Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#11926 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 12:01 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 24th Apr 2021 at 12:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I kinda wish there was a way to give sims "eternal fears", to put it bluntly

When a family member dies, sims only go into red aspiration if they had a fear for it, which at least to me is pretty rare, and without that it's like the death didn't even happen. I usually cheat everyone affected into red aspiration because of this, and with a mod to bring down their mood because of the aspiration, it plays like a small grieving period of sorts. Same thing with demotions and cheating, rare fears, no repercussions when they happen otherwise.

I have the cheat for it, but I kinda wish it became automatic. If that makes sense.

I get your point, even though the sims cry for a couple of days, if it wasn't a fear, or it coincides that they had the platinum aspiration, it doesn't seem like such a big drama. The death of a loved one should be. (I also falsify his aspiration level if I see that the sim is not sad enough)

Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
How about a mod that allows sims to jump in and climb out of the pool WITHOUT the need for ladders, slides, or diving boards? Yes, drowning sims can be fun, but some would like a more realistic pool where you don't have to use boards, slides, or ladders to get in or out.

Also thanks to Marco Polo we have those animations to get in and out. Part of the work is done in that sense. I would also like a mod for that. I like stairs, but I wish that if they are busy they can go out without them.

Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Based off of that mod that's just come out to remove attraction between zodiac signs, I wonder if it's possible to make a mod that removes the link between zodiac signs and personalities. I'd like it if they had absolutely nothing to do with each other at all - as a Gemini, I resent the fact that EAxis thinks I'm rude, thank you very much!

Haha, I'm mostly joking. It would be a nice mod to have though. I know you can change it post-CAS with mods but I'd like it if they had nothing to do with each other from the get-go.

The zoodiac combined with personality and interests seems great to me for the attraction system. I am Leo and except for extroversion they show us as lacking in everything else, and yet it makes me laugh and it does not seem bad at all haha ​​Of course I prefer that to its elimination in later games. Also, if you experiment with the personality points, you will see that there are several versions of the same sign, you can create grumpy and very friendly Geminis. In my case, I can't take a lot of extroversion from Leo to add it elsewhere because he changes his sign right away xD I can only make Leos cordial or bad-tempered, but they must be dirty or lack something else. I like the subject of astrology and it seems to me that whoever decided how they should be in sims 2 knew a lot about the subject, because they are very successful with what each sign is supposed to be.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#11927 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
If its possible, I would like TS3 to TS2 conversions of harvestables, especially BERRIES.

Not TS3 conversions but Sun & Moon have berry bushes along with a bunch of other amazing stuff.

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hp?f=240&t=8581
Theorist
#11928 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
The zoodiac combined with personality and interests seems great to me for the attraction system. I am Leo and except for extroversion they show us as lacking in everything else, and yet it makes me laugh and it does not seem bad at all haha ​​Of course I prefer that to its elimination in later games. Also, if you experiment with the personality points, you will see that there are several versions of the same sign, you can create grumpy and very friendly Geminis. In my case, I can't take a lot of extroversion from Leo to add it elsewhere because he changes his sign right away xD I can only make Leos cordial or bad-tempered, but they must be dirty or lack something else. I like the subject of astrology and it seems to me that whoever decided how they should be in sims 2 knew a lot about the subject, because they are very successful with what each sign is supposed to be.

Still, Astrology is a silly superstition and I'd prefer it to be not linked to personality ranges.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#11929 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 12:52 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 24th Apr 2021 at 1:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Still, Astrology is a silly superstition and I'd prefer it to be not linked to personality ranges.

Well, regardless of whether it is real or not, I think that using such ancient and romanticized knowledge of the stars that is used in many artistic media is a useful way to define the sims and their behavior patterns, it works very well for me to create stories and define how my sim will behave, it would be chaos for me if I were not there. It also works very well for me to choose aspirations that suit the personality and sign. (I'm not always that strict about it though).

If you hate it you can remove it with mods, I was just giving my opinion about the horoscope in sims 2.

About it's an stupid superstition, well, I could say the same about other things that are forbidden to talk about, but I can't. Not all of us have the same perception of reality and I know that many people cannot bear everything that is far from the immediate and earthly world that our beloved and philanthropic leaders and media offer us. I know it sounds off topic, but it is tremendously connected to what we are talking about, at least for me.

