Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2020 at 3:08 PM
Default Clone the "Very Mysterious Shelving bookcase" ?
Hi everyone !

I'm trying to clone the Very Mysterious Shelving bookcase from TS2 Appartment Life, because I'd like to change the mesh so that only the "secret book" is visible.
I had no problem for that, but the issue is that in the game I don't have the interaction to use the secret door.
The "Read.../Mysteriously mysterious mystery novel" is not showing up... After checking in SimPE, it is indeed not there, anywhere. How come ?
Did I do something wrong when I cloned it ? I tried to tick different options in SimPE's cloning window, but each time it wouldn't come with the secret door function...
Could anyone help me on this ?

Thank you !
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th May 2020 at 3:52 PM
The bookcase uses pie menu 3 from the bookcase semi-globals, the test for 'Read Book.../Mysteriously Mysterious Mystery Novel' includes a test for the lead tile GUID (0x54C1CB07) so it won't be available to any other bookcase, custom nor default. To enable it you'd have to edit the semi-global op-code named 'Interaction - Secret Door - TEST' and add another line to include the GUID of your custom bookcase lead tile.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2020 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
The bookcase uses pie menu 3 from the bookcase semi-globals, the test for 'Read Book.../Mysteriously Mysterious Mystery Novel' includes a test for the lead tile GUID (0x54C1CB07) so it won't be available to any other bookcase, custom nor default. To enable it you'd have to edit the semi-global op-code named 'Interaction - Secret Door - TEST' and add another line to include the GUID of your custom bookcase lead tile.

Oh wow thanks for your answer ! But omg... I've never been this far in modding with SimPE... If I add a new line in the 'Interaction - Secret Door - TEST' what values should I put in it ? Shouldn't I just modify the third line "Test Object Type" to put my lead tile GUID instead ?