Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sharing is Caring Kleptomania Fix

by homunculus420 Posted 13th Jun 2020 at 9:58 PM - Updated 18th Jun 2020 at 3:42 PM by homunculus420

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 10:41 PM
Thank you so much! My Fashion District's karaoke was wiped clean after I got eco living.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 11:54 PM
oh my this mod is great! thank you so much!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 3:55 AM
Can you create a version that they can't even rob pet toys??
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 6:31 AM
Would it be possible to make a mod for this that changes it so these things can only be stolen on the PLAYER'S lot?

I don't mind people stealing things from me, but ruining community lots is no good.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 10:49 AM
I always get disappointed with stupid features such the cleptomania thing in the new exp. There's always something that makes me nearly wanna stop playing but then you and other great modders come with fixing mods so the game will be playable again

"Black is such a happy color" - Morticia Addams
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 12:58 PM
you have no idea HOW HAPPY i am about this fix you've created. Is there any way that you could tweak it so that they steal from their momma's house instead? i'm triggered...can you tell?!?! j/k thanks a mil!

BTW: you should rename this to "Sharing is NOT Caring"--a mod fix for thieves
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 1:34 PM
Oh Sims 4 devs, always leaving messes for modders to clean up...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 10:22 PM
Thank you so much for providing these mods - they are a tranquil sea in the shit storm the latest update created
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by infernalthing
Oh Sims 4 devs, always leaving messes for modders to clean up...

It's not really a mess, it's just a very annoying feature
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 8:01 PM
Thank you!!!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by InternWaffle
Would it be possible to make a mod for this that changes it so these things can only be stolen on the PLAYER'S lot?

I don't mind people stealing things from me, but ruining community lots is no good.

Yeah exactly this. I build a whole new community lot only to go there, find out this neighbourhood selected the sharing is caring on their own, and then robbed the whole place dry in less than a couple hours. A version where it's only active on the player's neighbourhood or not on community lots would be amazing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 10:59 PM
does this stop your sim from taking something? or just the npc sims?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 11:34 PM
This may help restore a little of my sanity!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 5:57 AM
thank you so much for this! so many sims just robbed the whole library not a bookcase was left!
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 1:38 PM
This "Sharing is Caring" N.A.P. is... by far... the most STUPIDEST thing that I have ever seen in ANY Sims game. I am NOT inclined to just have people my sims don't even know to just waltz up to my lot, or into my house, and take MY THINGS. Period. I'm not even inclined for sims that my own sims don't even know, just waltz into my house and just make themselves at home! Make themselves at home, break my things, and then just leave like there aren't ANY repercussions! ... I'm going to invest in the cow plant now. My apologies, I just needed to vent. ;-;
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 4:58 PM
Same as the other Mod you made. Can you make it so they can pick up trash piles and Pet Poop also?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 6:34 PM
Oh my god thank you SO much for this, it was driving me absolutely nuts!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 7:35 PM
Thank You!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 11:39 PM
Wonderful! I was wondering what the hell was happening, people entered my retail store and just took everything the tvs worth thousands and the really expensive ones. I got ruined lol.
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by exxor9108
This "Sharing is Caring" N.A.P. is... by far... the most STUPIDEST thing that I have ever seen in ANY Sims game. I am NOT inclined to just have people my sims don't even know to just waltz up to my lot, or into my house, and take MY THINGS. Period. I'm not even inclined for sims that my own sims don't even know, just waltz into my house and just make themselves at home! Make themselves at home, break my things, and then just leave like there aren't ANY repercussions! ... I'm going to invest in the cow plant now. My apologies, I just needed to vent. ;-;

I was actually "fine"(but really annoyed) with them stealing on my lots but when they did this on OTHER lots it really pissed me off! They could swipe important objects for the lot to properly functioning.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 10:58 AM
I just came here after some idiot stole my computer, i check and "sharing is caring" was active. I want to slap the person in the face who thought this was a good idea.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 12:39 PM
Thank you thank you so much for creating this mod. I was going crazy trying to get the signatures to repeal this NAP. Thank you, you are the best!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 2:34 PM
Hi everyone, I'm glad you like my mod. I honestly can't believe that EA would add such a NAP to the game... Game-breaking IMO. As soon as I saw sims steal all the furniture from a restaurant I was like HELL NO! gotta fix this straight away lol

Anyhoo, here are a few replies to peoples comments:
@LannisterMoon I'll make a version where not even pet toys can be stolen
@InternWaffle I don't know if its possible. Either way, I'm not doing it. I don't want anybody stealing anything and I'm not going to make a mod I don't use.
@ClMeow I haven't tested if it only applies to NPCs or not. My guess is that it applies to all sims. Maybe other players can confirm this?
@simjimbo2004 I won't make that change for this mod, but I will update the Recycle Disciple fix to add trash as an option to swipe
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 8:19 AM
Just wanted to add my thanks it'd be fine if they took "essential items" like some fruit from a tree or only from more wealthy households and if it was sharing. This however is . . . "Oh my that's a nice laptop but it'd look better in our $200,000 house than your dinky little $30,000 one" and then they just walk off with something they don't even use. So with no laptop you go to the park to play on the . . . oh someone's knicked everything from the community lot to put in their private house. Bleh.
Page 1 of 3