Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Frimlin's Expanded Rewards Store

by Frimlin Posted 14th May 2018 at 7:57 PM - Updated 21st Aug 2022 at 10:15 AM by Frimlin : Added v16

281 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 173 Feedback Posts, 107 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 12
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#76 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 7:40 PM
thank you so much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 3:02 AM
Thank you for the this mod. I am trying this out today. I had installed one other mod here where it basically adds all the traits to be available in CAS, but I believe that mod now is discontinued or something. I would humbly suggest, if it's possible, for you to add the traits you get from Parenthood? Only if you are keen on doing it. I thought it would be great. By the way, I do like this mod, I have so many aspiration points and nothing to spend on, so at least now, there is a point doing whims. lol.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 1:47 PM
This is super awesome!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#79 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 3:36 PM
I was still using V1 @_@ can't wait to see what V4 has to offer. Thanks for keeping it up to date.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#80 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 8:54 AM
Firstly, thanks a lot everyone for the kind comments. It makes me feel good! :lovestruc And you're all very welcome, of course.

Quote: Originally posted by winterwi
I was still using V1 @_@ can't wait to see what V4 has to offer. Thanks for keeping it up to date.

You're welcome. But really there's not much difference in the versions except that it has been updated to include new items and traits as they've been added to the game in new packs. That's the least I can do. I do want to add more but life has been getting in the way a lot this year.

• Watch my Sims 4 Speed Builds & Let's Plays on YouTube.
  • Chat with me on Twitter. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 1:24 PM
I used this before and it worked great then. But this time it doesn't. I've tried all files. For some reason the other traits and potions aren't there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 9:39 AM
Hi all! There is a minor update needed for this mod to add a new aspiration reward trait that was in StrangerVille, but you should still be able to play fine with it for now.

Quote: Originally posted by Orcus
I used this before and it worked great then. But this time it doesn't. I've tried all files. For some reason the other traits and potions aren't there.

It works fine for me and many others. Make sure you have no other mod installed that conflicts with it.

Test Subject
#83 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Frimlin
Hi all! There is a minor update needed for this mod to add a new aspiration reward trait that was in StrangerVille, but you should still be able to play fine with it for now.

It works fine for me and many others. Make sure you have no other mod installed that conflicts with it.

Excited for the update :D
Test Subject
#84 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 1:48 AM
Hey, quick question - while this mod and its reward traits work perfectly fine, I'm genuinely wondering if maybe this mod breaks vanilla reward traits...? Because it seems like some of them just aren't working for my sim, or at least not the way I recall them working before I installed this mod. For instance, I bought the Speed Reader trait for my sims, which I've heard means they should finish reading a book in one sitting instead of needing multiple reading sessions, but they definitely require more than one sitting to finish books. My sims also have the Fertility trait, which is supposed to increase the chances of twins and triplets...but until I added Ley Lines to my lot, I wasn't getting twins, and in 50+ kids (I'm doing a casual version of the 100 Baby Challenge) I haven't had a single instance of triplets. I remember triplets being pretty common with the Fertility trait BEFORE I added this mod.

Basically - are all of the vanilla reward traits definitely working as intended in conjunction with this mod? Because my personal experiences are making me increasingly uncertain on this point. I don't think all the vanilla traits are broken, but possibly some are.

ETA: Also, how do I remove one of your traits from a sim? I'm really tired of my sim having the option to sabotage all of his own possessions, so I want to remove Tormentor from him, but the usual traits.remove_trait cheat doesn't seem to work with your modded traits. (That, or specifying one of your traits for removal is a different process from the vanilla cheats.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#85 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 12:15 PM Last edited by Frimlin : 12th Mar 2019 at 12:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lymmea
Hey, quick question - while this mod and its reward traits work perfectly fine, I'm genuinely wondering if maybe this mod breaks vanilla reward traits...? Because it seems like some of them just aren't working for my sim, or at least not the way I recall them working before I installed this mod. For instance, I bought the Speed Reader trait for my sims, which I've heard means they should finish reading a book in one sitting instead of needing multiple reading sessions, but they definitely require more than one sitting to finish books. My sims also have the Fertility trait, which is supposed to increase the chances of twins and triplets...but until I added Ley Lines to my lot, I wasn't getting twins, and in 50+ kids (I'm doing a casual version of the 100 Baby Challenge) I haven't had a single instance of triplets. I remember triplets being pretty common with the Fertility trait BEFORE I added this mod.