When we start to get so sensitive about these things, we end up with "the sims 4" ... It doesn't offend anyone, but it gets boring and lacking in personality.
Theorist
#11930 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 2:42 PM
Well, regardless of whether it is real or not, I think that using such ancient and romanticized knowledge of the stars that is used in many artistic media is a useful way to define the sims and their behavior patterns, it works very well for me to create stories and define how my sim will behave, it would be chaos for me if I were not there. It also works very well for me to choose aspirations that suit the personality and sign. (I'm not always that strict about it though).

If you hate it you can remove it with mods, I was just giving my opinion about the horoscope in sims 2.

About it's an stupid superstition, well, I could say the same about other things that are forbidden to talk about, but I can't. Not all of us have the same perception of reality and I know that many people cannot bear everything that is far from the immediate and earthly world that our beloved and philanthropic leaders and media offer us. I know it sounds off topic, but it is tremendously connected to what we are talking about, at least for me.

When we start to get so sensitive about these things, we end up with "the sims 4" ... It doesn't offend anyone, but it gets boring and lacking in personality.

I wish there was a mod to remove to replace the zodiacs, but so far I haven't found one. Personally I'd prefer the 16 personality types (I'd still not be very happy with that, but somewhat happier) .

As for it being a superstition, well...it is. It's arbitrary personality traits assigned to imaginary pictures in the stars. And, no I am not a materialist, I just don't subscribe to zodiacs. I could go into why, but that would be off-topic.
I'm not too bothered by them being in the game, I just wish they wouldn't be there, or at least not connected to personality types.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#11931 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 2:48 PM
I wish there was a mod to remove to replace the zodiacs, but so far I haven't found one. Personally I'd prefer the 16 personality types (I'd still not be very happy with that, but somewhat happier) .

As for it being a superstition, well...it is. It's arbitrary personality traits assigned to imaginary pictures in the stars. And, no I am not a materialist, I just don't subscribe to zodiacs. I could go into why, but that would be off-topic.
I'm not too bothered by them being in the game, I just wish they wouldn't be there, or at least not connected to personality types.

I understand your point then, and I respect your opinion on that.
I read about the 16 personality types, it was developed by a psychologist, right? I remember that it seemed quite consistent.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#11932 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 3:15 PM

Have you tried No Zodiac Chemistry?
Forum Resident
#11933 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Have you tried No Zodiac Chemistry?

Experimented with it, but my game went bonkers when I tried it. Not sure what it conflicted with, since I have so many mods.
Field Researcher
#11934 Old 4th May 2021 at 12:49 PM
I dont know how to put this exactly. I want veterinary mods (for pets to get sick and pet food/treats that can cure them), VETERINARY CAREER with CC interaction to CURE PET. That would be awesome.
Scholar
#11935 Old 4th May 2021 at 8:37 PM
Asexuality modules for theTS2 Aromanticism Project, with an Asexual trait to be used either alone or in conjunction with the existing Aromantic one. Asexual trait should have want disablers for pretty much the opposite as Aromantic has: dates are fine, falling in love fine, specific wants to "Flirt with X" or "Kiss X" fine, slow dancing fine -- but no gropey dance interactions, making out, or WooHoo, and no untargeted kissing. Also good would be an adjustment to relationship/chemistry requirements for interactions so that it takes more for them to be available to Sims with the Asexual trait, or the option to only have them available if there is already a Friend relationship as well.

Something to make adoption wants show up in more circumstances, while at the same time allowing "Have Baby" wants to show up for Sims who the vanilla game would consign to only get adoption wants. Between aliens and sperm donors, there's no reason for same-sex couples to only want to adopt, but some of them still should, as should others who would be very unlikely to get the adoption want with in the vanilla game; it would be fitting for Nurturing Family Sims who've already had several biological children to want to adopt, or for elderly newlywed Family Sims, or for Childish, Family-Oriented Sims (who would like to have children, but aren't likely to be as interested in what goes into having children), or wealthy, Nurturing single Sims...
Mad Poster
#11936 Old 4th May 2021 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Freefalldreams
Asexuality modules for theTS2 Aromanticism Project, with an Asexual trait to be used either alone or in conjunction with the existing Aromantic one. Asexual trait should have want disablers for pretty much the opposite as Aromantic has: dates are fine, falling in love fine, specific wants to "Flirt with X" or "Kiss X" fine, slow dancing fine -- but no gropey dance interactions, making out, or WooHoo, and no untargeted kissing. Also good would be an adjustment to relationship/chemistry requirements for interactions so that it takes more for them to be available to Sims with the Asexual trait, or the option to only have them available if there is already a Friend relationship as well.

