Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#9101 Old 7th Apr 2021 at 4:39 PM
I noticed that years ago as well! I don't think it's licence free, but the BBC must have bought it for use in that context.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#9102 Old 7th Apr 2021 at 8:26 PM
The dance moms girls also did a dance to some sims 3 build music! Abby Lee seems to have had some time to play when she was sitting for embezzlement lol
Forum Resident
#9103 Old 7th Apr 2021 at 8:49 PM
I've heard The Sims 3 build music on tv too, in some Swedish show about renovating and interior stuff, so it was pretty fitting.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#9104 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Yes I know all of that but right now I am thinking it would be great to have at least for some objects worn out state when their value drops really low. Especially for repairable objects because I don't see any reason why my sims could tinker with them though they have that option.

==
I would love to see that 100 year old bed break - but not into a little pile of wood, at a random time; when a couple are bouncing around (you know what I mean) the bed should crash into big pieces.
And speaking of bouncing, when a kid jumps on a bed it should randomly break!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#9105 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 5:00 PM
That any kind of music will set pixels off to the smustle.

At the Arundel town hall, there were 2 playing a recorder and a violin-and a smustle chain started.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Link Ninja
#9106 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 6:23 PM
awhile I ago I reported seeing a disgruntled teen ruin a completed painting but yesterday I was on a community lot and the SAME disgruntled teen happened to show up and there happened to be a lemonade stand on the lot and the teen busted it apart like it was a dollhouse! I didn't know the lemonade stand would be in peril from low-aspiration teens! I really need to get that teen some aspiration points before she destroys everything.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#9107 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
awhile I ago I reported seeing a disgruntled teen ruin a completed painting but yesterday I was on a community lot and the SAME disgruntled teen happened to show up and there happened to be a lemonade stand on the lot and the teen busted it apart like it was a dollhouse! I didn't know the lemonade stand would be in peril from low-aspiration teens! I really need to get that teen some aspiration points before she destroys everything.

Nothing is safe from low aspiration teens, not even their friends! One time, a low aspiration Mercutio picked a fight with Miranda, who he was friends with at the time. Well, not *after* that, but before they definitely had a good relationship
Instructor
#9108 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Not something discovered in game, but quite interesting yet bizarre...

So my nephew had CBeebies on today... I could have sworn I heard Sims 2 Build / Buy Mode music playing; I think it was one of the songs that came with Family Fun Stuff, but I'm not certain. I don't even know what show it was that used it, however this wasn't my first time hearing Sims music on this channel, as I heard Sims 3 music once months ago, too. It was so bizarre hearing it outside of the game.

This brings the question... is Sims music, license free or something? Or had I even heard the music right?

I keep hearing certain Sims 3 build/buy/neighborhood songs from the base game and world adventures since late 2015 on Hungarian bonus/minor-news-broadcasts/shows. They would play it during financial or leisure stuff.
Mad Poster
#9109 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 9:47 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 10th Apr 2021 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Added second reply
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Nothing is safe from low aspiration teens, not even their friends! One time, a low aspiration Mercutio picked a fight with Miranda, who he was friends with at the time. Well, not *after* that, but before they definitely had a good relationship
'Shame on you, Mercutio! Miranda is a lovely girl. She deserves a lot better than you.'

I don't know if I've ever completely forgiven Mercutio for hitting Hermia the very first time I met him. Hermia hasn't forgiven him either.

Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
And speaking of bouncing, when a kid jumps on a bed it should randomly break!
Even more so when an overweight adult (who should know better) jumps on a bed!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#9110 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 10:17 AM
When a child picks up a violin, the violin changes to a small version!
Forum Resident
#9111 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 1:14 PM
Kids can steal newspapers. I feel like I should've seen it before since I've had tons of grouchy kids the last couple of years, but I only ever remember adults and teens doing it.

I am Error.
Lab Assistant
#9112 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 10:36 PM
I don't know if this is a glitch. But apparently the slouch pose that lazy sims do can overlay drinking punch, making them look... well. Rather interesting.

Also, I've just noticed the punch is pink! ::shrug:: Shows how much I pay attention. I guess I just never really looked at it and assumed it was the same bluish white colour as water.
Screenshots

Why not be kind?
Scholar
#9113 Old 12th Apr 2021 at 4:38 AM
Not in-game, but relevant research -- I finally realized why the Tinkers have recessive brown eyes that had me thinking Melody was the result of an IVF mixup until her born-in-game siblings also had brown eyes. Stephen and Wanda have dark blue eyes, which for some reason Maxis made codominant with brown, although light blue is recessive to brown. How could that have ever looked like it made any sense? I'm seriously thinking someone mistyped the genetic values and it never got corrected... At any rate, Nopke's mod for more realistic genetics will be in all future hoods of mine (it'll have the nice side effect of slightly more red hair and green eyes as well!) and Melody's origins are part of my official headcanon for her.

In reference to bed-jumping, is that quite as fun as Sim kids seem to find it? I don't find it quite as strange as the desire to be swung around by a larger Sim, which I've seen a lot of in Bayside Flats, but they both fall in the category of things I wouldn't have ever considered appealing amusements when I was small enough for them to be marginally safe, along with jumping on sofas or doing yoga on coffee tables. (I was once accused of jumping on a bed by an irate adult, and was bewildered by the idea I'd want to do such a thing. I still don't know who messed up her perfectly made bed!) That's something else I've discovered -- Sims find vertigo fun!

