Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#151 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 8:30 PM
Tumbleweed Rest, a plain, eerie graveyard and church in Strangetown.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#152 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 1:42 PM
Default Sims macdonalds
Inside my Sims Macdonalds

Field Researcher
#153 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 7:29 AM
I'm currently running a 50s neighbourhood due to my obsession with the era, so here's the interior of a diner I built, very loosely based on Arnold's in Happy Days. I'll update with more pics in a bit, I just happened to stumble on this thread.
Screenshots

~Jo
Shady, Bruno, Nouk, Fanseelamb and JB: You all help to break my downloads folder. You're all so brilliant, so I wanted to say thanks.
"Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde
Field Researcher
#154 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 4:38 PM
Got my Mcdonalds up and running.

That's the owner Phillip Spalding in the funny suit

And now he is walking around Springfield looking like that....hehehe
Mad Poster
#155 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 1:39 AM Last edited by lauratje86 : 1st Apr 2013 at 11:15 AM.
I will add some more pictures to this tomorrow, but I am proud to present.....

Sunset Island's Town Square

I am currently setting up a new 'hood, Sunset Island. In what is a complete first for me, I have built all of the lots myself. I am particularly proud of this one, the Town Square. It takes pride of place on the island, surrounded on 2 1/2 sides by row houses and overlooking the beach.

At the centre of the square is a gazebo, which will be used as a prime playing spot by buskers (if I can get that to work how I want!). The main entrance is between the toilet block and the playground, but there are four paths leading from the edge of the square to the central gazebo. The paths to the gazebo divide the rest of the square into four distinct areas.

In the upper left corner is the picnic area, which has 3 picnic tables and a fountain. During the summer holidays this area is turned into a children's area - the fountain and one of the picnic tables are dismantled and stored under the gazebo (in my mind!) and a wading pool and a bouncy castle take their place.

In the upper right corner is the wedding area. With seating for plenty of guests and a wedding arch (albeit an invisible one) this spot is perfect for weddings. Sims can bring their own flowers to customise their wedding, and there is a 3-tile table for wedding cake, champagne, chocolate fountains and whatever else they may want for their special day.

In the lower left corner is a small children's playground. It features a lovely climbing frame/playhouse, a slide, a sandpit and a bee spring rider. Ideal for children and toddlers alike, this playground will make the Town Square a great location for family outings.

Finally, in the lower right corner is a small garden area, with seating and a small fountain. Oh, and the toilet block - very important! There are also two vending machines for sims who didn't bring a picnic and fancy a quick snack whilst they're here.

I can't wait to finish setting up my 'hood and play with this lot! I am definitely looking forward to sending my sims here to mingle! :-)

**ETA** I sent a test sim here to try out my busking and picnicking ideas, and they both seem to work! Yay! :-)
Scholar
#156 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 1:39 PM
Jodie Larson recently opened a home business named "The Garbage Sale." Really, it's just her "clever" name for the three tables from which she sells random crap she's dug out of her yard.

It hasn't been hurt by its negative review either: garbage expert Difficult Subject came out to see the place and she liked it far better than the stuck-up reviewer did.

She brought in a good number of customers through word-of-mouth, too. ("Difficult was right: it is full of garbage. Jodie's got some brass ones on her, that's for sure.")

Even rain couldn't stop Jodie from making a quick buck! (Though Sharla Ottomas did get confused by the concept of "line-dancing.")

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#157 Old 14th May 2013 at 5:04 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 4th Jun 2013 at 1:57 PM.

Bookstore by Peni G, on Flickr
Welcome to the Enlightened Bookstore! Polly Esther Curian gave up on finding work in the saturated Drama Acres education market, and bought the old 3-in-1. It needed a few modifications. For instance, there's now enough light to read by in there!

