Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5926 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 11:33 AM
Ugh. Does anyone just want to delete their fucking upload because they're being picked on for stupid shit?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#5927 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Ugh. Does anyone just want to delete their fucking upload because they're being picked on for stupid shit?

Are you alright? If there's something going on, try not to let it get you; from what I've seen of your uploads, they're good

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Instructor
#5928 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 2:27 PM
When my female sims stomp their queue to have cramps or munchies per the period mod. I can think of few other times I swear at my sims for not doing what I tell them to do.

And yeah, I could just not have that mod, but it's one of the first ts2 mods I ever had so it's special.

But man do I hate that.
Forum Resident
#5929 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 3:17 PM
There's a period mod? I've never heard of that before. Aside from the obvious, what does it do? I'm curious.

Instructor
#5930 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
There's a period mod? I've never heard of that before. Aside from the obvious, what does it do? I'm curious.

Smonaff's Period Hack
Mad Poster
#5931 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Are you alright? If there's something going on, try not to let it get you; from what I've seen of your uploads, they're good

Yeah, just needed to vent. I managed to resist the urge to rage delete the upload. I'm just getting frustrated with being pulled up for things that I have done when they say I haven't and also inconsistency which makes me confused as to what's allowed. Also, terrible communication, which is very frustrating.

Okay, now another upload is flagged for petty shit? I am seriously considering deleting them. This is the third one. I make very sure that my uploads meet requirements. I put a lot of effort into it. Why am I being picked on?
Instructor
#5932 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 5:00 PM
I don't see anything wrong with them Idunno
Scholar
#5933 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 5:35 PM
@Charity -- Are you talking about stuff in the upload queue, that the rest of us aren't allowed to see yet? I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but there have been some very strange upload moderation decisions on MTS in the past year. I thought they were mostly TS4 stuff, but your mention of inconsistency and terrible communication sounded familiar...
Forum Resident
#5934 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 9:56 PM

Yes! I Thought was just me
Forum Resident
#5935 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 12:16 AM
Is the site just getting extremely strict with uploads or something? I wouldn't know what the process is like as I have yet to upload anything, but it sounds frustrating. I hope that everything gets sorted out smoothly.

Instructor
#5936 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 1:10 AM
I just posted this in the Stupid/Random questions,

Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
It's interesting to hear two people now having issues with the upload moderation.

With my mod the feedback I got was that my original description was far too rambly/wordy with some unnecessary details, and that I should use boldened headers.

And with my bandana, the feedback was just that I needed better, non CAS, non resized screenshots.

Both very easy simple fixes and I had no other trouble.

Maybe I just have been lucky with my first two uploads? I don't have any other ideas at present but I hope if I upload more in the future that my luck stays.
I remember the pms letting me know that the moderators are just volunteers - idk how many of them there are but maybe it just depends who you get?
Field Researcher
#5937 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 5:10 AM
Smonaff's Period Hack

Haha, that's amazing. A little too realistic for me but wow TS2 modders are great, aren't they? We have EVERYTHING.

I'm sorry to hear people are frustrated about their uploads. I remember being told that a house I made was unrealistic/wouldn't be built that way. The floorplan was closely based on my brother's house. I did find it pretty discouraging and dropped my plans to do more uploads and learn meshing and so on. I'm not blaming anyone for my choice, of course, as it was mine. I wonder if there is anyplace these days that n00bs can bring their stuff where they aren't expected to immediately meet the standards of people who have been doing this for *checks notes* 16 years
Mad Poster
#5938 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freefalldreams
@Charity -- Are you talking about stuff in the upload queue, that the rest of us aren't allowed to see yet? I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but there have been some very strange upload moderation decisions on MTS in the past year. I thought they were mostly TS4 stuff, but your mention of inconsistency and terrible communication sounded familiar...