As for adult "bed-bouncing", it would be hilarious if breaking the bed drew anyone who happened to be in rooms below the bedroom upstairs to see what the noise was about, with suitable reactions -- especially if they'd been sleeping, and including apartment neighbours doing the noise reaction! Being woken up by that happening upstairs sounds like the ceiling's about to cave in on top of you.
Field Researcher
#9114 Old 12th Apr 2021 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freefalldreams
In reference to bed-jumping, is that quite as fun as Sim kids seem to find it? I don't find it quite as strange as the desire to be swung around by a larger Sim, which I've seen a lot of in Bayside Flats, but they both fall in the category of things I wouldn't have ever considered appealing amusements when I was small enough for them to be marginally safe, along with jumping on sofas or doing yoga on coffee tables.

I loooved being swung around as a kid, my father would do it often when we were on the beach. Also being carried on my father's shoulders! It was heart breaking when I started being too big for him to lift me easily. And jumping on beds was kinda fun too, especially to annoy my parents on purpose
Different personalities I guess
Forum Resident
#9115 Old 12th Apr 2021 at 11:57 AM
I never jumped on the bed when I was little, but then again I lived with three sisters and so we had bunk beds... imagine trying to bounce on that As for being swung around, that never happened with me often, but when it did I enjoyed it. Funnily enough, it was my older cousin who swung me around, not my Dad. Again, I never got what the deal was about jumping on beds, I didn't even jump on the couch as it didn't interest me. However, I did like spinning around on the spot until I felt dizzy enough to collapse on the couch... I think I just found watching the world spin fascinating or something.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#9116 Old 12th Apr 2021 at 3:25 PM
My children broke sofa. Not only springs went through cloth but they broke wooden frame too. My husband repaired everything and replaced cloth too (At least he had something to do at home).Lesson learned, I never heard that my grandchildren jump on bed or sofa.
Mad Poster
#9117 Old 12th Apr 2021 at 5:59 PM
We used to love bouncing on the bed, and on the sofa! But Mom and Dad's bed was the best one to jump on and we weren't allowed. We did it anyway, but we weren't allowed. We didn't get swung around by older people that I remember, but we did spin in circles, and join hands to twirl each other in circles, until we were so dizzy we fell down. It was pleasant in those days, not like the sickening vertigo I get now I'm grown up without a functioning gyroscope.

Young children, especially at the junction of toddler and child, which isn't a thing in sims, need activities like this in order to calibrate their bodies' systems for orienting themselves in the world.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#9118 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yourfriendmichelle
I don't know if this is a glitch. But apparently the slouch pose that lazy sims do can overlay drinking punch, making them look... well. Rather interesting.

Also, I've just noticed the punch is pink! ::shrug:: Shows how much I pay attention. I guess I just never really looked at it and assumed it was the same bluish white colour as water.

Yea, "it's just punch". ..or juice.. and Sims get juiced on either one.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#9119 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
I did like spinning around on the spot until I felt dizzy enough to collapse on the couch... I think I just found watching the world spin fascinating or something.
I think I still like doing that! The last time I did it must be about 10 years ago, because the children I was playing with are in their twenties now, so I'd be about 60. I don't think I ever did it on a bed or a sofa. As a child I just spun round wherever I was -- usually on the living room floor. When I did it as an adult, we were playing on an overgrown lawn with plenty of long grass to cushion my fall when I fell over. You've got further to fall when you're bigger. So when the two children I was with spun round, got dizzy, and fell over, I just did the same. And found that I still enjoyed the sensation as much as I had done when I was their age, or younger! One of the children had previously said that they liked playing with me because I didn't play like a grown-up -- I played like another child. (I took that as a compliment!) So I had a reputation to live up to (or down to?). Seeing I'm like this myself, I can hardly complain if some my grown-up Sims sometimes behave like children.

I was going to say that Sims don't spin round like that, but of course they do -- every time they change their clothes. They generally manage to do it without falling over too. (Some of mine fall over when trying to dance, but that maybe isn't so surprising when they're wearing Knightskykyte's huge platform boots with monster high heels.)

About this spinning round to change your clothes, do you think Andrew might teach me to do it if I asked him really nicely?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#9120 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 9:49 PM
PC / TV, sprinkler nearby, hire Butler, add Break Inducer. Try to pull prank on sprinkler the time the Butler tries to fix your electronics. Fun time getting him killed before the day is over!
Top Secret Researcher
#9121 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 6:11 AM
Regarding jumping on the bed. My parents took me to Disney land Paris when I was 4/5 and they asked me after what was the most fun thing about the trip and I said jumping on the bed at the hotel.
Well spent money!

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#9122 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 9:28 AM
Confession: I did actually jump on my bed and broke it. Because I was smaller then than I am now (5'1) I'm amazed that it happened. I'm sure that my parents were not. I don't remember much about what happened after that, but I made sure I never did it again.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Forum Resident
#9123 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 4:12 PM
The shack in the woods at 10 Oak Street in Pleasantview. Too bad I'm only playing in Strangetown at the moment, because I adore that house. And I'm annoyed I didn't know about it when one of my sims quit her at-home business and sold her ginormous house to live a more simple and down-scaled life, because that house would've been perfect for her.

I am Error.
Theorist
#9124 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kligma
The shack in the woods at 10 Oak Street in Pleasantview. Too bad I'm only playing in Strangetown at the moment, because I adore that house. And I'm annoyed I didn't know about it when one of my sims quit her at-home business and sold her ginormous house to live a more simple and down-scaled life, because that house would've been perfect for her.

Love that lot.
That's where Don and Nina's vampire son was hiding out when I played my over-dramatic Emo-pop fuelled Sims storylines back when I was like 13 Good times.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#9125 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Love that lot.
That's where Don and Nina's vampire son was hiding out when I played my over-dramatic Emo-pop fuelled Sims storylines back when I was like 13 Good times.

Now, that would have been worth reading about!

Page 365 of 445