Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#6426 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 7:06 AM
A situation at Tri-Frum (La Fiesta Tech) got out of hand. They were soliciting for new members, and April Garner (one of the established members) invited LaQueen Holmes to check it out. Next thing I knew, LaQueen was trying to hit on April! (I'd had no idea LaQueen was BiCurious, but apparently she is.)

[Subsequent events, which got really outrageous, were expunged and the characters reset.]
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6427 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 7:28 AM
I started missing the bin sims and townies due to the stories told here. So I slapped together a new hood, placed lots from my lot bin and moved in the bin sims. I added Bluewater Village to that.

And I already had a lot of fun
Forum Resident
#6428 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 8:10 PM
Finished and prepared all but 2 of my Harry Potter sims for upload, took a couple of in game pictures of some of my favorite lots/rooms, finished the interior of the church -that I probably won't upload. Tonight more in game pictures to come
Scholar
#6429 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 2:27 AM
Aldric Davies flunked his sophomore year and dropped out of college. He was given the Orphans' Assistance Grant to help him get set up as an adult, but with an outstanding student loan of over $4,000, he decided to move in with fellow drop-out Mickey Dosser and recent graduate Gunnar Roque - three of them in a bachelor apartment! He gave the guys $100 each towards his share of the rent and bills for the rest of the week, bought himself a cheap bed and chair, and put the rest of his money towards paying off his loan. He wasn't really interested in getting a job, so he just took the first available and is unlikely to make much progress up the career ladder.

Mickey is stuck at Level 2, even though he's in his LTW career, because he has no interest in earning the necessary Creativity skill point for promotion. With Bigger Bills set to max and loan interest running at 9% for those no longer actually at university, neither he nor Aldric is making enough even to cover his loan interest, never mind future rent and bills.

Gunnar is better off: he rolled a want to join the military and a job was advertised, so he is earning good money and working his way up the ladder. He's already paid off his loan, and once Zoe Zimmerman graduates he'll get an apartment with her - so if the guys are hoping he'll be covering their rent next week, they're all out of luck.
Forum Resident
#6430 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 1:47 PM
After being resurrected, Espresso Neighbour made himself some toaster pastry and hugged and hung out with his daughter Modesty and his grandkids Nextdoor and Cappuchino. Modesty had an aspiration failure. Nextdoor was in very low aspiration too, but he wished to go steady and so called over Melody Tinker and asked her if she wanted to, which she did. At that, he felt a bit better, and Espresso probably said to him, in the wise words of Chumbawamba, "Don't cry for me, Nextdoor Neighbour". Meanwhile, little Cappuchino who's just grown up to a teen and who was the one doing the resurrecting, walked around and told everyone dirty jokes.
The house is only big enough to hold Modesty and the boys, and that's with them sharing a room and Modesty sleeping in the livingroom, so Espresso moved in with his youngest nephew Link Larsen in his little house in Bluewater. Link was so newly moved in himself that the welcome wagon dropped by a few hours after Espresso did, and Link and Denise Jacquet grew fond of each other.

While Link was at work, Espresso had to entertain himself and went out to explore the neighbourhood. He played chess with Bella Goth and got to try the drink he's named after for the first time in his life.

In the evening, his BFF/ex-husband, and Link's foster father, Ville Stenbock called to invite him downtown. "Hey man, I heard you're alive again, wanna hang out?" Espresso brought Link along, and Ville brought Espresso's other nephew and nieces Broadway, Zelda and Savanna. And some dude called Jesper. Family sim as he is, Broadway had a breakdown over Espresso's former death as soon as he got out of the taxi. Espresso asked him what he wished for to see if he could help him feel better, but there was nothing that could be granted without controlling him myself. They went through a few community lots, with first Jesper and then Savanna going home, until Espresso, Link and Zelda wound up in a park at three in the morning while Broadway and Ville went home. Or rather, Ville walked Broadway home as he returned a bit later. No one else was there, so they had the entire park to themselves to chat, dance, play chess and swing.

The next day I left the household for this time, leaving Espresso napping under a tree. Welcome back to the land of the living, homeslice.