Yeah, my three latest uploads all got flagged. One for stuff they claimed I hadn't done when I had. It took me a week to get them to put it back up and I still got no actual response. Then my next two get flagged, one for stuff that has been accepted in previous uploads.
Forum Resident
#5939 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 1:11 PM
Yeah, my three latest uploads all got flagged. One for stuff they claimed I hadn't done when I had. It took me a week to get them to put it back up and I still got no actual response. Then my next two get flagged, one for stuff that has been accepted in previous uploads.

@Charity This is the exact trouble I'm having, so you're not alone
Top Secret Researcher
#5940 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 4:58 PM
This.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Field Researcher
#5941 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 3:54 AM
My Gilbert Jacquet got stuck in an error loop on his community lot when I had finally managed to gain a few stars. I did what was suggested here
Quote:
If your sim gets stuck on owned community lot, do not save. Exit without saving. Progress may be lost, but errors that happen are worse than that. You want to play with sim, not make the whole family unplayable.
and exited without saving. So I lost a bit of progress. Luckily I had saved after his dates so not too much progress was lost, but still. I'm worried about his business lot now.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Mad Poster
#5942 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 7:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed
@Charity This is the exact trouble I'm having, so you're not alone

I've posted in the site issues forum here https://modthesims.info/showthread....9&cb=1614844560, so if anyone else wants to add to the post to show that I'm not the only one it's happening to then please do.
Instructor
#5943 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 11:19 PM
Why does the Viejo house have three tables plus an island?
Betty's just walked all over the freaking house putting out 3 bowls of cereal in different locations and then wandering off somewhere else with her own.
Lab Assistant
#5944 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 4:56 PM
Evil witches and business lots, what a pain. Glad there's mods to stop them from spawning cockroaches though I kinda wish there was the ability to phone exterminators on business lots. That would be fun!

Forum Resident
#5945 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 5:16 PM
Being able to call an exterminator on community lots would definitely be useful. What I do though, since I always play with debug mode activated, is shift click on the cockroaches and there's a debug option that allows for your sim to be able to use the exterminator animation. However, I'm also aware that not everyone is big on debug mode, so this piece of information may not be useful to you

Forum Resident
#5946 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 9:12 PM
Why does the Viejo house have three tables plus an island?
Betty's just walked all over the freaking house putting out 3 bowls of cereal in different locations and then wandering off somewhere else with her own.

Old ladies need that much space to put all the desserts they make. We have a lady in our street who gives away ridiculous amounts of baked goods, though she has more free time than Betty and Catherine since she doesn't have a part time job.
Lab Assistant
#5947 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 3:11 AM
@CrystalFlame360 , that works for me! I play in debug mode often but never thought about doing as you said. Usually I would force error on those roaches but yours adds challenge. Maybe I'll even summon an exterminator pal and make them do that.

Field Researcher
#5948 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 4:45 PM
Apparently the Noodlesoother, rather than improving motives, sharply decreases them in a tradeoff for a better "mood". Ugh! If I wanted mood, I want motives, honestly! Otherwise how would Jacquet have managed to pee himself when he was right next to a toilet, poor fellow?

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Instructor
#5949 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 3:27 AM
I'm finally to the Ottomai in my megahood rotations. During "round 0"/the setup round Samantha gave birth to the twins because of the 18 hour pregnancy mod I use.

And now, on the first day playing them, not even two sim-hours in, she's pregnant again because of risky woohoo.

Tommy's a toddler, and twin babies, and she goes and gets pregnant again.

Kinda wanna kill her. I might kill her. I won't kill her.
Mad Poster
#5950 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 5:04 AM
I'm finally to the Ottomai in my megahood rotations. During "round 0"/the setup round Samantha gave birth to the twins because of the 18 hour pregnancy mod I use.

And now, on the first day playing them, not even two sim-hours in, she's pregnant again because of risky woohoo.

Tommy's a toddler, and twin babies, and she goes and gets pregnant again.

Kinda wanna kill her. I might kill her. I won't kill her.

Don't kill her. It fullfills Dora's LTW. If you have ACR you can set her after this baby to NOT able to get pregnant.
Page 238 of 275