Basically - are all of the vanilla reward traits definitely working as intended in conjunction with this mod? Because my personal experiences are making me increasingly uncertain on this point. I don't think all the vanilla traits are broken, but possibly some are.

Hey Lymmea! Thanks for your post! But unfortunately the mod only gives the trait to the Sim, it does not change the trait in any way. There simply are no files in this mod that could do that; it is actually a very basic mod. So if a trait is not working, then it is not because of this mod. What I would suggest is to report any trait issues to EA's own Answers HQ . Usually they need you to provide some evidence to back up the report, like an easily reproducible way of them being able to see the same results you are seeing.

ETA: Also, how do I remove one of your traits from a sim? I'm really tired of my sim having the option to sabotage all of his own possessions, so I want to remove Tormentor from him, but the usual traits.remove_trait cheat doesn't seem to work with your modded traits. (That, or specifying one of your traits for removal is a different process from the vanilla cheats.)

Again unfortunately the mod is very simple, just adding traits to the rewards store. It does not add any functionality to the reward store that would remove a trait. These aren't actually "modded traits" as you say, they are just the normal reward traits. All the mod does is let you apply them by paying with satisfaction points. Even if you could prove to me that a trait can be removed without the mod, but cannot with the mod installed, I could do nothing about it as I do not change any of that functionality in this mod.

Edit: I checked the game files. The "Tormentor" trait is actually called trait_Bane behind the scenes. Try removing it with traits.remove_trait trait_Bane

Thank you though. And good luck! :lovestruc

Test Subject
#86 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 3:26 PM
Thank you for the quick response! For the record, you can indeed remove traits knowing the proper name of the trait; your information helped me successfully remove Tormentor from my sim! While that solves my own problem, can I suggest perhaps a text file with a list of this mods' game file trait names for anyone who might have similar issues?

Also, thanks for the clarification that if anything is breaking vanilla traits(and I'm not exactly sure anything is, they just seem to be having less effect than I remember them having/than I've heard they should have, which I realize isn't conclusive proof of anything). It's enough to know that this mod isn't causing any problems with them that may or may not exist. I think I'm going to try to do some more testing to see if I can tell more conclusively whether the vanilla rewards are working or not before worrying about it further, since possibly I'm mis-remembering about the Fertility trait (such as, maybe I'm remembering results where BOTH sims in a couple had the trait, while my sim's challenge pregnancies were all with it only on my sim's side) and I could just be misinformed by the anecdote I read about how Speed Reader works. Those things might not be enough evidence to go on that anything's actually wrong, so I'll try to check more thoroughly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#87 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 5:01 PM Last edited by Frimlin : 12th Mar 2019 at 7:05 PM.
Thank you for the quick response! For the record, you can indeed remove traits knowing the proper name of the trait; your information helped me successfully remove Tormentor from my sim! While that solves my own problem, can I suggest perhaps a text file with a list of this mods' game file trait names for anyone who might have similar issues?

You're welcome. Nice suggestion, maybe sometime I'll add that. But just to reiterate, these are not "this mod's game file trait names." This mod does not add traits, the name trait_Bane (known as Tormentor in-game) and all the other trait names in the game are made by Maxis. Another example for you is Parenthood's "Insensitive" trait, which is actually called LifeSkills_Unfeeling behind the scenes.

