Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 2:28 PM
Sim cannot swim in the ocean anymore
Hi, yesterday I re-installed Sims 4 with the newest expansion pack and loaded back all my save files. All is good and well, I have my played sim who lives in Sulani, but when I tell her to swim in the ocean she just waves that she cannot do it as if something was in the way.
I thought maybe the lot has some bugs, so I went to a public beach which is game original and tried to swim there, but no success.
Anyone has a similar issue? I would really appreciate your help!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 12:26 PM
I have no idea what the bug is or whether a fix is, but the same applies to my game.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 11:31 AM
Follow up: With the newest patch (December 3 I think?). Make sure to remove the Swim Laps mod if you have it, since it conflicts and will cause the same issue.
One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 12:17 AM
I have the opposite. My sims won’t use a pool but can swim when they go to the beach. I don’t have any swim mods, and I’m up to date at 1.69. Another bug to add to the never ending list.
Scholar
#5 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 6:33 AM
When encountering bugs make sure to always test without mods after clearing cache (without saving while/after testing),
if you then still experience the bug search for it on this list:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...9732085#M161557
and if you can't find it then open a new bug report and hope for the best.
Instructor
#6 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 1:52 PM
Yes, always test in a game completely without mods and CC, no matter how unrelated you think your mods and CC are. If you don't have the problem in a clean game, then SOMETHING in your game is the problem and you can 50/50 for it.