Are you trying to model asexuality, or demisexuality? This seems like a weird mashup of both.

Quote:
Something to make adoption wants show up in more circumstances, while at the same time allowing "Have Baby" wants to show up for Sims who the vanilla game would consign to only get adoption wants. Between aliens and sperm donors, there's no reason for same-sex couples to only want to adopt, but some of them still should, as should others who would be very unlikely to get the adoption want with in the vanilla game; it would be fitting for Nurturing Family Sims who've already had several biological children to want to adopt, or for elderly newlywed Family Sims, or for Childish, Family-Oriented Sims (who would like to have children, but aren't likely to be as interested in what goes into having children), or wealthy, Nurturing single Sims...

Every part of this that can actually be done has already been done by TwoJeffs.
Mad Poster
#11937 Old 4th May 2021 at 10:27 PM
Really annoys me that children shoo their own parents out of the bathroom if they are gonna use the toilet or shower. Teenagers sure, but children? Makes no sense. One day I will fix that, but for now, I'll just have to imagine it.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Alchemist
#11938 Old 4th May 2021 at 10:55 PM
Agree, although, if the mod were to be true to life, I feel like same gender siblings should be exempt, too. I've definitely barged in on my sister while she's in the shower. Not sure if it's the same for brothers, but yeah, for sisters, we share the bathroom all the time.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
#11939 Old 5th May 2021 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Really annoys me that children shoo their own parents out of the bathroom if they are gonna use the toilet or shower. Teenagers sure, but children? Makes no sense. One day I will fix that, but for now, I'll just have to imagine it.

Shy/Outgoing personality checks and STR checks too would be awesome.
Scholar
#11940 Old 5th May 2021 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Are you trying to model asexuality, or demisexuality? This seems like a weird mashup of both.

Could be both or either, depending on how you play it. Ace and aro are neither indivisible nor mutually exclusive. From an ace perspective, I'd say that minus unfulfillable expectations, dates can be fun, flirting can be fun, falling in love can be fulfilling and some kisses can be pleasant -- not that I have much experience with any of that, because it's unsafe! People don't react well when they realize that their appetizer is their date's main course, if you get my meaning. The unfavourable invective would be along the lines of "tease" for asexual, "cad" for aromantic, and "prude" for aro-ace. It's a lot safer to be considered a prude than a tease.
Although, full disclosure, pandemic boredom/loneliness led to some vivid daydreams that got me wondering if I was actually demi. Then I realized that:
A. All my perfect partners are very fictional or imaginary, and thus, projections of myself. I can't think of a single real person I wouldn't be disgusted to put in their roles.
B. Even if they were real and it was my one and only chance to get with them, there is no way I would be hooking up with them during a pandemic the way real people I knew were with randos from dating apps.
C. "Chelsea Hotel" is a love song, even if it uses very, um, lusty language. There are plenty of lust songs I could have been playing on repeat if I'd wanted that soundtrack.
I think I'm still ace or pretty close to it!

Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Every part of this that can actually be done has already been done by TwoJeffs.

You mean that HaveChildrenNotAdopt mod, right? It seems to be the opposite of what I'm thinking about -- I'd like adoption to be a desirable option for more Sims, just not the only one for the gay ones. I know it makes adoption fulfil "Have Baby" wants, but IRL, "Have Baby" and "Adopt Child" are two very different things. I've been using LTWs regarding more children or grandchildren than a Sim already has to indicate interest in adopting any playable children in the adoption pool, but I'd like to see them actively decide that they want to take in some wonky-looking townie spawn even if they're biologically able to produce their own. And trait support should be an option for new AI-enhacement or want-changing mods...even the new Sun&Moon updates have trait support so that Animal Lovers won't let the animals go hungry.
Mad Poster
#11941 Old 5th May 2021 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freefalldreams
Could be both or either, depending on how you play it. Ace and aro are neither indivisible nor mutually exclusive. From an ace perspective, I'd say that minus unfulfillable expectations, dates can be fun, flirting can be fun, falling in love can be fulfilling and some kisses can be pleasant -- not that I have much experience with any of that, because it's unsafe! People don't react well when they realize that their appetizer is their date's main course, if you get my meaning. The unfavourable invective would be along the lines of "tease" for asexual, "cad" for aromantic, and "prude" for aro-ace. It's a lot safer to be considered a prude than a tease.

