Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#1051 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 10:21 PM
I made it! Third time's the charm, I guess ;D
(and yes, I did move the trash can/mailbox, but it was quite by accident and then I couldn't figure out the original placement. )

Sarah picked out the farmhouse inspired outdoor siding, and Tom fought hard for ever single plant planted on the lot. Sarah's not against vegetation by any means, but the idea of decorating their new home with bushes, trees and flowers just never occurred to her.

Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1052 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 12:55 AM
So here is my Round 4 entry, the Wilson family, with a budget of 60,000.

So with the arrival of little Daniel Sarah and Tom soon outgrew their tiny flat (apartment). Sarah had always dreamed of a little country cottage, with lots of outside space to grow their own vegetables and to have fun in. So they chose this little brick built cottage, in a tiny village in rural Hampshire (UK).

Tom loved Sarah so much that he allowed her to have her way with the countrystyle decor as long as he could have his bar and swimming pool in the garden, all safely tucked away behind a fence so that little Daniel can't fall in the pool.

Note to Judges: the smoke detector is hidden behind the wall units

Lab Assistant
#1053 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 2:55 AM
Default Hencing - Round 4
I had loads of fun doing this house. Thank you jones7659 for a fantastic contest.

So at long last, the Wilson family. I went for a fresh, cottage-y/homely feel, with white, greens and blues predominantly throughout the house.

May the force be with you because you're worth it
Lab Assistant
#1054 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 3:14 AM
I really, really like your landscaping on this one Hencing

Check Out my blog Sassy For Sims 2 and score some downloads
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#1055 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 4:58 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 6th Dec 2012 at 6:03 AM.
Coming in under the wire - could you expect anything better from all the troubles I've been having with this family? I'm not even going to bother with going over their back story again. For latest update and a short recap, Tom is into sports, he's at the top of his track and both him and little Danny's OTH is sports. Sarah is into country deco which got twisted into Nature being her OTH and is also an Ecological Guru now. Since they took their own sweet time falling in love, their careers skyrocketed and they have money coming out of their ears. Which is a good thing because Sarah and Tom want another kid or two and the house they just moved into is already too small. I'd love to tell you that Sarah is already pregnant with twins, but I'm honestly too scared to try for it yet - knowing their past troubles. They purchased this cute cottage because it's near hiking trails for Sarah and they are testing out the new neighborhood. Their small one bedroom rowhouse apartment was in Desdirata and they've moved out to Bluewater to join the rest of the contest's families. They are still shopping around for that perfect large house. I'm thinking that Pleasantview Bin farm house perhaps?

Sarah's take on 'country' is contemporary country. She doesn't care for the old grannie look because she isn't one yet. She likes things simple and bright and even sometimes a bit mismatched. While Tom is seriously into sports, he doesn't really care much about decorating. Little Daniel is the one with the most noticeable taste here. His take on 'country' is 'King and Country' so his room is a kingdom where he fights dragons. He latched on to dragons early - before he could talk, so his word for 'dragon' and 'giraffe' is 'dira'. He hasn't really figured out they aren't the same animal, so his giraffes say 'rar'. Mom and Dad thought it was adorable, so they haven't discouraged it. The best parts of this house have to be all the fantastic toddler details. They love that he loves orange, Dad's favorite color. Mom likes teal, so their wedding colors were orange and teal.

Lab Assistant
#1056 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
could you expect anything better from all the troubles I've been having with this family?

Turned out great. Well, worth the wait.
WCIF the animal pictures in the baby's room
and the slide in the backyard?

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#1057 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shaundak21
Turned out great. Well, worth the wait.
WCIF the animal pictures in the baby's room
and the slide in the backyard?
Thank you! The pictures are from SimCredibleDesigns, on this page (cuz the site is a navigation nightmare) and the slide is part of my Playground set, the link is under the word 'fort' (I was still adding in the links when you prolly asked your WCIF). The slides in particular are a tad buggy, so use at your own risk.
Lab Assistant
#1058 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Thank you!

No, Thank You! For some reason I now feel the urge to decorate my simmies houses for the holidays. Stroke of inspiration I guess.

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1059 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 12:19 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 7th Dec 2012 at 12:54 PM.
I hate to do it, but points will start coming off today. Unless you have PMed me with a good reason asking for an extension.
#1060 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 2:49 PM
I think this is the best round out of all four. These submissions are beautiful you guys!

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1061 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 3:53 PM
As the last round is now officially closed, if anyone would like to post a few pics of their versions of the families while we wait for scores, go ahead. We can have the "Steve parade" that's been mentioned before
#1062 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
As the last round is now officially closed, if anyone would like to post a few pics of their versions of the families while we wait for scores, go ahead. We can have the "Steve parade" that's been mentioned before

That high pitched gasp of excitement you just heard was me.

I gotta go in and get better pictures of my Steve as I screwed up with FRAPS the last time I was in my game.

I cannot wait to see everybody's families!

UNLEASH THE STEVES!!!!

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1063 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 5:01 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't make the families

@ Jones: Thank you so much for this opportunity to participate. I've thoroughly enjoyed learning a new skill - decorating to a budget, lol And have enjoyed getting to know the contestants too. I do hope you're going to host the others, cos I'll be there!

