Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#151 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer
...Plus store worlds are, perfect, while EP worlds are just a hot ass mess. ...

As far as I am aware, EA only have one world builder. I thought they said that in one of the videos they did a few months back. A few lot builders, but only one world builder.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Scholar
#152 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
I'm not sure if you're serious, Night Racer. Store worlds are perfect? You do realize that Sunlit Tides and Disaster Bay are store worlds, yes?

As for the futuristic looking stuff, there's an expansion planned for that.

Ok, well maybe this is a case of I shouldn't say anything if I dont know, because I dont have sunlit tides in my game (It keeps saying I need to update my game, but I have the most recent updates. The site says you need patch 1.50...which dosnt exist?)
Anyway by perfect I mean overall theme, layout and execution, which, again, I can only judge by other players pictures and opinion of them. And from what im hearing, alot of people are really happy with these last 3. Whats wrong with Sunlit Tides?
My point being more was that the 3 most recent Store worlds (Sunlit Tides, Lucky Palms, Monte Vista, hell, even the lunar one I guess) were really well put together, While the last few EP words (Moonlight Falls and Starlight shores) Left alot to be desired, IMO. Starlight shores actually made me emotionally depressed, I was so excited and the loading screen made it look so awesome. And then it loaded all the way and I said oh.
Top Secret Researcher
#153 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer
Whats wrong with Sunlit Tides?

It has more routing problems than all other EA worlds combined. It makes Bridgeport look like a well polished product. Other players have reported problems with sims sinking through the world while doing crazy stuff, like playing the guitar. Maybe they would float instead, if only they could have afros.

I expect I could find even more wrong with it if I could stand to play it. As it is, I only keep it for the rabbit holes to use in other worlds. It's a shame, because it does look pretty.
One Minute Ninja'd
#154 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
As far as I am aware, EA only have one world builder. I thought they said that in one of the videos they did a few months back. A few lot builders, but only one world builder.

Wow, can EA's budget support only one world builder? Maybe they can get someone to turn out the crap as a part-timer, and really save on fringe benefits.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#155 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 5:10 AM
Store worlds are always as good as the EP worlds.

Barnacle Bay... so much no, but it's their first world, so I'm not too miffed. The architecture here was just terrible.

Hidden Springs was alright, but lacking. The whole "green people" thing just didn't work. Also, the roofs on the homes are abysmal. I know what kind of roof they were trying to create, but it didn't work. The content, also, doens't really translate well.

Lunar Lakes has obvious problems. I don't even think they should have attempted. They couldn't get a complete sci-fi theme going at all - even with the base game. It would have been better with a full EP treatment. Would have been great for the new Time Travel EP.

Lucky Palms was flawless - the routing, the sculpting, the lots, the Sims, the stories, the build/buy items, the gold edition (as a whole - alone, it's a no), the Well, the... everything. The ONLY thing EA got wrong was the docks, because they hadn't done them before, and neglected a few aspects when making them, like the terrain paint beneath them, and the breaking walls

Sunlit Tides, I felt as though the terrain and painting look good up close, and from really far away, but, generally, could be better. EA got a tad lazy here and there (or didn't balance time). The PC was great, but the items, I wasn't a fan of. I didn't care about the bed, the pot of flowers or the sculpture. A lot of the world felt like fluff, and I felt as though the theme could have been handled better.

Monte Vista... a lots of hits and misses in one single town. It comes with a lot of stuff, but you can't really use much of it to it's full potential. It looks very pretty, but the sculpting doens't lend itself to freedom, and you can't tailor it as much to your liking, though that isn't too much of a problem. It's not terrible, just a bit off.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#156 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Store worlds are always as good as the EP worlds.

Barnacle Bay... so much no, but it's their first world, so I'm not too miffed. The architecture here was just terrible.

What about Riverview? That was their first world outside of an EP.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#157 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 2:52 PM
I didn't include it because it was supposed to be in the base game but didn't fit.

Mad Poster
#158 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 5:01 PM
I did not know that.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#159 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 5:04 PM
Well, that's the story that was given. XD

Top Secret Researcher
#160 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 6:02 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 24th Jan 2013 at 6:59 PM. Reason: Typo
I remember that! 'We haven't finished it yet!' A week later it was available Duh. It was in fact used as a lure because to get it you had to 1) Sign in on the Sims 3 official site 2) Register your game. So they were killing 2 birds with one stone: taunting the pirates (unable to enter a valid registration number) and growing their users numbers (future store shoppers!).
Test Subject
#161 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
EA has completely no idea what furniture looked like in those times. Clothing is hideous and the only things I like are three hairstyles for women. The rest is useless

I totally agree on that one. I was growing up during the 70s (born in 1969), I seem to remember the clothes actually fitting; not like the white suit in this stuff pack, pretty sure that waistcoats didn't stop halfway down the stomach. Seriously, I wish I hadn't wasted a tenner on this. If I wanted the disco radio stations, I could have put on my 200+ disco tunes into the music folder. It just seems like a half-ar**d attempt by people who no idea whatsoever about the 70s. 80s and 90s I can't comment on, because they kind of passed me by, I joined the army in 1985 and got married at the same time, then the kids started popping out, throughout the 90s I was too busy moving from country to country, so It was a bit of a blur!

