Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 9:39 PM
Default why has this website changed?
i want an explaination as to why this site changed, it was already hard to find the community (i use non-sims discussion mostly) and the downloads one's like hairstyles and cc's,

i found both of it eventually, but i don't understand why this site has changed

i don't try to be rude or something but i want an explainations so i hope you can explain it to me but also the others aswell so we can get the answers
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 11:54 PM
Sorry to hear you're struggling with the change of layout, but I believe the new set up is to make it easy to access the relevant sections for each sims game, as when people are looking for something it is usually tied to a specific game. If not, then you'll be able to find what you need under Community or Site.

If after a while you are still finding it difficult to navigate, feel free to give feedback.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
Sorry to hear you're struggling with the change of layout, but I believe the new set up is to make it easy to access the relevant sections for each sims game, as when people are looking for something it is usually tied to a specific game. If not, then you'll be able to find what you need under Community or Site.

If after a while you are still finding it difficult to navigate, feel free to give feedback.

Mmmmm i see, that makes sense
and i'll let you know when i'm still struggling with it after a while
Instructor
#4 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 12:43 AM
It's actually much LESS easy to find what you're looking for than it was.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 9:04 AM
I’ve been one of the beta testers for the navbar, and indeed the first (few) days you’ll find yourself clicking on one thing that isn’t actually there, but really, the moment you have found yourself having used it for 2-3 days, you’ll actually notice how much easier it is. So I’d really advice to give it time because indeed a lot of thought and care has gone into it to make it easier for members as well as guests.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 1:11 PM
where are the gameplay mods? there is no link to them,you can download normal cc and sims and houses ectray but the gmae-mods link disapeared.

If it ain`t Dutch it ain`t much
keep your friends close but your enemies closer
Virtual gardener
#7 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 1:24 PM Last edited by Lyralei : 9th Aug 2019 at 1:37 PM. Reason: adding image to make it easier to understand
Hi larsv!

You mean specifically in the navbar? Or just the download page?

If it's the download page, It's probably better to make a new thread including a picture where it used to be so we can help you out a little better

If you do mean the navbar though, currently you just click on sims2/3/4 > Downloads and from there you can find the gameplay mods I left a picture as well:

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 2:32 PM
yes i did mean the navigation bar but for the sims 4 there is no Game mods tab

If it ain`t Dutch it ain`t much
keep your friends close but your enemies closer
Virtual gardener
#9 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 2:48 PM
That's because we removed all the download categories in the navbar since it cluttered things a lot and most people actually had troubles finding specific sections on the site when also using the site due to the fact that it had so much in it.

So to make that easier and less cluttered we decided to remove all the download categories that used to be in the navbar, and just have it lead to the general Download page (or featured/picked) so that you can select the category from there So for now on it means that you'd have to go from Sims 4 > downloads and then select the "Game mods" section on the download page itself
Instructor
#10 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 2:24 AM
Honestly don't like the change. Makes it much more cumbersome to find things I care about.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#11 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 11:05 AM
i Suggest just using the new navbar for a few days, and you’ll be able to find things much easier. All of the people testing it found it easier to generally find the categories and sections they wanted fairly quickly, rather than be weighed down with far too many options and far too many places to go. Most people, as mentioned, browse the site for a specific game, so it makes more sense to have menus targeted towards those games, and for the other sections of he site, rather than have one giant mess of links.

It’s always hard to adjust to change, but I believe this is a good one and will help people find things easier/

Thread locked.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Locked thread