Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Toddlers Can Use Stairs

by lizcandor Posted 27th Apr 2021 at 8:22 PM - Updated 4th Jul 2021 at 2:43 AM by lizcandor

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 44 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 9:45 PM
Can you please make a version that is compatible with Twoftmama's Route Fix mod too? Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 11:51 PM
How spectacular is this? I think you're a genius, yeah! Thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#28 Old 1st May 2021 at 12:40 AM
No FRICKEN WAY!!!! This is amazing!!!! Thank you. Downloading NOW!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 1st May 2021 at 11:38 AM
Cool!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 1st May 2021 at 11:30 PM
It's such a wonderful thing, thank you for making this mod and sharing. Another little dream coming true.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 2nd May 2021 at 3:43 AM
Yay!! Now I can have the nursery upstairs and not worry about toddlers being stuck at the top at the stairs when they need to be picked up! Thank you
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#32 Old 2nd May 2021 at 9:59 PM
It doesn't work with Nrass NoCD. The game asks for the CD if I keep it.
But wonderful mod anyways.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 3rd May 2021 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
It doesn't work with Nrass NoCD. The game asks for the CD if I keep it.
But wonderful mod anyways.

Oh, how strange. I'll update the compatibility section to note that, thanks for letting me know!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 4th May 2021 at 5:43 AM
Default Warning !
lizcandorToddlerIndependence_NRaasGoHereVersion is no compatible with ShimrodsDoTheLocomotionPregnant+Elder150 mod

Note : Beware of ShimrodsDoTheLocomotionPregnant+Elder150 may to mess up with Ice Skating or Roller Animations , specially with "Spin with..." sims will no longer spin with other sims, (At least Spin lonely works) instead they are just standing, with no move, actually , "ShimrodsDoTheLocomotionPregnant+Elder150" cause that, but not your mod, just tested it
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 5th May 2021 at 5:56 AM
finally, i've been waiting for such a mod for ages thank you so much :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 7th May 2021 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Seems to conflict with Cherry92's Toddler Interactions mod.

Hmmm, got to fix that. Can you tell me anything about the conflict? I use that mod too and never noticed.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#38 Old 8th May 2021 at 12:27 PM
@lizcandor : I know this is strange but no worries this is not the first time I have this problems with mods published here. I am on version 1.67.
So I late my use for better times that's certain
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 8th May 2021 at 10:50 PM
? With both mods, your mod doesn't work at all. I put them all in the mods folder, so they're prioritized by file name. So I would imagine if I put your mod in override, then Cherry's won't work at all. It's one or the other. I'm guessing both modify the same thing somewhere?

Did you already try deleting and replacing the stairs you're trying to use? The two mods don't edit any of the same resources, and work fine together in my game, so that's the simplest test to do; if that doesn't fix it I'll need to ask you a few more questions to figure out what's up though!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 9th May 2021 at 2:33 PM Last edited by lizcandor : 9th May 2021 at 10:23 PM.
Huh! Well this is breaking in a way I’ve never run into before, that’s fun! (Not for you, sorry. I’m having a good time though.)

- I can click the stair with the toddler and "use stair"
- I cannot click anything on the 2nd floor, objects, toys, block table, or even the ground to "go here."

That’s helpful information, thank you - that “use stairs” is there means the object replacement *did* work, so that’s one possible failure point ruled out. It must be somewhere in the Stairs class that something is breaking, instead. And that the interactions aren’t unlocked for cross-level use is something I’d expect to see if the mod was getting an error before it could finish replacing them, for some reason.

I could whip up a version of the mod that has a debugging mode cheat real quick and put it in a Creator Feedback thread if you’d be willing to help me diagnose this? That way I’d be able to tell if the interaction replacements are failing, and how far into the stairs routing code your toddler is getting before hitting whatever error happens. Also fine if you want to just call this a wash and not bother with it though.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#44 Old 11th May 2021 at 8:40 PM
Good day and thanks for the mod! I have the same problem. When the baby is on the second floor, he cannot choose actions on the first.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#45 Old 12th May 2021 at 8:50 AM
I was PRAYING for a mod like this
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 15th May 2021 at 4:37 AM
@nitromon @Bast Sorry for the slow reply, I've been offline for the week - I've made a more debug-able version of the mod, and will open a thread for it shortly and @ both of you so you know where it is if you want to help me out! Appreciate you taking the time to do this, I'm not sure what's different about your systems but I hope we will find out. (Maybe it's the patch version? I have 1.69, but I don't think I've seen incompatibility between 1.69 and 1.67 before)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#47 Old 15th May 2021 at 2:40 PM
I'm looking forward to more of your work about toddler interactions. Sometimes I don't mind having helpless toddlers, but sometimes I want slightly older toddlers, or toddlers that become extremely competent like Sunny Baudelaire.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 19th May 2021 at 2:58 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I got so tired of toddlers sitting at the top of the stairs and mom making endless trips up and down unable to pick them up for some reason. This is such a great addition to game play. Your efforts are appreciated!
Test Subject
#49 Old 19th May 2021 at 7:12 AM
This is so great! I've wanted this since I dabbled in the sims 4. I did notice that my toddler can't click items on floors he isn't currently on, but once he takes the stairs to that floor, then he can. Just so you know!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 21st May 2021 at 2:52 PM
oh my gosh I LOVE YOU for this mod! :')
Page 2 of 4