8 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#27051 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Here's a question I haven't seen before, but of course I have to ask it:

What do you do with character that duplicates themselves while being moved out of a household?

I had moved out a townie, Adoracion Bencard, from Sarah Bishop's house because she was starting to interfere in the relationship between Sarah and her fiancee.

She moved out and somehow, in the process, duplicated herself and so there's two of them in the game, and I don't know what to do about either of them. They share the same household name, but one of them is 1 day older and has a different career than the other, but their memories are the same and so is the number of the household (#5) that I used in the game.

Do I send the one I'm playing in Tinsel town back to townie status, kill them or what? I'd like to keep her, but with two of them in the game, it's going to be a mess.

I would use this bug as an occasion for story purposes! Why are there two Adoracions? Is the clone a twin separated at birth, an impostor who pretends to be her to steal her identity, an alien experiment (like the fake Bella Goth in Strangetown), a clone created in vitro by a mad scientist? Or maybe Adoracion is a ninja from the Leaf Village and knows the Art of Shadow Doppelganger.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27052 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
What do you do with character that duplicates themselves while being moved out of a household?
I like the ideas in the posts above! I would definitely go with the impostor idea, give Adoracion some grief because of the grief she caused to Sarah!
Mad Poster
#27053 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 4:15 PM
I like the ideas, too, but my problem is a bit more severe than just killing off one and letting the survivor live..she split into two personalities but only one physical one that I can see.

I don't know if it's a corruption issue or not, because I've tried to summon them both, and if they were both physical presences they would have shown up but that's not how it's working out. It would be great if that was the case.

So I am assuming that I'm going to have to kill the physical one off in order to solve the problem, because I'm not sure that keeping them in the game game together is such a great idea-even SimPE notes that 'there is a character repeated" and I think that's not such a good thing.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27054 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 5:10 PM
Oh I see- I've never come across this before! Did you try Hood Checker? backup before trying anything drastic though!
Mad Poster
#27055 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 6:26 PM
Can visiting Sims get heatstroke/freeze? I can't remember xD

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#27056 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 6:38 PM
Yes. Although visiting playables, and some categories of townies, are unable to die.
Theorist
#27057 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Yes. Although visiting playables, and some categories of townies, are unable to die.

The thing is, they weren't originally. That's why that pop-up about a Sim "dying on another lot and their spirit will go there" comes from. I still remember a time when it was dangerous to invite pregnant Sims over, since their motives could decline without the player interfering and they were likely to starve.

However now you can't even kill visitors with the cowplant anymore (I always have to add them to the household to sacrifice them).

Anybody know when that was changed?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#27058 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 9:36 PM
Yeah, after Seasons they decided to make it impossible to kill visiting playables, for some reason, and also forgot some groups of sims like the Garden Club and Hobby Mavens, and BV townies. I have a mod to fix that that I've been sitting on, I'll probably release it eventually. Should still be possible to kill most regular townies and NPCs, though.
Alchemist
#27059 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 9:40 PM
I think it depends on the death, but then again, maybe it's my mods at work. Because in my game, visitors can still die via cowplant, and fire, if they get trapped. But I always had to make sims selectable for certain deaths--starvation, drowning, etc. I think an insta death like satellite is possible, too, but I've rarely seen it. Maybe electrocution, too, or fright, but their motives would have to be really low to beginning with, I think. Otherwise, yeah, when their motives get critical, they just leave the lot instead of dying.

I'm really curious about the no cowplant death thing, though! How does that work? What happens if they grab the cake?

Also, if I'm remembering correctly, heatstroke and freezing aren't direct causes of death. They can cause motives to get to a critical level and then sims can die of something else--like starvation. But freezing doesn't cause death on its own and I've never experienced the "spontaneously burst into flame" thing, even before my game was patched. I'm not sure how the bug worked, but it was something I could never get to happen. (I call it a bug and not a feature, because it was patched.) When I was planning a legacy a bajillion years ago, I tested all the ways to die and I found that motives had to be at a critical level, enough for the freezing/overheating to instantly cause starvation. After the freezing/heatstroke animations, sims would get up and hold their stomach like the starvation death.

Anyway if you do want townies to experience those things, spontaneously flames and all, Simler90 incorporated that stuff into some Temperature Mods.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#27060 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I think it depends on the death, but then again, maybe it's my mods at work. Because in my game, visitors can still die via cowplant, and fire, if they get trapped. But I always had to make sims selectable for certain deaths--starvation, drowning, etc. I think an insta death like satellite is possible, too, but I've rarely seen it. Maybe electrocution, too, or fright, but their motives would have to be really low to beginning with, I think. Otherwise, yeah, when their motives get critical, they just leave the lot instead of dying.

It has nothing to do with the type of death, they all use the same BHAV. Yes, making sims selectable can avoid this problem in some cases, but the problem has to do with what family the sim is in.
Field Researcher
#27061 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 10:27 PM
They made it too hard for Sims to die, imo. There are ways, yes, but accidental deaths are very rare. It's too predictable for me.
Theorist
#27062 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
They made it too hard for Sims to die, imo. There are ways, yes, but accidental deaths are very rare. It's too predictable for me.

