Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#226 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 10:41 PM
I dont know where 2 find my original gmdc file in step 47
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#227 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 11:59 PM
In your folder that you made for this project.... Part II, Step 9, specifically is when you originally found it and saved it to your hard drive.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#228 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
In your folder that you made for this project.... Part II, Step 9, specifically is when you originally found it and saved it to your hard drive.

Ty that helped but now i have another problem....i follow the tutorial word for word but then after i save and quit the mesh doesent appear in body shop do i hvae to open the game first?or what....plz help!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#229 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 3:57 AM
Try checking the things listed here: http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=131405

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#230 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 10:10 PM
thats great i read the whole thing 3 or 4 times and used this to work on my new body mesh and yes it worked great job thanks for the help i would be clueless with out it now i am going onto hair meshing thanks.
Test Subject
#231 Old 22nd Sep 2006 at 2:57 PM
YESSSS!!! I MADE IT!!!!! :DThank you!!!
Field Researcher
#232 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 2:50 AM
omg!!! look at what happened
i attached the pic
Screenshots

Want free quality downloads? then visit my site!!
www.toxiccharm.net
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#233 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 4:33 AM
playgirl - congrats! Your first dramatically bad mesh! Happens to most of us at some point.

It looks to me like 'Mesh: is Laying Down in Bodyshop' http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=131397

Probably your best bet, as you're just learning, is to start over again and watch the way the xyz is set before you export the OBJ file. (also what 3d editor are you using, milkshape, or something else?)

You can also try following the directions in the link I just gave and see if that fixes your mesh.

Field Researcher
#234 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 4:32 PM
thanks tig it's fixed now
Screenshots

www.toxiccharm.net
Test Subject
#235 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 3:12 AM
Default i dont get...
where the Miche and Delphy’s Sims2MeshTool came from

please help me....i have EVERYTHING else down....
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#236 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 4:08 AM
marenbobarren
?? there's a link in the beginning of this tutorial... leads to a thread. The first message has the download of meshtool at the end of it, just like many things on this site.

play girl
congrats on your first working mesh!

Test Subject
#237 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 4:35 AM
Default yeah.....
i still cant find it....would you mind terribly reposting the link here????
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#238 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 4:54 AM
marenbobarren, look at the first post on this tutorial... at the beginning... right under "To follow this tutorial you will need:"

Meshing requires open eyes, clean glasses, and your brain set to the on position. Give it another look.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#239 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 5:12 PM
I made it to step 49 this time, but I can't find my GMDC file in the TutorialDress folder. All I see are my modifiedcres and modifiedshape files. When I open it on the desktop, all the files are there, and the GMDC is in 5gn format. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to start all over again...? (oh, and by the way, everytime I look at this tutorial I wonder why some people (aka you) are such geniuses...)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#240 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 11:56 PM
I believe the gn is the geometric data _node_. You should have another one with a funny name similar but with 5gd as the ending. But you should maybe be using the xml? I honestly don't know offhand, because seriously, the program offers you the right thing.

Sounds like you're not letting the program find things with the default settings? It should really offer it to you automatically. Look at the settings at the bottom of the open window and let it list all files.

Lab Assistant
#241 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 4:43 PM
Yay! I found it, and the mesh worked! Praise be to Tiggerypum!
Field Researcher
#242 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 6:06 PM
oh no i got another prob the shape and resource node aren't showing up
Screenshots

www.toxiccharm.net
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#243 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 2:34 AM
playgirl, because you skipped the step before that? where you were supposed to add the modified shape and cres to your package. I don't see them on the list big list in the left window. That's why they don't appear.

Field Researcher
#244 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 5:15 AM
i don't get it i did... i put the modified shape and cres in the project folder.. i'm kinda lost now

www.toxiccharm.net
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#245 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 10:14 AM
Yes, putting the modified shape and cres into your project folder is step #19.

Step 20 is opening your bodyshop package.

Step 21 (which you missed) is right clicking and selecting 'ADD' and then reading in your modified shape, and doing ADD again for your modified cres

Then comes Step 22 and 23 which is what you pictured.

Field Researcher
#246 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 4:35 PM Last edited by play girl : 14th Oct 2006 at 4:47 PM.
Yes, putting the modified shape and cres into your project folder is step #19.

Step 20 is opening your bodyshop package.

Step 21 (which you missed) is right clicking and selecting 'ADD' and then reading in your modified shape, and doing ADD again for your modified cres

Then comes Step 22 and 23 which is what you pictured.

thanks Tig...sorry for being a pain lol...i got another problem everything went great..,the mesh showed up on the manequin but not in the thumnail shows up lying down take a look..
is it the texture if i texture it will it be fixed?
Screenshots
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#247 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 9:15 PM
!! Hmm, I've not seen that. Thumbnails are generated the _first time_ you look at that particular recolor. So if you had a laying down sim at some point during the edit, that probably would explain it. Deleting your thumbnails (or better, just make another recolor) should give you a working thumbnail. If you make a new recolor, you can then just delete the old one.

Field Researcher
#248 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 3:36 PM
!! Hmm, I've not seen that. Thumbnails are generated the _first time_ you look at that particular recolor. So if you had a laying down sim at some point during the edit, that probably would explain it. Deleting your thumbnails (or better, just make another recolor) should give you a working thumbnail. If you make a new recolor, you can then just delete the old one.

the recolor worked thanks
uhmmm..... the mesh doesn't have a bumpmap file, i had seen a tutorial about adding a bumpmaps to meshes i think but i can't find it can you help me? or link me to it?

www.toxiccharm.net
Field Researcher
#249 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 4:33 PM
thanks Tig for all your help i textured it all i need is to get a bumpmap for it
Screenshots

www.toxiccharm.net
Test Subject
#250 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 2:33 PM
Thank you very much! You're my idol!

...I gotta get loose Cause I sold my soul to rock 'n' roll...
Page 10 of 21