Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:23 AM
Need help
Hi there,

first off all... my english is not the best.

I want to make a new table lamp. And I want to place it also on mantles (low tables, dining tables, coffee tables and end tables).

But I'm a newcomer for BHAVs!! And I don't know what I have to do! Please someone can help me?

Hugs and Kisses, Chrissie
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#127 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 12:22 PM
Then follow the directions provided in this thread: they tell you which BHAV you have to create/modify, and how. In your case, you should clone a table lamp (which should already be placeable on any table), and add a BHAV saying:
My 0x0004 Set Flag Literal Value 0x000B
(which means: Placeable on decorative slots, like mantles)

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#128 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:44 AM Last edited by Chrissie : 4th Mar 2007 at 10:50 AM.
Thanks a lot Numenor,

I have inserted the line but the lamp cannot place at mantles or baywindow. Please, can you have a look at the lamp?

Attached files:
File Type: rar  CAH_KamiTablelamp_Mesh.rar (149.3 KB, 21 downloads) - View custom content
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#129 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 4:52 PM
The line that you have added is never actually executed, because it's not linked correctly to the previous one.

"Quick solution": check the option "Special Buttons" and then click the button "Inge's InitLinker"

Standard solution: re-read the first post, especially the FAQ where it says:
"FAQ: When editing the BHAVs, be sure that all the "True target" point to the next instruction (except the last one, that just has "Return True" as True Target)"
There, I've explained how to link each line with the following one.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#130 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 5:31 PM Last edited by Chrissie : 4th Mar 2007 at 9:19 PM.
Thanks again

But I can't place the lamp (on decorative slots)...

Now each line is linked to the next! But it will not work

I'm afraid, that this placement will not work for lamps

Take a look please, I can't find the mistake...

Attached files:
File Type: rar  CAH_KamiTablelamp_Mesh.rar (149.3 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#131 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 11:49 AM
I've read through this thread a couple of times - its possible I've missed it but I'm trying to find the edit that will change an object so that when it is placed on O4B shelves it will stack 6 items rather than 4?

www.parsimonious.org
Artists - Get your own Studio! Always be featured!
Forum Resident
#132 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 12:02 PM
That has to do with slots. Slots can hold one object, so to change it to 4, you'd need to add 2 more slots. There should be a tutorial by fisheyes (I think thats the right name) on how to create new slots, somewhere in these forums.
Forum Resident
#133 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 12:06 PM
@Pistachio:

You may want to have a look at the Slot Enabler Package (SEP)

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#134 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 12:32 PM
Pistachio - My bad, I was thinking of this part:
My 0x0004 Set Flag Literal Value 0x000D ---> Placeable on OFB Shelves (not sure 100%)

But that's only enabling the functionality. What you actually want is in this thread:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=137561
or more particularly, this:
Quote:
Technical explanation
Maxis started to use a previously unused data field in the Object Data: the data field 0x004F [Unused - Shadow Brightness (Sims1)]. I've noticed that almost all the existing objects, before OFB, had this field set to zero or 0x96; while in OFB the objects have a value of 0x2 (small objects), 0x1 (medium objects) and 0x00 (large objects).
"0x0002 (Expression) - Stack Object's Master definition 0x004F Set to Literal 0x0002". This line overrides the value stored in the Object Data field 0x004F, "replacing" it with the value 0x2 (which, in my tests, is the only one that allows placement on business shelves).

You want to set your object to a "small object".

Sorry for the bad pointer! Mea culpa!
Field Researcher
#135 Old 1st May 2007 at 2:35 PM
I spent quite a while trying to match that up with the available options in the BHAV editor - don't know if there are 2 ways of editing these in SimPE, but the editor that the little hammer icon brings up doesn't number anything and I don't really understand the logic of how this stuff works anything like well enough to interpret so I ended up rather lost!

In the end I opted for Stack Object's Master definition Object size quantity per shelf := Literal 0x0002 - that seemed to be the closest match to your suggested instruction but it didn't work so I guess I got it wrong lol!

But, changing the value in the OBJD worked perfectly so it didn't matter, I should learn to try the easy stuff first!! Thanks Echo - literally couldn't have done it without you - this has been driving me a bit twisty for a couple of weeks now! I managed to figure out how the animation speed/texture tiling thing worked so all I need to do is figure out how to edit the light and this object *might* just be fit for publication lmao!!

www.parsimonious.org
Instructor
#136 Old 31st May 2007 at 12:28 AM
i wanted to enable fence post placement for a table lamp what code would i need to do this?

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#137 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 12:29 AM
The easiest way is to call, from within the Init BHAV, the semiglobal 0x200D ("Init - FencePost"); calling that semiglobal will automatically fix all the flags as needed.
Your Init BHAV can be as simple as this:

[semi 0x2006] Function - Init
[semi 0x200D] Init - FencePost

However, just for your information, the peculiarity of fence lamps is that they must have set the placement flag 0x0E (Allow on fence), and they must have cleared the flags 0x01 (Allow on floor) and 0x02 (allow on terrain).

