Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 9:25 PM
Nice job simfantastis2 i see your new bookless pics
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 9:25 PM
caz100 goodluck, i don't feel so comfortable with letting you do this but on the otherhand it is a good idea. So go ahead. Thanks
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 9:37 PM
Oh yeah also mod_bv that image could work for the loading screen but you would need to make another image for the neighborhood picking screen.
Inventor
#29 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 10:27 PM
CaZ, I know. Also, Simfantastic, I would be glad ig you vould show me the final outcome.

EDIT: I sound Translvlyian!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 10:42 PM
mod_bv. You can't really see anything. So i suggest to for it to work someone could make that logo again but put the text and the graphics on the side of the image. Sorry that my logo is still there.
Screenshots
Inventor
#31 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 10:55 PM
SimFantastic, do you have a pic of the loading screen? Thanx in advance~!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 11:00 PM
Oh i am sorry. You can really edit the picture there. It doesn't work because when it does those flash things. Sorry you can't edit that. Thankyou also.
Inventor
#33 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simfantastic2
Oh i am sorry. You can really edit the picture there. It doesn't work because when it does those flash things. Sorry you can't edit that. Thankyou also.

It's fine.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 11:08 PM
IF you want you can send me a logo for the rockin expansion pack and i can edit for the logo portion. If you like it that way i can just send you those new files so you can replace it yourself to see it in your game or what ever you want.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 11:24 PM
angelgodess, are you talking about the logo or the background?
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 9th Jul 2005 at 12:09 PM
Simfantastic2 I just went to your website and checked out the latest screens. the one with the house and the other houses is awesome. I can't wait for Nightlife
Also mod_bv I can't wait for Rockin' the Road, looks great already
Inventor
#37 Old 9th Jul 2005 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by caz100
Simfantastic2 I just went to your website and checked out the latest screens. the one with the house and the other houses is awesome. I can't wait for Nightlife
Also mod_bv I can't wait for Rockin' the Road, looks great already

Thanks!
Field Researcher
#38 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 1:23 PM
caz100
Why not join our team?(rockin the road) We have a job for every talent!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 4:13 PM
Hey that would be cool, could I?
Inventor
#40 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 5:52 PM
Sure, why not?
Banned
#41 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 12:21 PM
Thanks Simfantastic2 This Is Exxxxxxellllleeeeennnt
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 4:44 AM
Thank you.
Something else I really wanted.
Instructor
#43 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 2:52 PM
Default what is the sims 2 livin' it up?
what's the sims 2 livin' it up? I've never seen it

learn from your parents mistakes - use birth control!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 4:08 PM
It;s not really a game, it is just something i made up, that is what the tutorial is about, to change the starting screen. It is not a real expansion pack
Test Subject
#45 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 4:25 PM
Great job with the tutorial. I just wanted to know, Where can you get paintshop pro and is it free?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 4:45 PM
Here is a trial version, you need to become a member of that site, so just create a free membership:
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satell...d=1047024437292
Also i have a older version.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 3:29 PM
Erm.. please help me on this one! I was messing around with all this and now I can't get my original UNI Screen Back. I dont think. I need to open up Uni but If you could just say then I would appreciate it. (blushes)
Field Researcher
#48 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 3:54 PM
Well, I wonder, is there a way to change the picture of those two sims in Neighbourhood menu view (you know, those in the upper left and lower right corners of neighbourhood thumbnails). I've been dreaming of a chance to replace them with my custom sims since the day I got the game...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 12:41 AM
Hi pixie, sorry i got back to you so late, yes you can change them, you can basically change anything you want! All you need to do is follow the same procedure for this tutorial but instead of using the instances i gave search all of them and when you see those sims change them. Note there are more than one sims, so if you dont want any of them there then you need to change them all. Hope i helped.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmygurl
Erm.. please help me on this one! I was messing around with all this and now I can't get my original UNI Screen Back. I dont think. I need to open up Uni but If you could just say then I would appreciate it. (blushes)

Hi sorry i got back to you so late. Ok if you backed uped your ui file like i said in the tutorial just simply take the file and put it in the ui folder letting the backup replace the ui file that you edited.
If you did not back up it there is no solution, however if you reinstall the game it will be back to normal, but dont worry, if you are getting Nightlife just leave the way your screen is the way it is, the new nightlife logo will be there instead of yours when you install nightlife.

Here is what i wrote in the tutorial:
TO GET YOUR ORIGINAL SCREEN BACK.

Step 1: Go to the new folder you created and right click on the ui (DBPF File) and click copy.

Step 2: Now go to My Computer/C : Program Files/Ea Games/The Sims 2 University/TSData/Res/UI. And hit ctrl and v at the same time to paste it. When it asks if you want to overwrite just hit yes.
Page 2 of 3