I am Error.
Scholar
#6431 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 1:57 AM
I took a break and decided to come back into Simming slowly by focusing on one family: the Schmidts. Clara Schmidt values friendship and majored in Poli Sci in university, where she met her future husband Renaud, a family man. True to form, they started out friends and slowly built to a romance and engagement. When it came time to graduate and settle down, they chose Veronaville, which seemed like a small town perfect for raising a family. Clara and Renaud bought a small bungalow, mortgaged to the hilt, in the newly established Monty Acres and kept mainly to themselves. Clara got a job in Politics, Renaud in Business, and they had two beloved children, Charles and Regina (truthfully, Regina may have been a bit more beloved than Charles). Charles grew up to value knowledge, and he did go to university but unfortunately couldn't seem to focus on his studies; he flunked out and moved back home, soon after marrying his college sweetheart, Madeleine, who did not get along with her mother-in-law AT ALL. Regina, whose obsession was romance, showed absolutely no interest in homework or college (I don't think I've ever had a teen who never rolled the want before her), so she went straight to being an adult and moved right out of the family home. Despite her children being so low-achieving, and she and her husband growing apart in the latter years of their marriage, Clara has seemed fairly content with her life in Veronaville.

The Schmidts may think Veronaville is a sleepy small town, but there is a lot of action going on around them. On their side of town, the Montys are trying to develop all that empty land, and they also own several bars and restaurants; the clan all lives together in the Monty villa. The only other family to live on that side of town is the Ottomas family, who have a sprawling farm on the outskirts. On the Capp side of the river, Consort owns several entertainment venues. The huge Capp family occupy several of the old-fashioned Tudor houses along the river, and other well-off families (Travellers, Ramaswamis) also live in this area, including the Summerdreams, who run a school of the arts. I expect that as the Schmidt family gets more established in Veronaville, they will become more interconnected with the old families living there.
Lab Assistant
#6432 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 3:01 PM
I'm slowly building a 1950's neighborhood, as requested by another user on this site I got a job so I haven't had time to play Sims, hopefully I can get this done & uploaded soon enough.

This is the lovely crème de la crème of the town, Sharon LeLuxe! Hopefully that umbrella is protecting her from the freak hailstorm that hit.

Screenshots

Why not be kind?
Scholar
#6433 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 1:30 AM Last edited by sturlington : 17th Apr 2021 at 1:55 AM.
I've played the Schmidts some more after work today. It's easy to progress a good bit when you're only playing one family.

Charles and Madeleine have had two children now: the eldest is Clarence, and the youngest is Samantha. Renaud passed away of old age and left enough life insurance to pay off the mortgage. Clara found out that Regina had two illegitimate kids -- with Romeo Monty! He pays child support but isn't about to marry her, not that she wants to get married. Regina is struggling to get by as a record store clerk, so Clara invited her to move back home. Regina's kids are Jihoon (the only blond in the family--that must come from his grandfather, Renaud) and Rose. They had to expand the house a bit, but Charles is a doctor (since he didn't finish college, I guess he's a plastic surgeon with an MD from the University of the Bahamas), so they could afford the renovations, and now there are four kids in the house. Clara loves it, and on top of that, she and Regina gang up on poor Madeleine all the time (I don't know why Madeleine puts up with it). Getting toward middle age, Charles is feeling a bit claustrophobic, but then he just goes out for a few beers and rounds of pool with old college buddies to get himself straight. Otherwise, he focuses on skilling for his job and helping out with all the kids. Between getting in fights with Clara and Regina, Madeleine also likes to skill. They aren't really hands-on parents, though. Regina still carries on with Romeo occasionally and otherwise is a manic cleaner, which that house needs. Clara had an affair with Tybalt Capp for a while, kind of a May-December relationship, but it seems like he's been ghosting her lately, and she's about near the end of her life.
Mad Poster
#6434 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 3:03 PM
I've only been able to do a single edit on my service center in my Homesteader's Challenge town to remove a cash register as my game has a perma fridge patch installed.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6435 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 6:28 PM
I accidentally put the wrong baby up for adoption. I had sisters, both had babies. 1 was in a stable relationship, the other had an oopsie baby from a 1 night stand. They gave birth within hours of each other. One sister had a boy, the other had twin girls. My plan was for the immature pleasure sim sister to put her baby up for adoption. The family sim sister to raise her babies with the help of her partner and his family (his Mum is Brandi Broke, so yknow)

I picked out a nice couple, moved the baby in. I've been playing them long enough that he's now a toddler and is learning his toddler skills. Play the household with the twin girls, my plan was to move them in with Brandi but I haven't yet - I had Brandi come over and interact with the girls and I thought "thats weird, why don't the girls see Brandi as family?"..... thats because the girls are the pleasure sims child. The son I put up for adoption was the responsible family sim's child.

