Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#1476 Old 2nd May 2012 at 3:15 AM
I want something really minor to be included in the rumoured Uni EP (because it seems it fits better since it's college).
I don't really know how to describe it but I know that if a sim sleeps in a bed more than once, it's "their" bed and they've claimed it and usually no one else sleeps in it. I wish they could add that to other things, like a favourite spot to eat (cause it's a pain when you have your family dinner and 4 of them are sitting in the dining room and then 1 dumbass goes to the back patio and eats), a favourite spot on the couch for watching tv, etc.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1477 Old 2nd May 2012 at 2:02 PM
Theme Parks! I have wanted these back in the game ever since I played Makin' Magic! I used to LOVE piecing together my own rollercoasters and then watching my, and other, Sims ride them.
Would probably work best as a seperate world destination that you could visit for a weekend or so. I can't imagine many people have room left in their current games to go adding any more new lot types. I know I don't, and theme parks aren't exactly going to fit the aesthetics of all worlds either.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#1478 Old 2nd May 2012 at 2:13 PM
Still rooting for the return of subhoods here. We have the capabilities for them in WA, but for some reason no more came of them. They were a bit overused in TS2. I mean, really? A whole new connected neighborhood just for shopping? But I liked the Universities, Downtowns and Magical Realm (TS1) and it would be so handy, if you want the ability to go to a highrise area while playing a small farming community.
Scholar
#1479 Old 2nd May 2012 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alliteration
Still rooting for the return of subhoods here. We have the capabilities for them in WA, but for some reason no more came of them. They were a bit overused in TS2. I mean, really? A whole new connected neighborhood just for shopping? But I liked the Universities, Downtowns and Magical Realm (TS1) and it would be so handy, if you want the ability to go to a highrise area while playing a small farming community.

Me too! Personally, I think the perfect return for the subhood would be the magic ep...
Top Secret Researcher
#1480 Old 2nd May 2012 at 6:25 PM
Im finding it hard to "decide". I want so many things mentioned in the survey.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#1481 Old 2nd May 2012 at 7:56 PM
I love, love, love the descriptions of that Weather EP. I am definitely hoping it is true and not just some made up crap. Please, please!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#1482 Old 3rd May 2012 at 5:00 PM Last edited by iheartcowcapoos : 22nd May 2012 at 10:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Seth_soul
If it will be a fairy/magic EP only, I'm gonna quit the Sims serie... Ea is just turning the Sims franchise into a bunch of crap

I miss Maxis !

i wouldn't quite go that far. although a fantasy/magic ep doesn't appeal to me personally, i do think it will be (if it happens) a good choice on EA's part, and i'll have to give them some credit. the idea of this EP may not appeal to you or me, but it does appeal to a large portion of the sims community. the fact that they would make an EP like this means that they might actually be listening to what the community wants. it seems that EA has really been ignoring most of the community and dishing out trivial things that would only appeal to a small (very small) demographic, such as that katy perry crap they pulled out of their butts. if they released a magic EP, good for them, they're listening! now whether or not they do it right will be another story all together...
now only if they'd listen to us about weather instead of stringing us along for our money and waiting to release it later =P
p.s. i miss maxis too!
Field Researcher
#1483 Old 3rd May 2012 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Theme Parks! I have wanted these back in the game ever since I played Makin' Magic! I used to LOVE piecing together my own rollercoasters and then watching my, and other, Sims ride them.
Would probably work best as a seperate world destination that you could visit for a weekend or so. I can't imagine many people have room left in their current games to go adding any more new lot types. I know I don't, and theme parks aren't exactly going to fit the aesthetics of all worlds either.

That sounds like a fun idea but I can picture a lot of those rides being rabbit holes.
Test Subject
#1484 Old 6th May 2012 at 5:06 AM
Between seasons and Magic IDK what to think :s

Those two are probably the top 2 expansions on my want list, I just hope we don't end up with one and not the other
Mad Poster
#1485 Old 6th May 2012 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sugar Rave
Between seasons and Magic IDK what to think :s

Those two are probably the top 2 expansions on my want list, I just hope we don't end up with one and not the other

It could be worse. We could get both in one pack meaning the features are only half-arsed versions of what they could be if they get their own dedicated packs.

Top Secret Researcher
#1486 Old 11th May 2012 at 4:16 PM
I want a Domestic Diva expansion. Most of the previous expansions have been focused on giving our sims reasons to go away from the home lot; traveling in World Adventures, interactive careers in Ambitions, barhopping and clubbing in Late Night, getting into the spotlight in SHT. Pets bucked the trend, and Generations gave me more of what I enjoy in The Sims than any of the other EPs.

But I want moar: dinner parties that are all about sims socializing, cocktail parties that are all about sims socializing, 'frat' parties that are all about sims socializing, neighborhood block parties, etc., more emphasis on parties in general (the current ones don't seem to have much going on and they are always over too soon); how about home and garden shows where sims compete to win recognition for growing the best rose bushes or something like that, or want to be recognized for having the best looking front lawn. With all the talk about seasons/weather, how about the sims in town decorating their homes for the holidays and other sims come around to admire the decorations. I just want more sim-to-sim interactions and less busy-work kind of stuff.

