Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#126 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 8:17 PM
Well I am having a tough time... My 7 person family is starving, accept one and that's because it found a random lettuce and it's only day 26.

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#127 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 8:38 PM Last edited by MistyDW : 6th Mar 2014 at 2:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simlover7114
Well I am having a tough time... My 7 person family is starving, accept one and that's because it found a random lettuce and it's only day 26.

Unfortunately that is the downfall of such a large group so early on. It takes time to get a garden growing (make sure you at least have sprinklers going until you move to the shack). My only advice is buy a firepit and roast marshmallows until you move to the shack (a small cheat) then save up all your food for the final push to the end. Technically roasting marshmallows is not in the rules so you'd have to make an exception in your own game if you choose to go that route.
Test Subject
#128 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 10:17 PM
I'm doing this challenge myself right now, I've never felt so driven to do a challenge! I started off with a young adult named Gemma who's dating some guy, they get separated when the doomsday starts. Gemma happens to be pregnant, however. Sadly, her boyfriend dies from the virus and now she's left raising the kid alone :D

Love the challenge!
Test Subject
#129 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 10:26 PM
And oh my god, I have to kill the toddler.
Oh my god.
Why?
This makes me feel like I'm a horrible person.
I liked that kid too.
She was the only toddler in the sims that didn't annoy me too much...
Why?...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#130 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Griffindork-Nep
Oh my god.
Why?
I liked that kid too.
Why?...

What happened? How did the toddler come in contact with the virus?
Instructor
#131 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 10:59 PM
Came up with this in my game, and I thought I'd share it.
If you have Pets EP, there should be a small decor item called 2-in-1 Buckets. They're just dirty, rusty-looking buckets, and I'm sure the old trader would be happy to trade any small item for this set.
I liked the idea of a water pump and the rain water harvest, and I was looking through the decor when the trader came to see what I would trade, I found the buckets, and came up with this little plan for when it rains.
1 set of the 2-in-1 Buckets + 1 hour of rain = 1 extra toilet flush
2 sets of the 2-in-1 Buckets + 2 hours of rain = 1 extra bath.
Instead of using the city's supply of water, you're just catching the rain water and pouring it in the tub/toilet.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#132 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
Came up with this in my game, and I thought I'd share it.
If you have Pets EP, there should be a small decor item called 2-in-1 Buckets. They're just dirty, rusty-looking buckets, and I'm sure the old trader would be happy to trade any small item for this set.
I liked the idea of a water pump and the rain water harvest, and I was looking through the decor when the trader came to see what I would trade, I found the buckets, and came up with this little plan for when it rains.
1 set of the 2-in-1 Buckets + 1 hour of rain = 1 extra toilet flush
2 sets of the 2-in-1 Buckets + 2 hours of rain = 1 extra bath.
Instead of using the city's supply of water, you're just catching the rain water and pouring it in the tub/toilet.

That is an amazing idea!
Test Subject
#133 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistyDW
What happened? How did the toddler come in contact with the virus?

She came in contact with it via, well, I'm kinda embarrassed to say this but since Gemma was the only one with actual skill points, for the um, science lab tests thing, I had to leave the toddler with someone as I lacked any other household members and so I sinned by calling the babysitter, not realizing that I was setting myself up for death.

Coincidentally, it was the toddler's birthday.

So now, it is very likely for my sim to become some old hag who eats fresh lettuce for breakfast and hasn't spoken to a man since her young adult years...
Field Researcher
#134 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 12:17 AM
Oh my god.
Why?
I liked that kid too.
Why?...

How do you kill toddler?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#135 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 12:24 AM
If I were you, I'd consider "risking" introducing her to a man from town. Make sure her athletics is all the way up if at all possible. If you fail the first virus check (even if you pass the 2nd and survive the virus), the guy still has the virus and you'll have to try someone else. If you can pass the first virus check then the guy is clean and a prospective mate. Beggars can't be choosers in an apocalypse!
Test Subject
#136 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 12:49 AM
If I were you, I'd consider "risking" introducing her to a man from town. Make sure her athletics is all the way up if at all possible. If you fail the first virus check (even if you pass the 2nd and survive the virus), the guy still has the virus and you'll have to try someone else. If you can pass the first virus check then the guy is clean and a prospective mate. Beggars can't be choosers in an apocalypse!

I have no clue why I never thought of that, oh god. Instead of introducing her to a nice, neighborly man, I had the bestideaever to supposedly her get married to the lost child who came overnight. Oh dear, that would not be pretty at all.
I am so glad that you told me that. -cries softly in a corner-

Thanks for the idea! :D
Test Subject
#137 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lop90804
How do you kill toddler?

Normally, it is virtually impossible to kill them without master controller.
However, I tend to just age them up to a child and drown them for the fun of it. :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#138 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 2:42 AM
Normally, it is virtually impossible to kill them without master controller.
However, I tend to just age them up to a child and drown them for the fun of it. :D

OMG LOL. Wait...I'm worse. I created some weird guy, called him the grim reaper, put him on a lot and just transferred any kids over there. After a while I bulldozed it lol.

Here is a little tidbit I'll let you guys know. Can you believe I already have another TWO challenges I'm working on. One is pretty much DONE. OMG I have no life. Sad part is I feel like I've flooded the board with challenges so I won't even post them for at least another week and a half....good grief. By the time I put those up, I'll probably have more waiting. Wow. I need another hobby.
Test Subject
#139 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 2:52 AM
OMG LOL. Wait...I'm worse. I created some weird guy, called him the grim reaper, put him on a lot and just transferred any kids over there. After a while I bulldozed it lol.