Bookstore Dirt Dishing by Peni G, on
The coffee bar is a good place for dirt dishing, but it took up way too much space, so when I got round to Polly Esther's household in the rotation I took it out and it's now the magazine section, with the espresso machine on a counter by itself in the room with the couches. Brittany's dishing about the Ghotes' marital woes. Given how many times her own marriage has been hit with that stick, you'd think she'd display more sympathy and less Schadenfreude.

Geez, Kevin, will you just buy a postcard already?

The front room is now educational toys for sale, so the chess game set up for customers rather than for sale is in the larger rear space now. Much handier. My chief problem with this lot is getting clear lines of sight even with walls down.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 1:38 AM
i don't have sims 2 ofb yet... but im getting it soon and when i get it i shall have photos :u
Field Researcher
#159 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 8:56 AM

More pics here.
Banned
#160 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 3:53 AM
"Where do you go if you want to buy name brand spatulas at a fraction of retail cost?!"

I'm still working on it, but the exterior is finished. I'm going to use the lot as a Sim-owned business.
Mad Poster
#161 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 1:03 PM

Pigeon Hawkins has opened up a store selling children and baby items (because what else would a Hawkins sell?) and her very first customer is her big sister Sadie!

Sadie really goes to town on the play equipment! Even though her twins aren't old enough to play on it yet, she's planning ahead.

And there's little sister Marsha, who doesn't have kids yet, but is picking something up for a prospective niece or nephew. There's always a kid to buy stuff for in the Hawkins family.

Frank Munny is operating his late grandmother's house, now the Mary Munny Memorial Music Center, in accordance with her wishes and on behalf of the city. It was donated as is and functions well, set up exactly as when she was alive. All Frank has to do is sell tickets, work the booth, and keep the place clean and in repair.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Link Ninja
#162 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 6:53 AM Last edited by Charmful : 25th Mar 2017 at 9:12 AM.
Default Haley Paulson's 'Boutique of Blooms'

After graduating Sim State, Haley started developing her skill for flower arranging and opened up shop in the first floor of her town home. Eventually she got tired of that, being one of those sims that just goes in and out of phases. She has since sold her town home and moved into a penthouse apartment to ponder her next business venture.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#163 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 6:02 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 22nd Feb 2014 at 6:18 PM.

I'm really rather proud of this. It's not finished yet, but it's shaping up fairly well - I don't know why the roof looks like that though, it's meant to be the same height all the way along..... It's an ice cream parlour with two studio apartments above it. I made it using this tutorial (which is awesome, by the way!) - it's three separate lots, placed over one another using Mootilda's Lot Adjuster. This means that the ice cream parlour can be run as an owned business, which wouldn't be possible if I'd built it and the two apartments on the same lot and used MogHughson's Apartments & Shopping On The Same Lot to turn the ice cream parlour into a working restaurant. It was inspired by two things, one TS2-related and one RL - Sunni's Scoops Ice Cream Parlour and Hooray's Gelato, which is in Stratford-upon-Avon, England. I visited it for the first time on Thursday - and for the second time yesterday! I think I'm addicted! :-D

I plan to have all of the bits of this lot owned by one sim/family - they will run the ice cream parlour as a business and own the two apartments (which are on separate lots, to make them more versatile - as well as having them as apartments it would also be possible to have them as two normal owned residential lots) using Inge's Lot Income Rights System. I'm very excited about playing these lots - and building more following the tutorial. I'd love to build an entire Downtown like this! :-)
Mad Poster
#164 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 1:20 PM

It doesn't look like much now, but Fran is convinced that the Worthington Produce Stand will become the foundation of a grocery store empire! It helps his bottom line that he's got his housemates and wife supplying free labor.

That's an odd topic of conversation, but George Hawkins is all smiles when talking to the owner of The Hot Spot, Luz Ghote.

He saves his complaints for her husband Billy, whose name isn't even on the deed, interrupting a conversation with Billy's townie friend, who thinks he should fly off if he doesn't like it here.

At Kid Stuff, Laus Newson has been allowed to pick out his own toys and pay for them himself.