Now I have to come up with a storyline to make it make sense. I mean... the sisters are teenagers anyways so maybe the family sim put her daughter up for adoption because she was too young. And the pleasure sim just expects her family to raise her children for her? ...But yeah oops lol

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#6436 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 12:20 PM
I played the Burbs Wed-Sun. On Wednesday it was Cindy's (child 3) birthday. She turned into a child. On Thursday Brad (child 2) turned into a family teen. Friday it was Lucy's turn to become an adult without going to college. That's OK, she'll spend her time writing books instead. On Saturday, John became a very happy elder, although he doesn't know Jennifer will be cheating on him soon heh heh. They also have baby Jackie and btw, Lucy, Brad and Jackie are all family sims. My hood is gonna burst lol. Only Cindy is knowledge.
Forum Resident
#6437 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 1:51 PM
Haven't actually been playing lately. Yesterday, I had some free time (a burst of motivation more like), and created more ancestors for my custom hood.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Forum Resident
#6438 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 2:03 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 18th Apr 2021 at 2:15 PM.
I realize that in my adolescence I had dozens of Pleasantviews and I always wanted to have a really advanced one with many generations, but my computer was horrible, now that I have a powerful computer I do everything except play the neighborhoods of the game xD So these days I have been playing Pleasantview finally doing what I always did in all families.

Don had children with Nina and Cassandra, who he left planted at the altar, Mortimer married Dina, after having a daughter they divorced and Dina married Malcolm Landgraab, on the other hand, Cassandra ended up marrying her friend Dirk and they had a girl. Angela and Lilith Pleasant started the love war that I always start, college will be the battlefield and they usually end up married to the other's boyfriend. Daniel got divorced and married the maid, for now I have left him the maid clothes because I find it fun to see her in the community lots, they both moved to the apartments that look like condos.
Mad Poster
#6439 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
Daniel got divorced and married the maid, for now I have left him the maid clothes because I find it fun to see her in the community lots, they both moved to the apartments that look like condos.
Where is Mary-Sue? And Brandi?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#6440 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Where is Mary-Sue? And Brandi?

Mary-Sue is trying to meet people and go out while trying to advance in her career, I think she will marry a townie soon, the problem is that she does not have much chemistry with anyone at the moment, she is also something like the owner of the Pleasant house, so I like her role as a single woman, maybe in the future I will do things like a lesbian adventure with Cassandra, for now I have done the basics xD
Brandi is also trying to rebuild her life, but it seems that her obligations to the children keep her from having time for herself. I wish he had more children and somehow always lived in the trailer xD
Forum Resident
#6441 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 4:55 PM
Tank Grunt's making himself at home in his new house. He hung out with his best friend Asta Kjellen, a townie he befriended as a teen and who I aged up to an adult when Tank himself grew up, and the welcome wagon. Malcolm Landgraab was in it and he randomly tried to hug Tank out of nowhere, which I found hilarious but Tank didn't. He also met a lady named Silver that he had some chemistry with, and they ended up becoming friends with a crush on each other. Some days later she invited him downtown and they went to the bowling alley. It was just the two of them on the outing, so Tank asked Silver to turn it into a date. Good ol' Tankster was everything I had imagined him to be on a date. His spiciest want was to give Silver a back massage. Meanwhile, she wanted to make out with him, but with me playing as Tank, and Silver not taking any initiative herself, that was out of the question. She had to be content with the chaste kiss they shared at the end of the date, Tank's first. He also got promoted in the dance career.