Karen
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1064 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 5:04 PM
I definitely plan on doing the others in the new year, Karen. I've really enjoyed getting to know everyone a bit too Nice to have some new MTS friends.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1065 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 9:27 PM
I didn't make anyone apart from Rose, although I've loved seeing how as the contest has gone on, how so many people put the family up on the walls as a picture. Not sure how that is done although I'm assuming with the career camera? I know I followed a tutorial on doing that once for a wedding photo but I’ve forgotten how now.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#1066 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 11:01 PM
I only ended up making one family, the Wilson's:

L to R: Lollie the Dog, Tom, Sarah & Daniel.

Thank you so much for this contest, Jones. It's been awesome redecorating the houses, and hopefully I've taken some new knowledge about decorating into my thick skull!
And it was awesome getting to meet all of you guys
#1067 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 1:32 AM
@Jones: How many pics of the families are we allowed to post? I have fifteen, but that's all of the families. I can pluck off five pics if I have to, but oh man I don't wanna! (I think I'm more excited about the families than the makeovers at this point, I'm outta control).

@Kayls: I heart your Wilson fam! (Lollie is especially adorable). I think you and I had some kind of Vulcan mind-meld over the Wilsons (as you'll see soon...).

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1068 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 2:39 AM
Let's cap it at 10 pics. Total, not per family
#1069 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 3:49 AM
I cut it down to ten, and here they are...

Steve Jones is still my sentimental favorite and here's my version of him. When I made him in CAS, I thought he looked rather suave and serious. When I put him into the game, he just became a total dork. Probably one of the dorkiest sims I've ever had (which just makes me love him more).

Next is Rose Gardener (but don't ask me who that dork is in her kitchen...).

Next is my Wilson Family, enjoying the outdoors. I had another shot of the family together, but I included the good shot of Tom because I think he turned out dreamy.

And last but not least, my version of the Mason Family. These were some of the hardest to cut, I really enjoyed capturing pics of them. After Steve, they are my favorite family of the bunch.

Thank you so much Jones, and all the judges. I had a ton of fun doing this contest and you guys did an awesome job. I honestly don't care about where I place, the contest itself was the fun part. I hope I might find time to do a second one if you guys hold it.

And to Jones especially, seriously, thank you for your patience and answering all my questions along the way. I'm still pretty much a n00b around here, and you made me feel really welcome. Thanks for these families too, they're great and they're going to be in my game for a long time.

Finally, just a shout out to all the contestants, you guys (and your mad decorating skillz) rock. I've gotten a lot of inspiration from your decorating and your picture taking, and I've learned a lot too (not to mention I've gained a ton of awesome new CC, thanks for sharing!). :lovestruc

Field Researcher
#1070 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 4:36 AM
Default The Mason Family- Round 4
Okay. My entry is finally submitted! Thank you very much jones7659 for the extension!
The Mason Family.

I definitely learned a lot from this contest about decorating with a budget.
Lab Assistant
#1071 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 6:14 AM Last edited by Shaundak21 : 8th Dec 2012 at 6:21 AM. Reason: Reduce Size of post
The Masons: Bill and his 10 year old daughter Elise and Marna Ann who is no longer with us.

The Gardener Family: Rose

The Jones Family: Steve and Nemo

The Wilson Family: Sarah and Tom, and little Daniel

Lab Assistant
#1072 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 4:19 PM Last edited by lipe2k : 8th Dec 2012 at 4:58 PM.
I was really looking forward to seeing how the sims you created looked like =D, so here's mine:

Field Researcher
#1073 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 5:33 PM Last edited by Liv : 8th Dec 2012 at 9:20 PM.
Quote:
I saw Liv using

Nice too see you spotted it out I like these calendars, not only because they include my in-game picture (btw, all children from this photo except from the blonde who is riding the horse, as she's already pregnant with her 1st child, now have their own children )
EDIT: well, Mirella (the blonde toddler from that photo) has just given birth to her first child! It's a girl and her name is Małgosia (it's a contraction from Małgorzata, ENG. Margaret) So all of those kids now have their own
Gloriana, I love your version of Bill! This is the best one I've seen
lipe2k - your sims' skins look very familiar

Great pics, guys! You did an excellent job remaking the houses, but the families you made are superb! <3

I'm one of these contestants who didn't actually make the families, but... I started thinking whether contests' sims could somehow refer to my own sims from my Nieznanowo. And... Yeah, they could!

Steve Jones...

Rose Gardener

The Wilsons

The Masons
#1074 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 7:27 PM
I love these families so much, I'm loving the smorgasbord of Steves (and now I'm wishing I had suggested "A Smorgasbord of Steves" as an event title).

@Shaundak21: Your Steve is completely different than any version I've imagined in my head, I LOVE him.

@Lipe2k: Your Rose is so beautiful (and I love her dress). I totally want her to get together with your Steve.

@Liv: Your Steve is adorable as all get out, and I love his shop.

And shout out to Esmeiolanthe, I hope you post pics of your families because I've been dying to see fashion designer Steve since you posted your house, haha.

Lab Assistant
#1075 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GlorianaGlowbee
I love these families so much, I'm loving the smorgasbord of Steves (and now I'm wishing I had suggested "A Smorgasbord of Steves" as an event title).

@Shaundak21: Your Steve is completely different than any version I've imagined in my head, I LOVE him.

He has met a lady friend who lives across the street from him. She is the toast of the town but he may lose out being that he works so much. I'm currently building his office and having a blast doing it.

Page 43 of 45