Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#176 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 9:08 PM
i have done many recolors but how do you change something from black to white i cant do it using this tutorial
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#177 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 1:13 AM
deadlykitty - #1 'white' clothing should be made light gray so they will display well in game.

#2 you're right, trying to turn something black (which is probably dark gray) to light is going to give you problems, even if you put the part you want to change on a new layer, it will be difficult to lighten it enough (you need to know how to use your graphics program, they can darken and lighten images) and still retain detail. You'll have to play with it. Better would be to find the lightest version of the garment you can, desaturate it, and then try to get it to be light gray with shading on it.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#178 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 7:42 AM
thank you very much :P
Test Subject
#179 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 11:40 AM
Thanks for the tutorial it was great! I installed gimp ad I was a little confused but it worked magicaly thanks again faylen!
Test Subject
#180 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 7:24 PM
Yay! Thank you SO much for this tutorial. I really appreciate it. When I made the recolor, I was SO proud of myself. *Laughs* The tutorial was easy to follow and very helpful. Again, thank you.
Test Subject
#181 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 12:48 PM
Thnks!! I made a pon shirt!!
Test Subject
#182 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 10:41 AM
Waaaa!!! Thanks xxx
Thank you so much, your tutorial was so easy to follow. You have made me a very happy lady x

But now i have to spend all my time recolouring stuff, and i will become one with my sims... pah how bad
Test Subject
#183 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 8:11 PM
Thank you so very much. This was very well written and the pictures helped a lot. Plus, I admire your patience.
Test Subject
#184 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 4:30 PM
This is a great tutorial, but I'm really not good at this and I still need help

When I try to open the texture file on Photoshop, there's nothing in the file "tutorialdress", it's empty ! I guess I can't open it with Photoshop because the file type is for Paint Shop Pro, but I don't know how to change that ^^"
Test Subject
#185 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 3:37 AM
Wonderful tutorial. Thank you!

throughthehourglass
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#186 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 4:05 PM
Garfunkel6658 - photoshop should be able to open up a bmp file just fine. Are you looking in the correct folder?

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#187 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 11:58 PM
Thank you sooooooo much for this!!! I'm slow at the get go, but ur easy to read with picture layout really helped! ^.^
Much Kudos to you!
Test Subject
#188 Old 7th Nov 2007 at 1:43 AM
wow Thank you so Much for this I apreciate it!
xx
Test Subject
#189 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 4:01 PM
great, striaght forward tutorial, now i can mess around with the colours 'til my hearts content!
Lab Assistant
#190 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 9:41 PM
Youn are unhumanly helpful! This is great! I CAN RECOLOUR!
Test Subject
#191 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 9:56 PM
Thankies
That was SO helpful to me! Now I know the basics of recoloring ^^
Some day if I become a famous recolor-er, I owe most of it to you
Test Subject
#192 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 10:44 PM
Just one thing - do you have to save files at the resolution Body Shop makes the files in, or can you go larger? (without distorting the ingame textures, that is)?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#193 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 7:10 AM
bodyshop files need to be 1024x1024 for clothing (except toddler is smaller). Using larger sizes gains nothing as the game seems to scale them if you do

Banned
#194 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 8:54 PM
Default Please Read!!!!!!
how do I get the body shop like your pics ?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#195 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 1:20 AM
simscrazy, bodyshop comes with the game.

Test Subject
#196 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 7:08 AM
Thank you for this tutorial!, I had a little trouble at first but that was me being me lol.

Everything works perfectly now and it was so easy to understand.
Lab Assistant
#197 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 10:41 PM
Fantastic tutorial. Very clear and easy to understand.

I just recoloured my first dress. So proud!
Test Subject
#198 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 12:58 PM
Hey, really nice work. Thank you...
But, i have a problem, and I feel like jerk for asking something that is probably very simple, but believe me I am out of options . So I followed every single step just the way it is said and I have Photoshop 7, so it is practicly the same. And after I refreshed the sim's dress it was all wrong-both it looked like the girl was naked, and the color was quite pale. So I read all the posts, found the FAQs; foung callum91's tip about the graphics, fowolled it...and it is still the same. Nothing changed. I am really sorry if you have alredy answerd something like/or my question, I just couldn't find it. I would really appreciate ur help! Thanks in advance!!
Test Subject
#199 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 10:25 PM
There's no "Thanks!" button on this tutorial, so here is my official THANKS!

I love getting started this way with the simple use of Photoshop Hue / Saturation tools. I am also interested in retexturing, not just recoloring so will continue reading your tutorials. Very clear and concise. I felt you left nothing to the imagination - except color choice, of course! Cheers!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#200 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 2:20 AM
jumisko - I believe you should see a 'thanks' button at the end of the first message? I do

Page 8 of 15