Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#1101 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plumbobot
Ugh, dat man...

Speaking of Mr Humble, When did he first appear on the scene during TS2? I always felt their last 3 expansion packs were a little off and I'm looking for someone to blame

The first nohumble hack was for Free Time.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Advertisement
Theorist
#1102 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
The first nohumble hack was for Free Time.

I'd just sell his damn computer lol. Free money ya know.
Scholar
#1103 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:05 PM
*hangs head deeply in shame* .....I like World Adventures. Allowed me to play out all my Lara Croft fantasies - of which I have many *wiggles eyebrows*
...plus I liked that it introduced Sim-Fu, and all the pretty Egyptian and Chinese decor items - made for some really nice themed lots in a couple of my towns....

...Titanium white...
Forum Resident
#1104 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
At least the last 3 enhanced the game. World Adventures... it was a thing.

That's true.

It's was... um. A fail?
Instructor
#1105 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:08 PM
I didn't hate the adventuring part of WA to be honest, because at least it wasn't a damn text box describing what my Sim was doing, like 50% of the rest of the game. But I hated the fact that the EP was broken as all hell. Plus it was a terrible choice for a first EP. We should have gotten Seasons or Generations first, and left WA for the final packs.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#1106 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
*hangs head deeply in shame* .....I like World Adventures. Allowed me to play out all my Lara Croft fantasies - of which I have many *wiggles eyebrows*
...plus I liked that it introduced Sim-Fu, and all the pretty Egyptian and Chinese decor items - made for some really nice themed lots in a couple of my towns....
Enjoji support group calling in: WA, still the EP I get most out of, with or without travelling. IP, second favourite, followed by Supernatural and then Ambitions.
Forum Resident
#1107 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:11 PM
I think my favorite holiday expansion goes to TS1. I liked Bon voyage but all the lots in the destinations were so poorly designed and empty. It felt like there was nothing to do in any of them. I always had to create custom ones. Also when ever I had my sims take those tour things, instead of seeing where they were going, I'd have to stay behind and read all the text about what an awesome time their having (very TS3 right ). I never felt so left out....
Mad Poster
#1108 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:13 PM
Seriously though, have we seen a pregnant sim? I didn't question it before, but now anything I haven't seen, I need to be confirmed. No more assuming it'll be there.
Alchemist
#1109 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plumbobot
I think my favorite holiday expansion goes to TS1. I liked Bon voyage but all the lots in the destinations were so poorly designed and empty. It felt like there was nothing to do in any of them. I always had to create custom ones. Also when ever I had my sims take those tour things, instead of seeing where they were going, I'd have to stay behind and read all the text about what an awesome time their having (very TS3 right ). I never felt so left out....

I love the Sims 1 Vacation destinations. Even with Montezuma's revenge!
Field Researcher
#1110 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:14 PM
I still feel like it's unlikely that a Generations-esque pack with toddlers will be the first EP. TS2 and TS3 both had original concepts, if you will, first packs and TS1's first EP was basically early 2000s equivalent to a SP.

It's far more likely that we'll get some pack we haven't had before.

Personally, I've always gotten the most out of Ambitions, Generations, and Supernatural myself. Does that make me a bad fan? That said, Vacation was the best traveling EP. Actually, most TS1 EPs are the best EPs to me... Must be the nostalgia talking.
Mad Poster
#1111 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by litlegothcat13
I didn't hate the adventuring part of WA to be honest, because at least it wasn't a damn text box describing what my Sim was doing, like 50% of the rest of the game. But I hated the fact that the EP was broken as all hell. Plus it was a terrible choice for a first EP. We should have gotten Seasons or Generations first, and left WA for the final packs.

WA wouldn't have worked as a final pack. Vacations were a lot different in 1 and 2 compared to 3.

Creating a world in Sims 2 is pretty easy by comparison because a lot of the work was done in the base game for world building. The brunt of the work was lot creating.

In 3, with the old world concept, they had to create multiple towns to ship at one time. In a period of a year for a development, they're not going to finish 3 interesting world. They have a hard enough time with one. It had to be first.

Island Paradise wasn't so much about vacationing as it was island living with some vacation bits thrown in (which made no sense what so ever - why would I vacation in the town I living it? Why is my hotel a rabbit hole that I can't properly recolor?).

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#1112 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:18 PM
There are some oddities in Island Paradise that still make me think that initially it was intended to be another travelling pack.
Field Researcher
#1113 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:20 PM

#Akward
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#1114 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:21 PM
I thought the main point of the resorts was as a business your sim could run, not somewhere to take him on holiday

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#1115 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
[SIZE=1]I really liked IP and found it one of the EPs I played with most...[/SIZE]

I have to agree. IP was the EP that returned me to Sims 3. I mean, I had played Sims 3 at my friend's house shortly after release and it was a buggy mess so I didn't get it. But seeing the news of BOATS and MERMAIDS and LEGITIMATE CREATIVITY really sold me on getting back into Sims and by the time I had bought the base game and all the EPs I wanted, I was prepping the game for IP. My only actual problems with IP stem from preordering on Origin and I had to spend two full days on the phone with customer support to get the game onto my computer and they even compensated me with an EP that basically set out to destroy my computer. IP, as buggy as it was was still thought out and considered things that players actually wanted instead of broken DLC items. Hell, I even felt welcome and heard in the streams they did of it before release with Graham. It was an all around good EP for me, glitches and bugs aside.