His oldest little brother Ripp Grunt also got his romance on. He wanted his first kiss and I had initially planned for him to have a little fling and his first kiss with Ophelia after Johnny became an adult, but then it slipped my mind and I played with Ophelia until she grew up, too.
Along came little Cappuchino Neighbour. At first he tried to charm Buck Grunt, who rejected him. Why Cappuchino did that in the first place I don't know, because later he'd make it abundantly clear how repelling he found Buck. He was attracted to Ripp however, so I had Ripp check Capps out to see if it was mutual, which it was. Ripp asked him on an at-home date which quickly turned into a dream date as they had both wished to have their first kiss. The day after they went on another dreamdate in a park. Capps, who loves telling dirty joke after dirty joke to people, was put off by Ripp's dirty jokes but had no problem telling Ripp his own. Well then.
Their romance had to be brief, however, because soon Ripp grew into an adult. Right before he did, General Buzz seemed to try to make amends with him and get a better relation to him, with varying results. He was the only one present as he grew up, though, as Buck was stuck outside standing on a swing. Ripp moved out right away, to a small house far from his childhood home. Ophelia called to invite him to a restaurant along with Olive Specter and Johnny Smith. After that, Ripp invited her to sleep over at his place. He might have missed out having his first kiss with her, but they did lose their virginity to each other.

At the Logren's, I had Lovemore Logren invite Picasso Melinder and she looked very annoyed doing so. Turned out they really dislike each other, but they also have two bolts of attraction, and the only time I remember seeing them interact was on a lot where I was playing neither and Picasso poured soap into every single fountain on the lot while Lovemore cheered. All these factors combined and I figured they'd just have to get together. Had "enemies with benefits" been a thing here like in The Sims 4 I'd make them that, but instead I started improving their relationship ever so slightly. After I had Lovemore tease Picasso, which was a bolt-interaction, of course.
Her father Robin was on his last day of adulthood and took the day off to spend some time at home with his husband Phoenix.

After Robin had turned into an elder, he and Phoenix moved to the elder collective, where they immediately started smustling. Lovemore got their old house to herself, and went on a little trip.

I am Error.
Field Researcher
#6442 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 9:08 PM
Some crazy shit just went down in my BACC.

So the backstory on this family is that I randomized the age and number of people in each starting household. For the Rodriguez family, I got an elder and a toddler, which poses a problem because the game won't let me out of CAS without an adult. So I created a family of three: Vivianna, Stefan, and Maria. Vivianna is Stefan's mother and Maria is Stefan's daughter. Then I killed off Stefan and voila! Family of two without an adult. However, now I have an urn and no cemetery.

Stefan as a ghost turns out to be a huge asshole. He comes out all the time, wakes them both up, won't let them eat or sleep. Vivianna is a Romance/Knowledge sim, so she doesn't hate seeing ghosts, but overall, Stefan is very disruptive.

One night, Maria (now a child) is just trying to eat when Stefan scares her. She pees herself, immediately goes to take a bath, but then her three competing needs take over. She passes out for a second in the tub. I get the popup that she's just skin and bones and need to eat SOON. So I send her to eat some spaghetti, but she keeps getting distracted by Stefan and won't finish her food. And she falls asleep in her plate. So the social worker comes and takes her away. Fuck. Now it's just Vivianna, who's probably going to die soon, and Stefan's ghost.

I had Vivianna try to adopt a child to see if we could get Maria back, but there's only $174 in the bank and apparently you need to prove that you can "feed" and "clothe" children before you can adopt.

But! The next day! The matchmaker sneakily drops off a mysterious lamp.

This is the first time I've seen a genie in this game. I don't really know how it works. But my first wish is to resurrect Stefan.

Success! He doesn't have any memories of dying, or being an asshole ghost, or being resurrected, or even of Maria being taken by the social worker. (Nor does Vivianna - I guess because she wasn't technically Maria's mother? Seems odd.)

So my next wish is for cash. Another success!

At this point I'm satisfied, so I just have Vivianna wish for a way to cheat death and that's it. She immediately calls back the adoption agency, who are happy to acquiesce now that we're $10,000 richer. Never mind that we had a child almost starve to death just last night. It's different now, we're not haunted! A genie helped us out!

Stefan and Vivianna fill the rest of the day by building an extension to the house and purchasing a community lot so they can expand their flower business, Rodriguez Floristeria. And at 10:00 the next day, who should appear but Maria, back from the orphanage?

