Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATED 07/17/2010 - Better Pants for Women! DEFAULT REPLACEMENTS for tf, af/yf, ef + AGE CONVERSION for teens

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 28th Oct 2008 at 5:48 PM - Updated 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:57 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 7:19 AM
Thank you. You have done a very good job! Have to check out in game.
Alchemist
#27 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 12:05 PM
No chicken legs indeed. It's always bugged me so much. Thank you!

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Theorist
#28 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 2:52 PM
Quote:
- normal knees, not tiny anorexic ones
- no chicken legs, granny is a lady, not a harpy

I laughed so hard when I read that lol, and thank you for these
Test Subject
#29 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 10:45 PM
"granny is a lady, not a harpy" - Like some other people, I find that to be absolutely hysterical. xD Thanks so much!
Instructor
#30 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 1:34 AM
Thanks!
Instructor
#31 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 5:24 AM
These are fab, but one question -- some of HP's versions of these outfits are also mesh edits, not just texture edits, and I can see that at least one of your versions does not include such a mesh edit -- just HP's texture, so while the coloring of the shirt goes all the way down to the top of the pants, there's still a 3d ridge where the original midriff-baring shirt ended. Was that something you've given any thought to addressing? I'd like to have the realistic knees AND the better shirt on meshes like TFBodyHipJacket.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#32 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 5:41 AM
akatonbo Thanks for catching that. I meant to use HP's mesh as a starting point and goofed, apparently. Was it just TFBodyHipJacket, or were there any others? I'll fix it later this week...

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Inventor
#33 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 4:16 PM
I was so happy when I read in your journal you were working on this, thank you for all your hard work, everything looks lovely!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#34 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 8:29 PM
UPDATE 10/31/08 - Fixed the 3D ridge problem with the teen jacket outfit and teen blazer outfit (HP did it already, I just forgot to do it). Thanks atatonbo for noticing.
UPDATE 10/31/08 - Added alternate, longer versions of tf and af capriSneaks.

Instructor
#35 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 1:20 AM
Thank you! Will nab as soon as I'm not in Bodyshop anymore. (I just installed AL and ran a clean game for a little while and I'm on a massive CC deleting spree, but I'm also loving all this stuff to improve and expand on the Maxis clothes. Even outfits I'd never use on my own can at least look better on townies. ^_-)
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 1:58 AM
Thanks thanks thanks for the longer pants + sneaker version!! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 5:24 PM
Isn't it awful we have to "fix" so much of what EA does. And when they do it right, we're left with our mouths open in surprise. That doesn't happen often. Thank you.
Test Subject
#38 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 6:43 PM
does anyone have a before and after shot?
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#39 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 7:29 PM
SealJuice I made before and after shots of every single item I modified. They're in the comments, along with the downloads. If you haven't seen them, then I don't think you got the downloads either.

Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#40 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 2:59 AM
update - added 3 more pairs of pants in posts #8 - #10, they all have links to separate threads.

Test Subject
#41 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 6:52 PM
These are really cool, the jeans for teen girls were driving me crazy, and the capri's are really cute!
You probably get questions like this a lot, but I noticed that you were able to make an age conversion from adult pants to teen, the tutorials all say it can't be done w/out making a new mesh, is that what you did for the capri's?
If so, have you thought about converting the AF Nightlife wide jeans to teen? I've looked everywhere and no one else has done it, I don't know if it can be done...
I was beginning to wonder if I should try it, (before I read that you need to be able to make/edit meshes) but the most I can do is recolors.

Smile, it makes the world wonder what you are up to.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#42 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 7:49 PM
Telraven I'm actually writing an age conversion tutorial right now, with pictures. Yes, it can be done, it's not hard. I think you should go for it! I suggest you begin by doing the Unimesh 1 and Unimesh 2 tutorials in Create -> Tutorials -> BodyShop Meshing Tutorials. Then, to age convert adult pants to teen, do this...

- import ANY teen bottom in MilkShape, but pants would be best
- import the adult pants you are converting, you should have both in MilkShape now
- scale the adult pants in Y, about the origin, so they are as short as the teen pants
- scale them in X and Z, so they look about teen sized
- shape the butt so it looks like the butt in the teen pants
- delete the original teen pants groups, just keep the ones you adjusted
- import a teen top (tank works well for this)
- move the tank top groups UP so they are ABOVE the pants groups in the list
- use Vertex Data Merge to match up the pants vertices at the waist to the shirt vertices at the waist
- delete the shirt groups
- export your pants, and put your new GMDC in a mesh package using the instructions from the Unimesh tutorials

Lab Assistant
#43 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 6:48 AM
You know, I never realized just how much I hated maxis skinny chicken legs til I spotted these.
I was only going to grab the granny replacements, but once I looked at the difference in the others I figured I had to have those too.

Thanks so much. (Even though I can hear my downloads folder grumbling lol.)
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#44 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 5:40 AM
UPDATE Apr 5 2009 I have made the EF bottomSlacksHeels and EF bottomCowboy meshes untuckable. I will upload untucked recolors, in separate threads, tonight.

Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#45 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 6:34 AM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 30th Jun 2009 at 10:21 PM.
UPDATE 06/29/09

AF capriSneaks have pregnant morph and ten colors now.
TF and AF capriSneaks have new untucked recolors.
Redownload af default mesh.
Download new af / tf recolors.
See post #5 (capriSneaks)

Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#46 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 6:05 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 30th Jun 2009 at 9:13 PM.
UPDATE 06/30/09

Added pregnant morph for kasa pants, see post #10.
Redownload the default mesh for kasa pants.

#47 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 8:32 PM
I`m slightly confuzzled. What do I need to (re-)download to get the non-default stuff that was updated since 2008 Oct 28th?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#48 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 9:12 PM
Redownload the meshes. Pregnant morphs are part of the mesh. No need to redownload recolors, those didn't change.

Non-default stuff? Almost everything in this thread is default replacements. The teen capri sneaks are not default, but I haven't added pregnant morphs to those.

#49 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 9:20 PM
That`s probably what I downloaded last October, then. Thanks.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#50 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 6:08 AM
You the best! thank you very much
Page 2 of 3