Therefore, the relevant init lines for a fence lamp are:

My 0x002A (placement flags) Set Flag flag# Literal 0x000E (allow on fence post)
My 0x002A (placement flags) Clear Flag flag# Literal 0x0001 (allow on floor)
My 0x002A (placement flags) Clear Flag flag# Literal 0x0002 (allow on terrain)

Field Researcher
#138 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 4:37 AM
OK, I'm a bit confused, and I think it may be becasue SimPE has changed since the screen shots.

I want to change an object to allow:

Object intersection (My 0x0008 Set Flag Literal Value 0x0002
Object and person intersection (My 0x0008 Set Flag Literal Value 0x0003)
Person intersection (My 0x0008 Set Flag Literal Value 0x0005)

I'm not sure first of all how to get the wizard working, and I'm not sure where to put the literal value's in, as mentioned, SimPE is different now then the screen shots presented.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank's

"Mozart is sunshine" Antonin Dvorak (1841 - 1904)

See my other creations at
Simnuts Creations - Sims 3
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#139 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 8:46 AM
The screenshot is a bit old, but the current version is basically the same:

Field Researcher
#140 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 3:16 PM
Ah, thank you Numenor!

Your going to hate me! lol But I'm assuming the "My" goes into the wizard, but again, the latest version is quite different from the screen shots here. I'm not sure if I use the "Old Style". Also, does the literal value go into to OpCode? Again assuming it does just looking for confirmation. I should be able to figure it out from there.

Thanks again!

Simnuts

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#141 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 4:12 PM
I'm not going to hate anyone, lol
Once you have opened the wizard, it appears like this:

As you can see, the only differences are:
1) I now use Vista, and therefore the visual look is different;
2) the last field, in the bottom-right corner, now contains a descriptive name, instead of the less-understandable hex numbers. This "translation" already occurred long ago for the "0x0004" that became "allowed height flags".
So, when you read in the tutorial, for example,
My 0x0004 Set Flag Literal Value 0x0002 ---> Placeable on low tables
you have to open the wizard and select from the pull-down lists the correct values, until you read:
Code:
My // allowed height flags
Set Flag
Literal // low table

There is no need at all to manually write anything into the "operands" fields.

IMPORTANT: the descriptive labels appear correctly only if you have checked the option "Attribute picker", visible in the screenshot above.

Field Researcher
#142 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 6:07 PM
Thank so much Numenor! I have Vista, and I just could not figure out how to get around, but you have cleared this up now!

Thanks again, I really appreciate you taking the time!

Simnuts

Field Researcher
#143 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 6:27 AM Last edited by simnuts101 : 30th Nov 2007 at 6:42 AM.
Hi Numenor:

Sorry to bother you again!

This is how my "instruction wizard" looks when I click on the small tool icon. I've gone through my setting thinking I may not have something checked off properly, or maybe I don't have the latest plugin? It look's like I have the latest version of PJSE Coder Plugin, but thought I would just show you.

Thanks again for everything!

Simnuts

edit: What I am working on is the Shining Kinight Floor Lamp, and I noticed that under the Light - On and Light - Off, the wizard comes up differently again. Could it be that the "Function - Init" just can't be edited? I'm looking to allow object and person intersection. Thanks again!

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#144 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 11:30 AM
See the "opcode" box two lines up and slightly to the left of the button you pressed? You need to change that to say 0x0002. That's "Expression". (See the "FAQ" line under the list of all the possible values for details. )
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#145 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 3:51 PM
Echo is absolutely right (of course ). You know, the Wizard pops up different screens, depending on the "opcode" currently set: if the opcode is 0x0002 (Expression), you are presented the screen depicted in my screenshots; if the opcode is another BHAV (in your screenshot, it's 0x2006 - Function Init), the wizard only allows you to set the parameters to pass to that BHAV.

In other words, the wizard is not related to the BHAV that you are currently editing, but to the single line that you are editing.

Field Researcher
#146 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 6:41 PM Last edited by simnuts101 : 1st Dec 2007 at 6:50 AM.
Thanks guys! This is so new to me right now, but I now understand!!

You guys are the BEST!! Appreciate all the help!

Simnuts

edit: Just wanted to let you know it worked GREAT! Thanks again!!

Field Researcher
#147 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 6:45 PM
Just wondering, is there a way to simultaneously allow 'normal' small object placement options with the option to sit it on a fence post, only I seem to find that allowing fence post in the height flags precludes every other type of placement?

www.parsimonious.org
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 4:13 AM
Thank you so much for this! It took me a few tries (couldn't figure out what the sign/symbols for 'assign to' was) but now I can place books cloned from bookshelves on every type of surface. I'm so happy, thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 3:17 AM
Any idea on how to make objects placeable on roofs only?
Mad Poster
#150 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 1:00 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 9th Sep 2008 at 3:59 PM.
I'm so glad that I found this thread. I just hope I've followed everything correctly now. I'm about to go test my object in game.
I may be back later some time to ask questions about something else I have planned relating to this if I can't figure it out on my own first.

EDIT: Well that didn't seem to go to plan. I must have done something wrong as I couldn't place my object at all. I'll have to start again anyway as I must have cloned my base object wrong because all of the animations had been lost.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Page 6 of 7