Yaaay! The family's back together. She even has the same wish that I locked in before she got taken. Only weirdness now is that Maria is Vivianna's adoptive daughter and biological granddaughter. Stefan now registers on the family tree as her brother.

I am definitely going to try to build a cemetery before anyone else dies in this town. TS2 ghosts are so much worse than in TS3.
Screenshots
Scholar
#6443 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 11:27 PM
Playing Veronaville for the first time in a long time made me want to do it properly and make a more suitable family for the town, so I started over. Also, I got the Story Progression mod more or less working on the Mac so I'm having fun letting that advance the families I'm not playing. (Except the Summerdreams--they are immortal and only age if it suits them.)

I got Veronaville set back up again, all the community lots placed, and all the bin families on lots. This time I created a full family in CAS. They are the Shakes family. The father is Bill, who works in the Gamer career and writes novels late at night. His wife is Anne; she was a housewife until she had another baby and suddenly wanted to get a job, so now she works in Law. Their oldest son is Hamnet, who is Popularity, but since they are so new to the neighborhood, he doesn't really have any friends; then while I was messing around with the Ottomases, he got sent to college, so that's where he is now. (With Story Progression, teens will automatically go to college and progress through, and you don't have to play university if you don't want to, which is really nice, but if the mod sends them, they kind of disappear until they graduate.)

So now I'm focusing on the middle child, Susanna, who has become a teen and took Pleasure. I like her a lot. She's very independent and likes to go out and meet people and do things, but she doesn't take crap off of anyone. She's also athletic. She wants to go steady but has not yet found a boy her age she likes. After I moved them in, Anne wanted a third baby and after a few tries got pregnant with Jude. When Jude was born, she had both the want and fear for a baby. That's when she decided to get a job; granted, Bill does not make a lot of money and has only sold one novel, so they can use the extra income. It's a sweet family, although Anne really doesn't take good care of herself and always seems hungry and exhausted, and Bill seems like he's off in his own world most of the time. He stays up all night writing, so he always goes to work exhausted, and if he rolls the want to quit again, I may let him if their savings is out of the danger zone.

While this was going on, Mercutio and Tybalt both went to college, but Juliet and Romeo grew up without going, and they are not together anymore. The Ramaswamis had three babies, Albany and Goneril also had three babies (all blond girls), and Kent Capp got abducted and had an alien child.
#6444 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 6:51 PM
Same old story with Sugar Baker... she is really good at making decisions that hurt herself and others. After marrying Anthony Perry only to realize that he's broke, Sugar is already looking elsewhere. She went on a meaningless date with a townie, which pissed off Anthony. He thought he was doing a Good Thing by marrying very single and very pregnant Sugar and now thinks he rushed into it. He wasn't even heartbroken since he married Sugar out of convenience. He wants to chase after Brooke Jung (Evan Baker's girlfriend) now. As soon as Anthony caught Sugar cheating, she rolled wants to become friends again with both Evan Baker and Henry Piccolo... desperate times call for desperate measures.

Meanwhile at the Fromage household, things are changing for the better! The twins are now potty trained, Jack got promoted, and Ched finally learned how to study and finished 4 homeworks in one day. The family has been struggling trying to juggle four kids. I'm glad they caught a break and everyone had a good day - despite the flu going around the town.
Scholar
#6445 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 12:28 AM
I'm having a lot of fun playing the Shakes family in Veronaville and had a very eventful session. Hamnet graduated from college and reappeared at home--yay! That was quick. I guess the Story Progression Mod uses my shortened semesters. He showed no interest in moving out or getting a job, but there's really no room for him at home. Still, he's very good with Jude and cleans, and the nanny just quit because she didn't get paid, so for now he's sleeping on the couch.

Susanna has given up on doing homework and even skipped school a couple of times. I'm guessing she will not have the want to go to college when the time comes. Jude grew up to be a very cute little boy with long brown hair like his dad, except his is in a ponytail.

Anne lost her job, and money is tight. Bill took all three kids fishing in the park, and while there, he cornered Hamnet in the bathroom and told him he either needed to get a job or find his own place. Hamnet said he always wanted a career in Journalism--that was his afterschool job as a teen--so he would look for a job in that career. While they were gone, Anne pulled herself together and found another job in Music.

