#16605 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mishkabee
That's not what he was saying. The person he responded to asked if resized objects can transfer to the gallery, which they can't -- hell, don't they reset when the lot's reloaded anyway?

That was what he was saying.

The weird object resizing thing was a developer test that we left on because we thought people might have fun messing around with it. There's always the opportunity to turn it into a real feature in the future.

So, in other words: The yibbers got to test it out, but it's just a developers thing, so it won't be in the base game. Why did he say: 'There's always the opportunity to turn it into a real feature in the future.' if the cheat is in the game?
Test Subject
#16606 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:35 PM

Field Researcher
#16607 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:36 PM
Half of me is loving these constant cuts just to hear the excuses.

"Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. When you do, pass it on to the future".
Instructor
#16608 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:36 PM Last edited by queziacristina : 14th Aug 2014 at 11:22 PM.
Wait, didn't someone(SimSupply James, maybe?) say that the resizing thing wasn't working after they reload the lot or something(that objects reset back to original size)? Makes sense that it won't be in the game 'til they manage to make it work properly and patch it back. About family tree, can this be brought back by patches?(eta: this is a question)

Let's just agree to disagree.
Field Researcher
#16609 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:36 PM
That was what he was saying.

The weird object resizing thing was a developer test that we left on because we thought people might have fun messing around with it. There's always the opportunity to turn it into a real feature in the future.

So, in other words: The yibbers got to test it out, but it's just a developers thing, so it won't be in the base game. Why did he say: 'There's always the opportunity to turn it into a real feature in the future.' if the cheat is in the game?

"We left it on because we thought people might have fun messing around with it" in no way says it was removed. And it was never a feature -- it's a cheat. He's saying that in the future, they might make it so that a) the size changes stick and b) you can upload houses with resized objects to the gallery.
Top Secret Researcher
#16610 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:40 PM
Maybe they saw our enthusiasm for the cheat and withheld it to sell it later.

No words for family trees. Just...no words.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Lab Assistant
#16611 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:41 PM
"We left it on because we thought people might have fun messing around with it" in no way says it was removed. And it was never a feature -- it's a cheat. He's saying that in the future, they might make it so that a) the size changes stick and b) you can upload houses with resized objects to the gallery.

Well let's assume you're right.

But no, I don't expect anything anymore.. EA is capable of enough shit. They already showed us plenty in the past.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16612 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:41 PM
No family tree?

Oh dear, oh dear.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#16613 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:42 PM
Figures the family tree announcement is on page 666. Thanks Sims Team. The demo was actually making me want the game a little but then you went and reminded me that the family style play that was the main focus of Sims 1 and perfected in Sims 2, is no longer a thing. Gotta love when the point of your game is overshadowed by Bros and non-stop partying young adults.
Field Researcher
#16614 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:43 PM
Well let's assume you're right.

But no, I don't expect anything anymore.. EA is capable of enough shit. They already showed us plenty in the past.

Maybe this will make you feel better?

It's confirmed to be Trevor Lindsey.
Lab Assistant
#16615 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:44 PM
The most retarded thing is: (and I really hope Graham is reading this.)

Is that they are NOT open about this game at all to their fans.

They are still ignoring ALL the tweet questions about stuff what's not in the game. They just don't give a damn to tell us the bad news.
Instead they are just ignoring it.

Yeah this is how serious EA is taking their fans. The game is out in a few weeks, and still we don't get straight answers from the developers. It's beyond stupidity.
Test Subject
#16616 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:45 PM
Like seriously, what's left for us family players? Not everyone wants to play 'Werid™ bros partying all night and laughing to death.'
Lab Assistant
#16617 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:46 PM

Takes a big sack of salt: Cars were confirmed, all the life stages were confirmed, and what has not been confirmed so far in the past?

But 'Hey, that was a year ago! THINGS CHANGE!'
Field Researcher
#16618 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:46 PM
Like seriously, what's left for us family players? Not everyone wants to play 'Werid™ bros partying all night and laughing to death.'

You can clone your sim some parents in CAS! Does that count?

No, of course it doesn't.
Lab Assistant
#16619 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:51 PM
This game is going to blow. I apologize for any excited people I offended with that statement, but after hearing about dumped family trees and the one good looking cheat, I can't help it.
Blow.
B.L.O.W.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry. What good is any of it if I can't make my TS4 sims emote all over each other on the giant sofa that is strategically placed on their front lawn? What is even happening anymore?
Test Subject
#16620 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:51 PM
Confirmed:

The objects size cheat won't be in the base game. Graham just confirmed it on twitter. It was just a developer thing.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/nfj012

>.< le sigh.

"There's always the opportunity to turn it into a real feature in the future."
Hmmm... http://saintsrow.wikia.com/Invincible_Pack
Instructor
#16621 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:51 PM

Maybe they could restrict the cheat to only decor items.

You can clone your sim some parents in CAS! Does that count?

No, of course it doesn't.

I think crinrict said there are still family relationships but not a family tree.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Lab Assistant
#16622 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:54 PM
*Twitches* I am tired and emotional right now that post by Trevor Lindsey seems so patronising. Like, "I am the programmer here kids, let me explain what constraint means" and I can't help but think it's indicative of the target audience EA were appealing to with TS4. All the same... Kids shouldn't be spoken down to or patronised. You can make fully-fleshed out, inspiring things for children and in fact you should. So even if TS4 must be a kid's game, it could still be fantastic if anyone cared.
Field Researcher
#16623 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by queziacristina
Maybe they could restrict the cheat to only decor items.

Yeah, I'd be suprised if everything was resizable when/if they patched it in as a full-blown feature. Though it'd be nice if they could find a way to scale down animations or something. Like the giant dollhouse.
Quote:
I think crinrict said there are still family relationships but not a family tree.

Oh yeah, definitely. But with all they've taken out, it just feels barebones to me. I guess they figured that without story progression, we don't need to track our families? Or (more likely) they're just holding it back to bundle into a Generations EP.
Lab Assistant
#16624 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:00 PM

Exactly. Nothing.

- Babies - Objects and magically appearing in a crib.
- Toddlers - OUT.
- Teens - Just as tall as adults and elders.
- Elders - Just adults with grey hair.
- Dead - No ghosts.
- No Family Tree

Oh yeah the generational aspect of this game is zero.

Thanks EA, well done, you took away my reason to play this game.

Oh wait: Children just jumping out of the crib after YOU decided to make them age..
Alchemist
#16625 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:01 PM
Why did they even remove that feauture that makes objects bigger? It's not like it's hurting the game or anything, gosh.
Locked thread
Page 665 of 920