Also, thanks for the clarification that if anything is breaking vanilla traits(and I'm not exactly sure anything is, they just seem to be having less effect than I remember them having/than I've heard they should have, which I realize isn't conclusive proof of anything). It's enough to know that this mod isn't causing any problems with them that may or may not exist. I think I'm going to try to do some more testing to see if I can tell more conclusively whether the vanilla rewards are working or not before worrying about it further, since possibly I'm mis-remembering about the Fertility trait (such as, maybe I'm remembering results where BOTH sims in a couple had the trait, while my sim's challenge pregnancies were all with it only on my sim's side) and I could just be misinformed by the anecdote I read about how Speed Reader works. Those things might not be enough evidence to go on that anything's actually wrong, so I'll try to check more thoroughly.

Good luck! I tend to skip adding those traits to my sims, so I don't have much experience with them. In my overcrowded legacy world, no family has more than 1 child usually. And I prefer them reading for a while since usually the only time my sims read is to reach the 1 or 2 hours required by some aspirations - so shortening the reading time would mean I'd have to make them read more books!

Lab Assistant
#88 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 1:20 AM
[QUOTE=Frimlin]Correct, Paola3. And thank you for proactively checking that before posting. So that mod also seems to provide all reward traits for free, as well as perks. I'm not against the idea of providing the reward traits in this mod for free too and may consider releasing a flavour of the mod like that. Please just reply to let me know if you'd be interested in that and I'll take a note.

I'm being careful and deliberately slow to add more flavours at this stage, as I'd like to avoid creating too many variations of the mod. Having a lot of variations might prevent or delay me from updating fast if it is needed, for example.

I AM SO SORRY I REPLIED LIKE MORE THAN A YEAR LATER. I never check my notifications here.

What I was interested in was on having your mod (which gives me the free rewards AND includes the "hidden" ones. I know, very specific) AND mod that gave me the vampire perks for free as well. I am happy to say I found one that doesn't conflict with your mod.

http://modthesims.info/d/589871

That one allows me to have yours and theirs at the same time. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 2:11 AM
Works fine in my game with the new patch
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 4:21 AM Last edited by AuroraRayne : 27th Apr 2019 at 5:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Klauxx
Works fine in my game with the new patch

I thought mine broke with the latest patch. Turned out it was another mod. lol
Test Subject
#91 Old 8th May 2019 at 5:20 PM
So, to confirm it... is this compatible with 1.51 ?
Test Subject
#92 Old 13th May 2019 at 4:22 PM
Default 1.51
Hello, could you please update this mod? In conjunction with MCCC and NPCC, it creates the latest exceptions. I know you can design not to use this mod, but it would be a shame because the mod is amazing.
Test Subject
#93 Old 28th May 2019 at 9:24 PM
If you could update when you get time that would be great. I love your mod and am so grateful. I have noticed, however, in the cheat menu that there are many new rewards that are not in your mod as of yet such as the freelance traits. I can add them via cheats but it would be so much better if they were part of your mod. Thanks again for all the time you have put into this, love it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#94 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 7:58 PM
Just to note, I'm still around but I got a job and suddenly have no free time! I will be updating this soon. :lovestruc

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#95 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 6:20 PM
It looks like a new expansion pack is on the way out on the 20th of this month, do you think it might be better to wait to update until after that so you are doing twice the work? Just a thought This mod is one of my favorites, thank you for the hard work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#96 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jodi521
It looks like a new expansion pack is on the way out on the 20th of this month, do you think it might be better to wait to update until after that so you are doing twice the work? Just a thought This mod is one of my favorites, thank you for the hard work!

I already knew it was coming beforehand, so don't worry, I'll be updating it after the pack is out. Thanks for being thoughtful and caring. :lovestruc

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#97 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 3:06 AM
looking forward to installing this once it has been updated..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#98 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jawesome
looking forward to installing this once it has been updated..

I'm on it!

Test Subject
#99 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 7:22 AM
Great to see that you are going to update this mod, thank you.
Do you still have plans to make a version with more expensive rewards? I would really like a version with rewards at double price.
Test Subject
#100 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 11:32 AM
Can't wait till its updated
Page 4 of 12