Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATED 13 MAR 2006 - Community items made buyable on Resi lots (for OfB)

by jaxad0127 Posted 11th Mar 2006 at 6:43 PM - Updated 22nd May 2006 at 8:04 PM by jaxad0127

197 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 170 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 8
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 2:07 PM
I haven't tried to buy these things on a resisdential lot (this sounds neat), but I bought food machines and registers for a "community" lot. I also added game machines, juice bars, and expresso machines.

These were on the swimming pool lot along with clothes stands and such.

I called it the ALL MALL!

PROBLEM: All things seem to work fine. Never crashes, but when I would buy food, the "home" refrigerator counter would pop up. I bought the MAX food.

When I got back "home", the fridge would only hold the volume of food that it had before I went to the community lot and bought more? In other words... buying food at the community lot reduced the capacity of the home fridge.

I had an EMPTY fridge and headed for a community lot for a cookout. I bought the food there and it showed my home fridge was now filled to capacity.

When I went home again the fridge was STILL EMPTY and when I tried to order food on the phone to be delivered, that option did not show up (only Chinese and pizza).

I deleted the food machines from the communuty lot and all other things in your mod work great. Thanks a bunch for your time, generosity and hard work!

Klaatu barada nikto!!!!

Some try to tell me
Thoughts they cannot defend,
Just what you want to be
You will be in the end
Test Subject
#152 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chaotess
I'm having some trouble, I think it's this file, not sure. All my downtown stuff is buyable at home and that's great, but now I can't place a downtown stove anywhere. I've been trying to add the downtown stove to a OFB restaruant, but although it's there in the catalogue it won't place it at all. I go to pick it up and nothing appears on the screen. So, if you could let me know the exact file name so I can find it and remove it that would be great. Hopefully it's not this hack, but I'd really like to try everything and not have to reinstall again.

Thanks

I'm having this exact same problem right now. I actually had it working before, it would place the stove and chef in the house together, but now when I click the icon and try to place it, the object doesn't even appear on the screen.

I just made my house into a business - prior it was not a business, I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Also, I've got that problem too where my community lots will crash upon trying to load them. I haven't tried disabling this hack to see if it's the cause, but now that I've read about it I'll give that a try and see if they work again.
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 11:38 AM
I, sadly, had to delete this mod after it was causing heaps of problems with my game. First, when I try to spawn something using boolprop, only the tombstone of L and D appears. It also is conflicting with InTeenimater. Maybe when all the errors are sorted out I shall redownload, it's a great mod.

.Call me Bec.
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 8:45 AM
It seems this is working great for everyone's lot but mine. I can't buy items from the clothing racks I can only try them on and they change right back into their other clothes. The stove comes with a cook so I can't cook, she just stands there cooking 24 hours a day. I felt really bad for her and she was making my sims fat all they wanted to do was eat even when they weren't hungry 24 hours a day. They were missing work. Sleep deprived. I didn't want them fired because I worked really hard with no cheats to get all 8 graduated from college with 4.0 grades at the same time and to get their dream jobs. All born to my older sims ready to go on me now. 3 sets of twins it's all they had I never got a single baby so I adopted 2 when the first set went into the college bin. It's hard to raise twins with no cheats, husband working all day, get them into private school, etc. In fact I never realized there were any cheats like this, I just found this site recently. The brain child I am. Anyway, I couldn't sell the stove I had to use the moveobjects on to get rid of it because she was always using it. I also can't buy food just browse and I can't store anything in the display refrigerator. I never tried the game rack and magazine rack I gave up after the display refrigerator. I thought it was a great idea, just not working for me for some reason. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 9:00 AM
oh PS don't know if I am supposed to include this or not. I have all the Sims packs including expansion packs, but this was the only hack in my game other than some clothes I downloaded and hair. Now I have the magic hacks to increase skills and the rejuvination chamber from Paladin, but they all work fine. Maybe that's why? It's not compatabile with them all?
Test Subject
#156 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 6:50 AM
Alright, so everything is buyable in residential mode for but I no longer have the option to start my own business. When I click the phone or the computer the business option just isn't there anymore. I have University and Open for Business installed.
Test Subject
#157 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 12:17 PM
I really love this set, but I just wanted to note that the stove (the community/restaurant stove) will conflict with the recolors (Mission match) from TSR. It took me ages to figure this problem out. I simply could not place the stove on any lot. I could see it the thumbnails, but not place it. Anyway, just wanted to share that info. thanks.
Test Subject
#158 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 2:48 PM
does it work with Seasons?
Test Subject
#159 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 12:38 AM
I'm also unable to buy clothes from the racks.
Test Subject
#160 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 12:12 AM
Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 8:16 AM
I am unable to see any of the items except the phone booth, the stove, and the urinal in the residential catalog. I was using an OfB family that had been in progress for a full 40 sim days, they had a small flower shop and obviously a cash register. I was so happy to see your mod -- I was ready for all those un-usable community lot items, especially the esspresso machine for my coffee house family (I ended up just giving them a lot of bars and seving drinks and food). I've read through al lthe feedback here, and I feel quite alone.

I own all the eps and stuff packs - from uni to bon voyage - and feel at a loss.
Test Subject
#162 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 6:47 AM
I know this topic is old, but i also know that many people use it... i have a big problem and i need someone to help me please ^^

I can't see anything, i simply can't it is installed correctly, it is in the downloads folder, but when i get on game, i look and look and there is nothing... nothing shows up, i don't know why, can someone help me please?

I have almost all expansions, except free time, bon boyage and university

what can i do to see the items?

thank you ^^
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 9th May 2008 at 12:42 PM
very nice and highly useful

Visit my sims page:http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/pod.php?user_id=851763 With it is downloads for all ages!
Test Subject
#164 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 3:31 PM
I love this! I've made some great home-businesses now with the help of it, as well as some cool families. Thanks!

My one question is if you'll ever update for Bon Voyage? Pretty please? I'm working on an island tribe family, but it's just not the same as my vision without crazy uncle Rongo firedancing in the backyard, lol.
Test Subject
#165 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 2:57 PM
thanks a lot. i've searched this for so long
Test Subject
#166 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 8:53 PM
I been wondering how to do that myself. How did you make them buyable on residential lots?

Thanks!!
Field Researcher
#167 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 9:09 AM
I've so been looking for this. Thanks.
Test Subject
#168 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 12:10 PM
OMG THANKS, I have been looking for these items forever! Your amazing!
Test Subject
#169 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 2:37 PM
it's not working!
and it deleted some objects from my community buy mode items!
i need a public phone i cant come back home i need to exit to the nigburhood i need the video game the food and magazines shelfs so pleas try to fix it or tell me anything that can help!
Test Subject
#170 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 1:12 AM
thank you so much!!!!! *cries tears of joy*
now my shut-in sims and vampires dont have to worry about going outside.
(i know vampires can go out at night but i only do that for social needs)
Field Researcher
#171 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 12:34 PM
Thank You Sooooo! Much i always tryed to do this by coverting collections!
Test Subject
#172 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 2:36 PM
Thank you so much, it even works with Bon Voyage!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#173 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 2:37 AM
Does this work with apartment life?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#174 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 7:07 AM
Thank you so much for doing this. I was pulling my hair out trying to make an espresso shop with an upstairs studio apartment. Perfect!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#175 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 4:51 AM
Thank you so much
Page 7 of 8