God, I miss the 70s!
Field Researcher
#162 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 3:40 PM
I LOVE almost all the clothes but i really hate the hair. The furniture doesn't match with anything but i love the TV's - especially the one with the stand; I had one almost identical when I was young, haha.
For me, the clothes alone were worth the money for this stuff pack.
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Welcome to The Past

______________________________________________________________________________________________

-Television [Mid Century]
-Large Entertainment Center [Rock]
-Record Player [Disco]
-Boombox on End Table [Rock]
-Arcade Cabinet [80s]

-Guitar [Rock]
-LED Foosball [80s]
-LED Dance Floor [Disco]

-Table Orb Lamp [Disco]
-Floor Lamp [Mid Century]
-Party Ball [Disco]

This thread has been helpful in deflating my enthusiasm for the product while simultaneously quelling my guilt for shelling out for every stuff pack, which I always do just for completeness. I'll wait until it goes on sale to buy it--which will be right about the time that University is released--because some of the buy items look fun.

It will be funny when some of the townies start wearing the badly styled 70s/80s/90s hair and clothing. The town will look just like upstate New York.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#164 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 4:19 PM
The Stuff pack is useful, actually, depending on what EP or SP you pair it with. It's great with Fast Lane Stuff, since FL deals with classic themes. It also pairs well with University, Ambitions, Showtime and Late Night.

I can only wish they put a bigger focus on the 90's industrial/grunge look. There isn't much in the game as it is, and the stuff in this SP is already lacking and inconsistent. Unless it appears in the store, we wont see Industrial ever again, or for at least a year.

Instructor
#165 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JadeJoy00
This thread has been helpful in deflating my enthusiasm for the product while simultaneously quelling my guilt for shelling out for every stuff pack, which I always do just for completeness. I'll wait until it goes on sale to buy it--which will be right about the time that University is released--because some of the buy items look fun.

It will be funny when some of the townies start wearing the badly styled 70s/80s/90s hair and clothing. The town will look just like upstate New York.

Yeah... I buy every Stuff Pack, including the Katy Perry monstrosity, but I'm kind of regretting buying this one before it went on sale. It's... okay. But The only item I've used is the guitar and the plant. I just wish there were more items. In the old stuff packs you'd get enough items to decorate a room, like a bedroom and a bathroom. This one just has random stuff.
Mad Poster
#166 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by annoellyn
I LOVE almost all the clothes but i really hate the hair. The furniture doesn't match with anything...

This is the part I can agree with. I like a few clothing pieces, but most will not be used by my actives. Sigh...my town will most likely being using these clothing pieces the most because I don't want to see it.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
One Minute Ninja'd
#167 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 12:30 AM Last edited by eskie227 : 28th Jan 2013 at 12:30 AM. Reason: spelling
I think, for once, I was glad I was busy at work last week, so I didn't really have time to pick the up. Based on the posts so far, I might have saved myself some money on this one. While it doesn't sound abhorrent like Katy, it doesn't sound like it gives very much stuff for the money. I can fill in whatever types of items they do offer with decent cc from the community. I never bought FLS either, as Fresh-Prince's car collection made that whole SP seem superfluous (and the clothing didn't make up for the auto aspect).
Test Subject
#168 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 12:54 AM
disappointed by the response to the pack, was kind of looking forward to it, oh well.
Top Secret Researcher
#169 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
I think, for once, I was glad I was busy at work last week, so I didn't really have time to pick the up. Based on the posts so far, I might have saved myself some money on this one. While it doesn't sound abhorrent like Katy, it doesn't sound like it gives very much stuff for the money. I can fill in whatever types of items they do offer with decent cc from the community. I never bought FLS either, as Fresh-Prince's car collection made that whole SP seem superfluous (and the clothing didn't make up for the auto aspect).

I like the decor items from FLS. Also, I actually like the cars in FLS. I love Fresh-Prince's work, but the FLS cars are eclectic and quirky.

Count me amongst those who are happy not to have bought the decades stuff pack.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#170 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 6:15 PM
I bought it a couple of days ago and was rather disappointed. I liked a few things but I don't feel it was worth the money, I felt as if there just wasn't enough. I was really looking forward to it too...and when I finally got it I thought to myself "That's it?"
Page 7 of 7