Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 10:17 AM Last edited by justJones : 7th Feb 2014 at 4:14 PM.
Default Caring for the Crazy
This is my first challenge so bare with me if it's not great or i don't have all the details worked out...suggestions would be appreciated. Also if I'm somehow copying someone or if this is very similar to someone else's, then I'm very sorry that's not my intention.

Backstory:
You're a nurse that's going to be caring for a group of crazy people. You're sent to a creepy building surrounded by tall menacing trees that block out the sun light. You come upon the asylum that looks like it should be falling apart, on the outside at least. This is where you're going to be feeding, befriending and curing the patients you take care of.

To start off, create 8 YA or Adult sims. The first one will be the nurse who will be taking care of the 7 other asylum patients. Since she (or he if you want a male nurse) will be taking care of the sims, give her the traits that will help with that such as Natural Cook, Handy, Good, or similar traits that you think a nurse would have. Also try to dress her as a traditional nurse with a white dress ect.
Next are the 7 crazy patients, they are supposed to be crazy so each one must have these two traits:
- Absent minded
- Insane
You must choose 2 more traits out of the list below for each of the 7 sims:
- Hot-headed
- Inappropriate
- Kleptomaniac
- Loner
- Loser
- Mean spirited
- Neurotic
- Over emotional
- Socially awkward
- Coward
- Clumsy
- Brooding
- Unstable
You can then choose whatever you want for the final trait. You can also make them look however you want but be sure to have different genders (not all girls or not all boys).

After creating your sims move them into an empty lot, make sure it’s a big lot as you’ll be building a creepy old asylum for your sims to live in (or place a building on the lot if you don’t like building houses). You can use whatever cheats you like for money.
Build a fence around the perimeter of the asylum and be sure to lock the gate so that no one can enter or leave the place, not even the nurse.
Make sure the autonomy is set to high, as you’ll only be controlling the nurse and none of the other sims.
As the nurse, you’ll be cooking, cleaning and calming down patients who have gotten out of control.

Goal:
Befriend all of the patients in the asylum
- your relationship with each patient must be all the way green
Cure the patients
- before you can cure the patients the nurse must know all of their traits, once she knows a patients traits you can then use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat to change one trait for one sim every day until they no longer have any crazy traits left, once they are cured move them out of the asylum

The challenge is over once you have cured all of the patients.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 2:28 PM
Although it does sound a lot like the Asylum challenge, it does have a couple different things to it, and I find it rather interesting. Maybe I'll give it a shot when I've finished my legacy.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mal0831
You must choose 2 more traits out of the list below for each of the 7 sims:
- Hot-headed
- Inappropriate
- Kleptomaniac
- Loner
- Loser
- Mean spirited
- Neurotic
- Over emotional
- Socially awkward
- Coward
- Clumsy
- Brooding

Unstable would be a good addition to this list for those who own Into the Future.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Unstable would be a good addition to this list for those who own Into the Future.

oh i don't have that expansion yet so i didn't know that Unstable was an added trait...but yes it would be a good one to add, thanks
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 6:27 PM
I love the unstable trait. They get upset and have to breath into a paper bag. If you forget to have them do it, then eventually they go from being out of sorts to being unstable and a trait other than unstable will change to something random. If you don't take them to the hospital to stabilize them in 24 hours the new trait becomes permanent. I have at least one character with the unstable trait. No one is talking to themselves or their hands but it still has that hint of an unbalanced mind.

I actually like this challenge better than the original Asylum challenge where the crazy people were allowed to roam the grounds and you couldn't control them at all. Of course created before we got the ability to lock gates and doors to individual people. With this challenge, you could put people in their own rooms and lock them in bringing them out only when its time to eat, and for therapy. During therapy they can be given books, or skill items they can use while locked in their rooms or out and about with the rest to help keep the peace.
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 3:30 PM
I'm in love with this challenge. It's perfect! Once I'm finished with Runaway Teen and Zombie Apocalypse...and like fifty others... Bah. Whatever, I'll start doing it now! ^-^
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 7:20 PM
I might try this challenge, it sounds interesting! I'm in the middle of two 100 Baby challenges and have a few others in mind that I want to start...sigh, guess I'll just have to add this my ever-growing list.