Yes, I know what ace and aro are. I'm asking if your proposed mod is meant to represent asexuality, or demisexuality, which don't necessarily have anything to do with aromanticism.

Quote:
You mean that HaveChildrenNotAdopt mod, right? It seems to be the opposite of what I'm thinking about -- I'd like adoption to be a desirable option for more Sims, just not the only one for the gay ones.

You said you wanted sims who normally roll the adoption want to be able to roll the have a baby want. That's what that mod does. It is not possible to make sims roll adoption wants more frequently than they already do, or at least not without replacing core files in Program Files.

Quote:
I know it makes adoption fulfil "Have Baby" wants, but IRL, "Have Baby" and "Adopt Child" are two very different things.

No, that's a completely different mod, also by TwoJeffs, called BabyWantsFix. You don't have to install both of those mods if you only want one.
Scholar
#11942 Old 5th May 2021 at 6:04 AM
I’d like to be able to have pizza on community lots. It doesn’t need to be served like a restaurant— maybe something like a vending machine or coffee bar. I’m not sure how it could be done or how it would look, but man.. I’d love my sims to go to a roller rink or bowling alley and grab a box of pizza .
Field Researcher
#11943 Old 5th May 2021 at 9:05 AM
You have:

PIZZA OVEN on AFFINITY SIMS site, you can use it in both residental and community lot (community lot needs to be OWNABLE BUSINESS).

PIZZA COOKER on SIMS GRAVEYARD (private/ownable business)

AUTOMATIC MODULAR BUFFET from PALADIN'S PLACE/SIMWARDROBE (it spawns pizza on communiry lot and you dont have to own the business). The site is down but its easy to find stuff from it. Look at SIMS FILE SHARE.
Mad Poster
#11944 Old 5th May 2021 at 11:23 AM
There is also a buyable pizza for buy mode, that Mootilda used in some of her Moo's Mews tiny community lots.

https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=131127

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
#11945 Old 8th May 2021 at 12:52 AM
If someone made mods for each of these sub-aspirations (https://dinuriel.tumblr.com/tagged/...ychology/page/2) that worked like the 3t2 Traits Project, it would make me so happy. So the Scrooge sims wouldn't roll wants to spend money, Hook Up Master sims wouldn't roll wants to woohoo with the same sim and wouldn't fall in love easily, Social Butterfly sims would want to socialize with others but wouldn't care so much about gaining friend status, etc.
Forum Resident
#11946 Old 9th May 2021 at 5:18 PM
More TV shows similar to the ones we have in the game. I am lazy to create them myself.
Test Subject
#11947 Old 9th May 2021 at 5:36 PM
It would also be cool if there was a mod so teens sneaking out could be treated as an outing where you could actually pick where they go, who joins them, and what they do. Then you could send your teens to night clubs or wherever and actually get to play that out.
Forum Resident
#11948 Old 9th May 2021 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by khagen
It would also be cool if there was a mod so teens sneaking out could be treated as an outing where you could actually pick where they go, who joins them, and what they do. Then you could send your teens to night clubs or wherever and actually get to play that out.

that would be great :lovestruc I can imagine a secret party in a old lot in the middle of the forest :D
Alchemist
#11949 Old 9th May 2021 at 6:05 PM
More TV shows similar to the ones we have in the game. I am lazy to create them myself.

Do you have the TS3 shows? Omglo/EarlyPleasantview uploaded them here: https://earlypleasantview.tumblr.co...ims-3-for#notes

It's nice because TS3 uses TS2 for tv shows so they're nice and high def.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#11950 Old 9th May 2021 at 6:09 PM
@Phantomknight I didn't know they existed, I'm going to download them right now, thanks. Also that they are from sims 2 is great. :lovestruc In fact, I was so lazy about it that I didn't know they were so easy to install. maybe I'll try to create some myself and upload them if they work out well.
Page 478 of 576