Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#51 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 9:32 PM
I don't know. At first you were having serious problems finding the files. What is your most recent EP? Maybe you still aren't looking in the right place?

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 10:28 PM
Finally, I resolved everything!!! Thank you everybody, for helping me, especially tiggerypum!

If you have a request please explain it thoroughly! (At least one and a half paragraphs & supply the needed pictures / meshes, or else I will throw it away without looking at it and I will not "PM" you that I will not do it.)
Test Subject
#53 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 3:50 AM
But I have one question. I am uploading my file, and I want to attach a picture to it, but how do I take a picture of my Create A Sim CAS, while I am using it to Create A Sim?

If you have a request please explain it thoroughly! (At least one and a half paragraphs & supply the needed pictures / meshes, or else I will throw it away without looking at it and I will not "PM" you that I will not do it.)
Test Subject
#54 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 3:35 PM
Thank you so much! You don't know how much you helped me.

BTW this site rocks!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#55 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 10:17 PM
Dragon Hacker - use your system's ability to take a screenshot with the printscreen key. Then alt-tab out of the game, and paste your picture into a paint program. Crop/resize it as necessary - mts2 doesn't accept full screen size shots, so just scale it do to 700 wide or something and save in jpg format and it should be useable.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Field Researcher
#56 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 5:47 AM
Thank you sooooo much for the tut. I came up with a very lovely CAS screen thanks to you. It was so easy to follow and I just had a blast making it. Thank you again.
Test Subject
#57 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 9:35 PM
It Doesn't Work!
Some reason none of the files show up... just some saying like unistall and stuff
(_0_) (_0_)
C

Jesus is my buddy! If he's yours, put this in you siggy!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 9:59 PM
Ok, you need to be a little more specific about what the issue is. Is your game installed? Are you looking in the right place?
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 7:43 PM
Thanks a lot for this tutorial :D

My result is
here , here and here If anyone cares XD

Thanks for this again!

Check out mysite? d-_-b
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#60 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 11:22 PM
BloodyAngel, great job, congrats!

Lab Assistant
#61 Old 17th Dec 2006 at 6:21 PM
I followed everything and put the files in the right places and the cas screen still showed up as the original one.

Rascal Flatts *heart*
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#62 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 5:34 AM
Hmm, how many times did you 'try' this. Did you really go over all the instructions carefully again. I suggest moving your new file out to the desktop for safekeeping, and start over - just making a SIMPLE change to your CAS house that will be obvious, until you get it worked through.

Test Subject
#63 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 8:11 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 22nd Dec 2006 at 8:14 PM. Reason: Please, don't quote the whole tutorial when replying :)
Default WHere do you find
Where do you find the CAS! screen names once you open up the sims 2 folder???
Part-time Hermit
#64 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 8:16 PM
See the tutorial, which says the following:

C/program files/ea games/The Sims 2 Open for Business (or whatever your most current expansion or booster pack is)/ TSData/Res/Global Lots.
Scholar
#65 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Loslonelyboys201
I followed everything and put the files in the right places and the cas screen still showed up as the original one.

Also you should delete "group Cache" in:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2

also delete contents of thumbnails folder, the game recreates these every time you play.
xo

Rhondalatte's Custom CAS screens: http://blackpearlsims.com/ (formerly known as Reflex forum)

DeesElegantDecor - Beautiful furnishings:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DeesElegantDecor/
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 10:36 PM
Hmm, I have a question. I read the tut (about making a custom CAS screen) over at MikeInside and it said nothing about a new neighborhood. Does someone know if it's ok to place the CAS lot in an excisting neighborhood?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#67 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 11:20 PM
Uhm, the new neighborhood was created solely for the purpose of being able to _find_ your cas house to get a copy to modify; please read the directions more carefully. When you're done, you put your new cas house in any neighborhood(s) you wish.

Lab Assistant
#68 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vashti71
:-) Not that way, but there is another way you can do it... Keep in mind cats and dogs are normal members of the family, so you can decorate the part where you assemble your family appropriately and photograph them there.

occasionally when i make a pet, a stray generates in the house and wanders around the room. once it just kept walking out of the screen and coming back with the big red - sign above its head, as in the photographer shooed it away from him.
:D
Test Subject
#69 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 6:07 AM
I cant find the devices with removable storage??
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#70 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 6:27 AM
UnderWear, what does that have to do with this tutorial?

Test Subject
#71 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 7:49 AM
Well.. I have downloaded a custom CAS and.. you need to find devices with removalbe storage
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#72 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 2:52 PM
If you downloaded someone else's CAS just put it in your downloads folder. If you don't know how to download and put things into your game, go look for info in the GAME HELP section.

This tutorial is for making your own unique CAS. You don't need any devices with removable storage, you need to get files or put files on your hard drives. The word 'storage' isn't even in the tutorial. You seem to be very confused -- perhaps you should go read the tutorial again very very carefully.

Test Subject
#73 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Judfer
You can get it off your game CD.

Look here: MyComputer/ Devices With Removable Storage/Sims2EP3_1(D: )/Compressed.zip and then inside go to: TSData/Res/GlobalLots/CAS! and YACAS!

On your computer you should go to MyComputer/Hard Disk Drives/Local Drive (C: )/Program Files/EAGames/The Sims 2 Open for Business/TSData/Res/Global Lots/CAS! and YCAS!

It has to be there, otherwise you would not be able to open CAS in your game.

Try it.
Here.. it says that
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#74 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 3:14 AM
#1 The comments _in the thread_ are not an official part of the tutorial. You should be able to find an original CAS file by following the tutorial alone. Frankly, the CAS _must be on your hard drive_ or you game wouldn't work.

#2 Judfer is telling people they can also get an original CAS off of one of their game CDs. Removable storage is your CD drive (among other things, it could also be a tape drive if you had one).

--
At any rate, this tutorial expects you to be able to find files on your own system's hard drive (or CD drives). References to things like hard drive or CD drive names (like C are irrelevant, no one knows exactly what configuration your system has - although the folder structure and file names _are_ important. If you can't find things, you need to sit back, think, and then look and think some more. Your Sims game does have folders installed someplace on one of your hard drives; this tutorial only shows the standard installation.

Lab Assistant
#75 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 9:39 AM
yay!! thank you soooo much for this tutorial!! because of this i am able to make the CAS of my dreams!! thanks!
Page 3 of 11