Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 1:51 AM
I cant find the folder
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 1:58 AM
it says I cant open the file
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#103 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 2:02 AM
angelthatishonest - first of all, if you have more to add, use the EDIT button, do not post twice in a row with the same sort of problem.

Secondly - what you're saying isn't enough for anyone, even with our crystal balls to have any idea what your problem is. You need to describe exactly exactly what you were doing, exactly where you're looking, maybe even take a screenshot. In all likihood if you read the directions very carefully you will find the little thing you're missing that is causing these problems.

You might also go and try a beginning GIMP tutorial, if you're having problems figuring out how to load or save files. Meaning a generic 'learn how to use gimp' from someplace on the web, and then come back here to learn about the sims part.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#104 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 6:27 PM
I was fiddling around trying to do Step # 12 or something trying to find how to get the bars to get the color I wanted, and I removed the box on the bottom of the floating tool bar!!! Please help me I really want to make my own clothes and Now I don't have Half of my tool bar. The space is there, but there is nothing there and I can't get anything in! I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it didn't work! Please help me if you can. Thanks, Kitty
#105 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 2:11 AM
A Little Problem...
Um... Excuse me if I sound confused, but there's one basic, very important thing I don't get... What is "Bodyshop" and where can I find it?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#106 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 8:48 AM
Kittycataussie --- I used GOOGLE

http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/faqs.php#27

My_Chemical_Romance_666 - bodyshop comes with your game. It is found in the program folder with your most recent ep/stuff pack

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rinis
Hi,when saving it says cannot save because bmp can't handle transparency and when I choose ignore it says cannot save image with alpha channel,even when I already exported the file.How?

You half to merge the layers together for it to work.
Test Subject
#108 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 9:59 AM Last edited by christelia : 11th Apr 2007 at 10:13 AM.
this tuto looks great !
Test Subject
#109 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 11:36 AM
I have a question, it might be rather stupid, but here I go...

[stupidquestion] I just made a handful of hair and clothing recolors, and I've finished importing them. They work in my game, but where do I find the .package files? I want to send my shirt designs to my friend and I can't seem to find them >_>;;; [/stupidquestion]

Thanks heaps for making this tutorial!

Edit: AHAHA. LOL okay, nevermind! >_>;; I found it in the SavedSims folder. Maybe you should put that in the tutorial so that no one else gets confused like me XDD

Left a mark where your ring used to be
Hurts so much to hear you say words that were once meant for me ...
Test Subject
#110 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 1:01 PM
What a awsomw tut! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! THANKS! I can't belive i did it! ^^ =) And thanks for giving the link for Gimp. But: How to get the dress? I have very... "Ewww" clothes. =( x.x Hope ya can help. =S

Quote:
Hello everyone! Don't quote! x)
Test Subject
#111 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 5:16 PM
Just read Your Tutorial, (Recoloring) Vashti71 And I must Say You're Perfect teacher! I'm Not Much of a creator, In fact I have nothing to share, But your tut was step by step, And Right on point. I would never create anything if it wasn't for your tut. I look forward to reading everything else you have on recoloring/skinning.
Test Subject
#112 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 9:54 PM
OK I think I got it, it'll just b e in its own window. Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#113 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 1:04 PM
Hi,
your tutorial is really great, but i have a tiny problem. As mentioned above i get the saving error-- it says "... wait I just realised what i did. Emphasise the name of the file that needs to be opened, i accidentally did the recolour in "body~stdMatNormalMapTextureName.bmp" instead of "body~stdMatBaseNormalTexture Name.bmp" VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!! for all others having the transperency roblem THIS IS THE SOLUTION! .. sorry im very excited... too much sugar. anyhos, great tute and I shall become a recolouring geek now, thanks again!

ISY

...a philosophiser...

"Nobody knows the truffles I've seen." - Anonymous
Test Subject
#114 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 1:12 PM
BMP transparency
HI again,
sorry it still happens in the other layer this is the message --

"Your image should be exported before it can be saved as a BMP for the following reasons:

BMP can't handle transparency

Flatten image

The export conversion won't modify your original image.

Help Ignore cancel export "

whats happening????? (the ones in bold are the options) HELP?!

...a philosophiser...

"Nobody knows the truffles I've seen." - Anonymous
Test Subject
#115 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 5:42 AM
Thank you for the tutorial. I have been itching to start learning to recolor and design clothing for my sims. This has given me a good start towards that goal.
Test Subject
#116 Old 3rd May 2007 at 6:26 AM
Default having issues
I'm getting a pop up that says:
Your image should be exported before it can be saved as BMP for the following reasons.

BMP can't handle transparency
Flatten Image

the export conversion won't modify your original image

What can i do???????
Test Subject
#117 Old 3rd May 2007 at 11:19 AM
Just go ahead and hit export. It'll work fine! I should know...I've been using GIMP since the beginning.

So long...and thanks for all the fish. - Douglas Adams, 1952-2001
Test Subject
#118 Old 6th May 2007 at 4:25 AM
Nice tutorial my Dress came out good. Thank you
Test Subject
#119 Old 25th May 2007 at 5:15 PM
YAY!I just cant believe it! the ever-n00bish me has done a recolour!^^ thx so much for the great tutorial! :D
Test Subject
#120 Old 30th May 2007 at 4:55 AM
Thanks for the great tutorials, I didn't have a single clue on how to use bodyshop and now I feel like a pro. Thanks again!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#121 Old 30th May 2007 at 9:03 AM
well hazeleyedgrl, this is just the beginning. There's lots more to learn. Find the next tutorial.

Test Subject
#122 Old 30th May 2007 at 2:33 PM
I need help, I tried to save mine and it shows it can't save because of transperacy. I clicked on export and read everybody's answer for other people that had this question. I really would like help.Thanks
Test Subject
#123 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 10:33 PM
where?
where is the sims 2 body shop?
did it come with the sims2 game or do i have to download that seperatly.
or is it a whole other program that i need to buy?
please
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#124 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 11:32 PM
x3xromance bodyshop comes with your game. Look in your programs area.

Test Subject
#125 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 11:29 PM
I tried to save my recolored dress and it told me that my projects should be exported before it can be saved as BMP because it can't handle the transparency - Flatten Image.

HELP! What should I do?
Page 5 of 12