Why can't the kids set the table? Why is a meal only one course with only one item? Hello? Entree and side dishes anyone? Why does only one sim prepare the meal rather than getting multiple sims involved? I want more family stuff.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Top Secret Researcher
#1487 Old 11th May 2012 at 6:44 PM
I love that idea zigersimmer!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Scholar
#1488 Old 11th May 2012 at 9:15 PM
My top three wishes are Seasons (but of course everyone wants that), Magic, and University. Though I have to admit a carnival/theme park one would be pretty awesome. I went to a carnival last weekend, and the whole time I kept thinking, "I wish my Sims could do this!" You know you're an addict when you think more about your Sims at a carnival that what you yourself are doing. Then again, I hate carnival rides, so that might have been why. Anyway, I really hope that Seasons comes next. Swimming in the ocean & lakes are my 2 biggest wishes with that EP. :D

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Test Subject
#1489 Old 11th May 2012 at 11:09 PM
I just hope that whatever expansion they add, it adds core elements of gameplay and not just a bunch of text to read and click away like Generations mostly did. I would enjoy an Open For Business type of expansion pack the most.
Top Secret Researcher
#1490 Old 12th May 2012 at 9:27 AM
With university they could add hoods that you can visit, just not one that's just for uni but rather a city that has a campus and playable sims.
So your sim could choose if they wanted to go to uni at their hometown or the other one.

That could also mean that sims can have families living other places

Mad Poster
#1491 Old 12th May 2012 at 11:31 AM
I thought EA had said that they weren't going to do another University pack? I thought the compromise was being able to send Sims off to boarding school and college in Generations. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

Top Secret Researcher
#1492 Old 12th May 2012 at 11:48 AM
Yea I thought so too. But since it's mentioned in that survey, we can hope!

Field Researcher
#1493 Old 16th May 2012 at 10:04 AM
Some of the things I want in future EPs:
Tennis, football, hockey, baseball, etc. Sports teams. Things to do outside. Things for families to do together. Sno-cone stands that you can place in Edit Town. Beach volleyball, surfing, fire dancing/breakdancing like Bon Voyage and Apartment Life. In depth college experience like buying textbooks, exams week instead of one 3 hour exam like it was in TS2 University, online classes, getting degrees like Bachelors, Masters, etc, and degrees getting you into better jobs. Flea markets that come to town once only a few weeks with one-of-a-kind objects (that can be accessed through buydebug or something, of course), something similar to eBay where sims can bid on things that are made by other sims (sort of like an online consignment store), and getting the objects through the mail a few days later.
I doubt most of these will ever be included but I can hope, right?
Scholar
#1494 Old 16th May 2012 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I thought EA had said that they weren't going to do another University pack?

I heard they said they weren't going to do a Magic EP either.

But honestly I don't know what they actually said. The only things I have ever seen for myself that EA said were 'Magic is not the next EP' (before Showtime) and 'We are not currently working on University' (which was also before Showtime, I believe. It may have been earlier, but not much earlier). I don't know if these have just been twisted around in time on internet discussions or if EA actually said somewhere that they had no intention of making a Magic and University EP.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Theorist
#1495 Old 16th May 2012 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
I heard they said they weren't going to do a Magic EP either.

But honestly I don't know what they actually said. The only things I have ever seen for myself that EA said were 'Magic is not the next EP' (before Showtime) and 'We are not currently working on University' (which was also before Showtime, I believe. It may have been earlier, but not much earlier). I don't know if these have just been twisted around in time on internet discussions or if EA actually said somewhere that they had no intention of making a Magic and University EP.

EA did say that they weren't going to make a University EP, during the City Hall event for Generations (Either then or before that) and it was said by one of their developers, but apparently it was translated incorrectly but who knows. EA is a bunch a hoomla.
Top Secret Researcher
#1496 Old 17th May 2012 at 7:43 PM
I wish they would introduce more professions.

One could be the cleaner one so you have to go to houses and clean!

Or things like:
Trainer at the gym
Bake sales for adults/own cake shops (OFB plz )
Babysitter part time for teens or full time for adults, where you go to the homes and watch them instead of the daycare career.
Professional blogger (that other sims could read)
Farmer, go work at another sims farm

I guess a lot of these are impossible since Ambitions is already out.

Mad Poster
#1497 Old 17th May 2012 at 9:52 PM
Someone managed to get professions to work for teens recently, so being a baker might work for adults, with some animation issues.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#1498 Old 17th May 2012 at 9:58 PM
Yea. But it's sad that the community will have to provide it.

I like playing as CC limited as possible.

Mad Poster
#1499 Old 17th May 2012 at 10:01 PM
I understand. I normally do the same, but I've making more and more CC recently, so my brain is "Pro-CC at the moment."

And yes, it is sad that something so handy has bee reduced to a children's job.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#1500 Old 18th May 2012 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
I wish they would introduce more professions.

One could be the cleaner one so you have to go to houses and clean!

Or things like:
Babysitter part time for teens or full time for adults, where you go to the homes and watch them instead of the daycare career.

One of my favorite TS2 mods was one where you could choose a Sim that is friends with your household to come over and babysit your kids while you were out. This was a great way for retired grandparents to spend time with their grandkids or older siblings who have already moved out of the house or were at Uni to hang out with their younger brothers and sisters. Even when Apartment Life introduced the "Ask to Watch Kids" option, I still kept the mod in the game.

I would love to have this back where you could choose available Sims to come over and babysit in lieu of the NPC babysitter. With the open neighborhood, they could even leave the house and go to the park or the beach or a restaurant.

I also love the idea of more service sector jobs, particularly domestic services such as working as a maid, gardener, repair worker, personal chef, tutor, personal trainer, etc. Instead of my Sim going to the theater and paying for a guitar lesson, I'd rather them meet up with a Sim with maxed out guitar skills and pay them for a lesson.
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 60 of 67