Replies: 37 (Who?), Viewed: 16554 times.
Page 2 of 2
Eminence Grise
#26 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 10:09 PM
I figured the pigeons were a fog generator effect -- thanks for digging up the codes!

And I'm sure the generator doesn't require buying Ambitions... it may have come with the ambitions patch, though. But EA wouldn't require owning ambitions to see pigeons in Bridgeport.
The other one
#27 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb40
Is there a list that lets someone know all the effects the fog emitter do? I never really tried it before.

You can read more about it and find a full list (well, it was full up to Ambitions, I have no idea how many effects LN added) here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=405544

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Test Subject
#28 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 11:18 PM
I wonder if that same technique could be used to place fish spawners in your ponds in game? Sorry if this is not the post to ask this, but I was just wondering. I am new to building on lots.

Trixxi Starr says...
Quote:
"Fallen in the fields of battle the soldier asks, 'Who will remember me? Who will remember me??'
The other one
#29 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:12 AM
You don't need to use the fog emitter for that just do this:

Type in testingcheatsenabled true followed by buydebug on
In buy menu sort by object type (not by room)
On the bottom right there will be a new section marked with a questionmark. In there you'll find loads of spawners and new debug items, it's also where you find the fog emitter.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Mad Poster
#30 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:06 AM
Thank you very much, missroxor! RawR!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 1:50 AM
Thanks this is awesome!
Mad Poster
#32 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 1:49 PM
How are people getting these new effects in CAW? If I search for 'ep3' or 'pigeon' or any other variation nothing shows up. I have some of the new Bridgeport objects like the new street light though.
I understand I can use the fog emitter if I want the effects on a lot but what about if I want them off lot in my CAW world?
Is there a new version of CAW I am unaware of?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#33 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 1:29 AM
Menaceman44- the pigeons aren't in CAW- this discussion is just describing the fog emitter you place in buy mode on a lot.

If you wanted to enable these in CAW, you'd have to find them in the game data files and amend the OBJD. However, I've had no luck finding these yet (although I did find the swamp fog effect from Twinbrook). So an alternative would be to splice a world layer from Bridgeport with these items on into your custom world, but that's quite fiddly.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Mad Poster
#34 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 1:02 PM
I'll just stick to keeping them on-lot then. I thought I'd seen a screenshot of the CAW effects list with them in there somewhere. That's whay I asked.

ETA: Just realised the screenshot I had seen was of Bridgeport in CAW. So that explains why they showed there.

Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#35 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 3:59 AM
I could give you a rough tutorial if you like, so you can have a crack at it. The more you fiddle with files, the more you learn!

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Mad Poster
#36 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 6:57 PM
I'm good thanks. I'm currently trying to figure out how to place plasma fruit on a community lot in my CAW world considering there doesn't seem to be a spawner or AutoSoil plant for it. I'm thinking I might get a Sim in an existing game to plant some on a lot and then export it to the library and place it that way.

Page 2 of 2