Yeah, all of TS4 stinks of misplaced priorities and EA following its nose to the money (partying all the time =/= life simulation). It's also really sad to hear that they've had multiple meetings about the news they broke yesterday and deciding when to break it to us. This was the worst time to break it, you need to break that news early on when you're showing off CAS where we can clearly see there's no swimwear and toddlers, you can't just skirt around it with "No comment". You tell us the truth and then set out to win us back in the remaining months with why the game is good. You show us why we should spend $80.

You don't treat us like a spouse or partner that you've been cheating on and skirt around/lie about where you've been all day. You tell it to us straight that you think we should see other people. We may not seem like we can take it, but we're big kids, we'll heal.
Forum Resident
#1116 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
I love the Sims 1 Vacation destinations. Even with Montezuma's revenge!

Me too! The only downside is that upon arrival my sims are always in such a foul mood, Like every single one of them. The first thing they do is start crying and whining. I just sent the ungrateful little craps on holiday and they repay me by giving me hell? If there was ever a time where I would want to use a motive cheat, it would be then.

edit: Dat survey. How times have changed.
Scholar
#1117 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:24 PM
Where are people getting their news from now that honeywell is on break? I liked having a good portal to catch up on before I ventured into the thread. (No I am not interested in following individual gurus on twitter, I mean a blog or news site.)
Field Researcher
#1118 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:25 PM
Well at least I know where EA's money is

Grant has a new icon

He also made this Sim

Really EA? Do unibrows take priority over toddlers?
Mad Poster
#1119 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
People are really angry. I made one short post and haven't said a word since and I'm getting "hater" mail and posts about how I'm ruining the game. Apparently, I just don't want people to be able to play Sims 4 and I'm selfish for ruining it for everyone else. Between that and the spam on the Sims 3 forums because I told SimsVIP to fuck off... all I can say is stupid and crazy doesn't really work. One or the other and you might be ok, but not both.

Ugh! I'm sorry it turned out like this Honeywell. They need to redirect their anger to where it truly belongs.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Lab Assistant
#1120 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:28 PM
here's @SimGuruRyan letting you know [B]all sorts of goodies[/B] about #TheSims4!!
[QUOTE=applefeather2]Trevor Lindsey ‏@SimGuruTrev 2h

]http://www.thesims.com/news/neighborhoods-weird-moments-and-more?utm_campaign=sims4-social-global-maxis-tw-twitter-neighborhood-ts4-blog-prev-site&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=sims4-social-global-maxis-tw-twitter-neighborhood-ts4-blog-prev-site&cid=22942&ts=1403727848162&sf27577171=1[/url] …

When it comes to connecting with other players online – The Sims 4 is the game you want it to be. You can browse other players’ creations or share your own directly from the game to the all new Gallery, or you can turn it off with a click of a button. While we’d love for you to check out what the world of The Sims community has to offer (you make amazing things!), making the game that you want to play and giving you control is our priority.

Does that mean that we have no private CC. If we turn on the new gallery. No control over quality. I do not want things i make out for the public to see. I want the option to share on MTS if it is good enough. :D
Lab Assistant
#1121 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:29 PM
No one catching up with all the awesome twitter stuff today?
http://simsvip.com/2014/06/26/the-s...-guru-tweets-2/

NO is the new thing..
Scholar
#1122 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:29 PM
*raises hand*

Has teens being the same height as adults been confirmed? Sorry, if that's totally off topic.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Mad Poster
#1123 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I thought the main point of the resorts was as a business your sim could run, not somewhere to take him on holiday

You can visit a resort. Again, it makes no sense, since you already live in town. and everything is a mile or 2 away. It's silly.

What EA didn't tell you: You can put resort lots in the vacation destinations (I hope Graham sees this, because this is funny):

1. Put the resort objects in a collection folder.

2. Send your Sim to a vacation destination.

3. Go to edit town while on vacation and convert any lot of your choosing to a resort. I know what you're thinking - the lot designation doesn't exist while on vacation! Welp, this is why the objects are in a collection folder...

4. Place the front desk on any commercial lot of your choosing (even the base camp if you edit the lot) and it will immediately turn into a resort, because the desk is coded to turn any lot into a resort.

5. Before you leave, revert everything back to the way it was or you'll break the game when returning to a vacation world. It will consider the camp your home or something and ask you to return the lot to a base camp.

Ta-Da... A Vacation on Vacation.

I'm not sure if this works in custom travel destination, having the base camp for arrival and checking into a resort while there. I didn't test that as much...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#1124 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:37 PM
*smirks*

Nice eyelashes....
Alchemist
#1125 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruRyan
When it comes to connecting with other players online – The Sims 4 is the game you want it to be.

I want an offline game away from sheep. Clearly, it's NOT the game I want it to be.
Locked thread
Page 45 of 920