Hamnet decided he wanted to go on a date, so he called up Beatrice Monty, whom he befriended in college. He took her to the same fishing pond, and they had a nice date that progressed to pecks, then making out. Hamnet wanted to fall in love with her, and he easily did. Then he wanted to get engaged, and he discovered that Beatrice is secretly engaged to Tybalt Capp! He asked her to leave Tybalt, but she said no, which broke his heart. Hamnet ended the date and went home to moon about her and still wish for an engagement that could never be.

Susanna did grow up, and as predicted, she didn't want to go to college. She did want to find her own place, though, which means Hamnet now has a proper bed to sleep in.

After I finished their session, I went to check out the Capps to see what was happening there. A little while ago, Tybalt had graduated and Consort died, leaving Tybalt his businesses. Juliet fell in love with and married Tom Freshe, a graduate of Academie de Tour, so she moved in with him, and Hermia went to college, leaving Tybalt alone. It turns out Tybalt had been dating Beatrice Monty and had gotten secretly engaged to her. With the deaths of the older generation, I guess this signals the end of the Monty-Capp feud and maybe the return of peace to Veronaville. They plan to get married once Beatrice graduates.
Field Researcher
#6446 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 1:16 AM
I took the Goths on a family vacation to the far east as a consolation for Cassandra getting dumped at the altar. I booked the longest vacation, since it's the first time I've played vacation and the Goths can definitely afford it. But... I played through one day. Mortimer wanted to learn how to teleport, I met the ninja nearly straightaway, and he learned it easily after answering correctly. I got them all three tours, and also some souvenirs, and had them drink some tea and eat local cuisine. They go back to sleep for the night. And that's it, that's everything. I was bored. Everything could be done in one day??? What's the point of staying longer, then? I thought, "well, my mods are suppressing the locals, so I'd better manually spawn in a local for them to learn the gesture from", so I did, and when I tried editing the name and looks to fit in with the setting-

the game crashed.

Ugh. I have to replay that boring day all over again? I'll open it up at least to spawn in a few locals and hope the game doesn't crash. But so far the vacation, although the Goths enjoy it, is really reallllly boring me. Maybe having some locals wander around will make the setting less barren and lonely.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Scholar
#6447 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 11:55 PM
Another eventful session in Veronaville with the Shakes family.

Jude grew up to be a Knowledge teen with long dreadlocks and he got glasses like his dad--he is very cute, but lost interest in homework and would rather skill. Anne became an elder and rolled the want to meet aliens, which I don't think I've ever seen a Family Sim do. Jude had asked for the nicer telescope for his birthday present, so she tried, but with her logic skill, I doubt it's going to happen. Hamnet got a job in Journalism and kept getting demoted and promoted, but the bonus money enabled them to finally upgrade the living room and dining room furniture--they were still using the starter furniture. Bill sold another novel and quit his job.

Hamnet didn't have a lot of romance wants, but one day he was out buying groceries when he happened to meet Juliette Capp. After chatting for a while, he felt hungry, so he asked her to go get some dessert with him just for fun. They did have fun and so he wanted to ask her for a date, which he did the next day and took her to the same restaurant. However, he didn't know she was married, and her husband was there, who slapped her for cheating, so it wasn't a great date. Tom divorced Juliette, so she started coming around to see Hamnet. I don't think he liked her that much, but she was pretty aggressive about pursuing him, so he finally took her on another date, which was a dream date, and then he wanted to propose. They got married the next day. Juliette is getting up there in years and had one chance to have a baby, so she took it and produced an heir, Alonso. Hurray! Her family started dropping round to see her; one of them was Miranda Capp (now Summerdream), and I forgot she and Hamnet had a little thing in high school. He must have flirted with her or something--I didn't see it--but Juliette got insanely jealous. She doesn't want to break up but she is barely talking to him. She even invited Romeo around while Hamnet was at work for old time's sake, but fortunately Alonso became a toddler and she got distracted with wanting to teach him skills, so nothing happened there.
Theorist
#6448 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 2:08 AM Last edited by Orphalesion : 21st Apr 2021 at 2:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nottakenaway
I took the Goths on a family vacation to the far east as a consolation for Cassandra getting dumped at the altar. I booked the longest vacation, since it's the first time I've played vacation and the Goths can definitely afford it. But... I played through one day. Mortimer wanted to learn how to teleport, I met the ninja nearly straightaway, and he learned it easily after answering correctly. I got them all three tours, and also some souvenirs, and had them drink some tea and eat local cuisine. They go back to sleep for the night. And that's it, that's everything. I was bored. Everything could be done in one day??? What's the point of staying longer, then? I thought, "well, my mods are suppressing the locals, so I'd better manually spawn in a local for them to learn the gesture from", so I did, and when I tried editing the name and looks to fit in with the setting-