Oh I agree with that. It's pretty boring.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#27063 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 10:36 PM

Thank you, nice to know for sure. I ended up moving the Sim in, and no matter what I do I can't get them to freeze. Been like 3 days on the clock by now and nothing. Tried using insimenator to set to freezing, and nothing. Might shiver and cough, but won't actually freeze. Very frustrating. Anyone know any ways to force it to happen?

Mad Poster
#27064 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 10:44 PM
Yeah, after Seasons they decided to make it impossible to kill visiting playables, for some reason . . .

So, since my highest EP is Open for Business, visiting Sims could still die in my game?

I'll continue to do everything in my power to keep them all alive though. Truth is, I'm rather proud of my record of never having had a Sim die in my game since I started to play. I think it's a bit of an unusual record.

And anyway, I really do love my Sims, and I don't want them to die -- ever.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#27065 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Thank you, nice to know for sure. I ended up moving the Sim in, and no matter what I do I can't get them to freeze. Been like 3 days on the clock by now and nothing. Tried using insimenator to set to freezing, and nothing. Might shiver and cough, but won't actually freeze. Very frustrating. Anyone know any ways to force it to happen?

Like Phantomnight said, "freezing to death" is actually getting to freezing temperature when hunger is too low. I've definitely had it happen to a sim who fell asleep in a plate for an extremely long time.
Mad Poster
#27066 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Oh I see- I've never come across this before! Did you try Hood Checker? backup before trying anything drastic though!

I just did the hoodchecker thing, and it said something like, "Owner and Subject are different:0x00c8 Maria Bencard: went to college" (Subject Maria Bencard)

and other warnings, "Incorrect subject instance"

So I will clean out the warnings with the hoodchecker, I have the game backed up by hoodchecker (automatically done) and I put Maria out of her misery. I could not bring both together at the same time. Hopefully it won't affect the game in the future.

It's never happened to me before, either, and it's really weird.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#27067 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 2:05 AM
Not trying to kill the Sim. I'm trying to make them freeze, so that another person has to thaw them with a hair-dryer. Staging for a story xD

Mad Poster
#27068 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 2:45 AM
^ You don't happen to have any mods that stop them from freezing, like any temperature/weather/etc. related ones?

Lemonade/juice/water, being out in the snow, having water balloon and snowball fights, not wearing outerwear, plus most cold/outdoor winter activities lowers their temperature - could be worth trying. When they start shivering and the thermometer glows blue they should get the "cold" skin overlay. Once that happens it's not that long until they do the shivering animation, take a step, freeze solid, and fall over. Then you can make a sim thaw them up (but be quick, because they can thaw up on their own after a short while).
Field Researcher
#27069 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 5:05 AM
I could've sworn that extended family (outside of the household) used to count as family friends for a job promotion. I don't know if it's an expansion pack or what, but now if a Sim is flagged as family at all, even if they don't live together, they don't count toward friends.
Mad Poster
#27070 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
I could've sworn that extended family (outside of the household) used to count as family friends for a job promotion. I don't know if it's an expansion pack or what, but now if a Sim is flagged as family at all, even if they don't live together, they don't count toward friends.

There is a solution to this problem, if you're looking for family counting as friends towards promotions. Wherever you can find TwoJeffs hacks (I know they're on Sim File Share but I don't have the exact address), it's called "No friends needed for career advancement/promotion."

That completely negates the need for them.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27071 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 11:00 AM
Field Researcher
#27072 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 7:07 PM
I have the neighborhood and lot sky boxes with the sun and moon mods, but the sun and moon don't show up. I also have the sky fix mod. I can see stars, though. What am I doing wrong?

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#27073 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^ You don't happen to have any mods that stop them from freezing, like any temperature/weather/etc. related ones?

Nope, no mods. This Sim freezes all the time, but apparently got stage fright when I wanted it to happen xD Had him in the deepest blue shivering his butt off for three whole days without him resorting to freezing, so I move him out and back in, and tried lemon juice now you reminded me that's a thing, and it did the trick. Thank you for the help

Field Researcher
#27074 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 12:22 AM
I found this, which is cool, but I wanted it as formalwear. Is there anything I can do about that? Or would some kind of modding tools be required for such an undertaking?
https://modthesims.info/d/299611/ap...t-unlocked.html
Mad Poster
#27075 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 3:15 AM
^ You can use SimPE and change the "category" in the "PropertySet" to 27 (It's probably already set as everyday, and it's probably best to keep it as such so the butler's outfit isn't broken in any way). 20 = formal, 7= everyday, and the combination enables the outfit for both categories.

I don't think it's possible to open the file with the Wardrobe Wrangler since it's a small unhider/recategorizer file, so you're kind of stuck with using SimPE, but it should be a simple edit.

(change the number, click "commit", and save).
Page 1083 of 1339