Test Subject
#165 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 5:34 PM
Kiosk

A small kiosk on Sue's Isand - not yet owned but will be as soon as I'm back at home.
Mad Poster
#166 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 5:34 PM
Such attractive businesses! In my Strangetown, GooseBoy Smith (don't ask) likes to make things like Servos. But all those big things take so LONG to build! He has a home business that takes up the whole downstairs, and THIS community lot. It looks really plain, but he makes money on those big items. He started stocking smaller items just because, even with 3 employees, he couldn't keep up. In this sceen, Garret greats the owner. Garret doesn't mind that the other customers are strange - this IS Strangetown, but agrees with some of them that this store sucks. The slowest cashier, empty shelves, and pushy sells people.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#167 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 6:22 PM

The Natural Kitchen has food in the front and food- and nature-related items in the back. Here Oliver Onions sells a hanging potrack to the grouchiest man in Drama Acres, Esteban Casa; who could learn a thing or two from Oliver's sale style. It works so much better than poking customers does!

Mickey Dosser checks out Trent Traveller's roadside stand, selling his fresh tomatoes and handicrafts. I think Mickey was really hoping to score some weed, but can't figure out the code word to trigger the offer.

Junior Mann dazzles Skye Weiss with the possibilities of canned beans.

Everyone crowds into that corner at the General Store, though relatively few people seem to be shopping. The General Store has always been as much social hub as a store.

Mad Poster
#168 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 1:41 AM
Simanimal Jung
The one and only petshop in my 'Hood, owned by ex-Townie, Rodney Jung.

Rodney could offer you a tour, but..he's on the phone with his future second cashier, see...

At Simanimal Jung, we sell all the pets you can have. No. Really. Same goes for all those you can't have. We don't sell them.

Floor plan. Sorry, cats & dogs disappear from they boxes in Buy mode..but they do enjoy Reggae music.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#169 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 2:33 AM
R.I.A Cemetery.
Owner : Raoul Haunter.

All 'Hoods need one.

Those graves, are real. (meet the founders, aka first "residents "....Muahaha.)

Raoul also sells flower arrangements..we never know when that might be useful.

R.I.A Cemetery also has a chapel, and restrooms. Oh..that gloomy atmosphere.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 9:07 PM Last edited by lilorchid79 : 9th Nov 2014 at 11:10 PM.
The businesses you guys have created are amazing. Seriously, I'm blown away!

Here are a couple of shots of Rainelle Neengia's antique store, Time After Time:

Rainelle talking prices with Belladonna Cove's resident supermodel/gold digger, Murphy Cartier.

The shop is doing pretty well so far. She got a Best of the Best Award her first day in business.
Theorist
#171 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 12:21 AM
The grand opening of Natasha Una's business - Una's Art Emporium

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#172 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 5:34 PM

Frank and Amanda Munny make one last check before the grand opening of Munny Music. "Hmm...something's missing."
"That'd be that section of fence behind you."
"Yup, you're right as always. You're so hot when you're right."

Here you can buy amps, instruments, and prints of the painting for his Gramary's retrospective album, "Mary in Paradise."

Here's the view from that corner. The grand opening is actually tomorrow, but Helen Wheels had her nose pressed to the window and they didn't mind giving her an early bird entrance while they were setting things in order.

And that first sale is a doozy, as Skylar Zarubin makes a major investment in his daughter's musical education.

Lab Assistant
#173 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 11:02 PM
I'm working on a coffee house for my custom hood, Sea Haven. I call it The Bean. I still have a little more ways to go: adding lighting and some more rugs, but I really love it so far.

And finally, an exterior shot:

Field Researcher
#174 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 5:54 AM
The church

Theorist
#175 Old 5th May 2015 at 8:29 AM
While at the local cemetery, have you ever gotten the feeling you're being watched? I love my cemetery but it creeps me out ocassionally.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Page 7 of 12