the game crashed.

Ugh. I have to replay that boring day all over again? I'll open it up at least to spawn in a few locals and hope the game doesn't crash. But so far the vacation, although the Goths enjoy it, is really reallllly boring me. Maybe having some locals wander around will make the setting less barren and lonely.

I avoid vacations like the plague in Sims, but iirc you can end a vacation early (I think it's either through the phone or the receptionist?) , if it bores you.
I can't even remember how long the longest vacation is? Like how many days?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Field Researcher
#6449 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 10:58 AM
My BACC town has a lot of drama and what's turning out to be a pretty tangled family tree.

Here are the players.
The Brown family: Sid and his daughter Kim.
The Flores family: Elena and her son Marco.
The Padraig family: Just Eileen.

When they all moved to town, Sid and Eileen got engaged. Elena and Eileen were best friends. Elena danced with Eileen ONE time and Eileen got a crush (unreciprocated), then became infuriated when she saw Elena flirt with someone else. This is despite being engaged to Sid.

Alright, friendship over. Sid and Eileen got married. Only problem is, Sid and Elena have really high chemistry. Three lightning bolts.

Fast forward - Sid and Eileen are like 3 days away from elderhood. Eileen is a Family sim, but they only had one child (Gavin) because they were focusing on their careers (Politics and Education). Right now, Sid has two children - Kim and her half-brother, Gavin.

Kim and Marco are the only two kids their age, and they have a lot in common, so they started dating as teenagers despite their parents' history.

I'm playing with Random Occurrence Scenarios, and I roll the challenge for Elena to get pregnant with the sim with whom she has the highest chemistry. Which is Sid. Whose wife is insanely jealous and who can't have any more children, even though she wants them. Whose daughter dated Elena's son. There's no way this is ending well, but I respect the virtual dice too much to back out.

So Elena invites Sid over. She seduces him ridiculously easily. We hear the lullaby and that's that.

Except meanwhile, Marco and Kim are on their first date since they both became adults, and they simultaneously rolled the wish to get engaged. So of course, I let them.

They come back to the Flores house and woohoo for the very first time. In the same bed that their parents used to conceive their half-sibling. Ew.

Elena gives birth, and it's twins. A boy and a girl. I was going to move Marco out to live with Kim, but I think his mom needs help raising his brother and sister (and future brother-in-law/sister-in-law).

Here's a handy family tree I threw together in Paint:

(I messed up the color-coding. The line from Elena to Marco should be blue. But you get the picture.)

It'll become even worse when Kim and Marco have kids. Also, just to throw a wrench in, Eileen and Marco have chemistry. So hopefully that won't go anywhere.

Bonus: Before Elena gave birth, Marco threw a party and invited Sid and Eileen. He actually has studied couple's counseling and wants to be a lawyer, so he offered his services. Sid's for it, but Eileen is emphatically not interested.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#6450 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 10:38 PM
I open up the Capp family and see Juliette and Romeo outside. They autonomously have a romantic smooch, and Consort Capp comes over and pokes Romeo, surprise surprise. And then- Lo! Juliette Noogies Romeo! And then Consort and Juliette compete for the next interaction, and Juliette wins to Pillow Fight Romeo while Consort has Slap Romeo queued up for an uncomfortably long time while he scowls at them both. Only now did he finally drop it from the queu.

Like, Juliette just started "fighting" Romeo to appease Consort, and then to mock the feud with their cutesy play fight. Juliette, that's darling, that feathers are flying rather than blood, but that's a bit gauche, don't you think? haha

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Page 258 of 350