Here is a little tidbit I'll let you guys know. Can you believe I already have another TWO challenges I'm working on. One is pretty much DONE. OMG I have no life. Sad part is I feel like I've flooded the board with challenges so I won't even post them for at least another week and a half....good grief.

I remember when I was younger I'd make a full family of unattractive people with ironic or random names and place them into a unpainted, burned house. The ashes of previously murdered sims would be there, along with trash and etc. I think I had, at the end of it, over fourteen sims dead.

Younger me was a wild one, lol.

Two challenges? Ooh, this is gonna be good. And well, you only have three or so, but I doubt anyone would mind another addition to your growing challenge invasion. Looking forward to seeing them! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#140 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 2:55 AM
Thanks but I don't want to spread anyone too thin with all these challenges.
One is my take on the teen mom challenge. It's a different spin on it and you can go down a lighter or darker path (speaking of your house with dead people, you'd probably like the darker alternative lol). The other is a murder/mystery challenge.
Instructor
#141 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 3:11 AM
That murder/mystery one sounds really fun! :D
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 4:18 AM
Im dead in the water on these until I can get my game updated which on dial up is just so much fun... LOL I can't get into University. If I pull the kids out of my library and place them in it has them in as though they are in the middle of a semester and makes them buy the property instead of rent. If I try to just send them from the family they aren't there to put in a house at all and if I try to select a group of kids that are already there... It says they have over 2 billion dollars and this is after I removed my entire mod folder and rebooted the computer.

I need university in order to move the kids from this family over to Pt 2. So, I guess while I am trying to download the updates, I will be working on the advanced version of VTM.
Field Researcher
#143 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 8:00 PM
Mistress Tiffany's idea for the 2-in-1 buckets made me think that you could use the buckets to go to the bathroom in by "viewing" them and then move the bladder bar using the testingcheatsenabled true. And then use the other 2 2-in-1 buckets for bathing! :D

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Test Subject
#144 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 10:29 PM
Alright, the daily update! Gemma managed to meet a nice neighborhood dude and gave birth to TWINS! However, these twins turned out to be a monstrosity as Gemma could not leave the house anymore, if she had, the babysitters would have murdered them like her first child. The lost child, who is named Ferris, is trying to improve his smarts in the hopes that he could make something of himself one day.

The only problem is our nonexistent garden.
Instructor
#145 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlover7114
Mistress Tiffany's idea for the 2-in-1 buckets made me think that you could use the buckets to go to the bathroom in by "viewing" them and then move the bladder bar using the testingcheatsenabled true. And then use the other 2 2-in-1 buckets for bathing! :D

Why use indoor plumbing when you have buckets, right?
Alchemist
#146 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 2:29 AM
The only problem is our nonexistent garden.

Take the twins with you on one of your allowed outings, and raid any local plants for produce.
Instructor
#147 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 4:04 PM
Where to go when you're low on produce:
Sunset Valley: Central Park, Abandoned Warehouse, Science Facility, Working Friends Household, Various Ponds and Fishing Spots
Moonlight Falls: Roommates Vegan. I don't know if there's any other spots, but I don't bother with them. Roommates Vegan has the largest garden I've probably ever seen in The Sims 3. Although I have noticed most of the residents have one or two plants outside of their home, so a stroll down a few neighborhoods might be ideal.
Twinbrook: Twinbrook Community Gardens. I don't bother anywhere else.
Isla Paradiso: Ichataca Community Garden
Bridgeport: Ocean View Apartments
Appaloosa Plains: Curley Household, Fox Household, Riffin Household, Loveland Household and Miller Household
Around one of the City Halls there is a few harvestable plants, but I can't remember which one. I'm leaning toward Moonlight Falls, but I could be wrong.
A don't forget that if you have Supernatural, it came with indoor pot planters for those harsh winters.
Field Researcher
#148 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 7:49 PM
Why use indoor plumbing when you have buckets, right?

Of course! And it also saves the water for bathing, so that's a plus.

Instructor
#149 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 11:03 PM
Ah, my Sims just made it past the final day! Super happy to move onto part II. :D
Test Subject
#150 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 11:57 PM
Where to go when you're low on produce:
Sunset Valley: Central Park, Abandoned Warehouse, Science Facility, Working Friends Household, Various Ponds and Fishing Spots
Moonlight Falls: Roommates Vegan. I don't know if there's any other spots, but I don't bother with them. Roommates Vegan has the largest garden I've probably ever seen in The Sims 3. Although I have noticed most of the residents have one or two plants outside of their home, so a stroll down a few neighborhoods might be ideal.
Twinbrook: Twinbrook Community Gardens. I don't bother anywhere else.
Isla Paradiso: Ichataca Community Garden
Bridgeport: Ocean View Apartments
Appaloosa Plains: Curley Household, Fox Household, Riffin Household, Loveland Household and Miller Household
Around one of the City Halls there is a few harvestable plants, but I can't remember which one. I'm leaning toward Moonlight Falls, but I could be wrong.
A don't forget that if you have Supernatural, it came with indoor pot planters for those harsh winters.

Oh em gee, thanks! We are slowly getting better, though it sucks that I don't have supernatural, the winters are dreadful. ;-;
Almost finished, too! :D
Page 6 of 17