Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#276 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 2:52 AM
You've gotta love that EAxis coding.

My opinions may be uninformed BS, but at least I've thought about my uninformed BS.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#277 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 11:03 AM
This is my glitch. I put the Trailer Park Apartment in Downtown from the house bin. The trailer park was the similar one where Jessica Peterson of belladonna cove lives. But the apartment is very glitchy. Whenever there's any sims making out, my game will crash and I have to restart the game again. The game crashes only in that condition.
Field Researcher
#278 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 5:52 AM
My scariest glitch was one that, embarassingly enough, I probably caused myself (rather than the game just deciding to act goofy for whatever reason). I was playing a family I had made, and I went a bit nuts with moveobjects. I put sims into funny situations (such as an adult "holding" a child or another adult, or standing in the middle of the couch or something), made an army of clones of a toddler who lived there (taking care, of course, to delete all the clones when I was finished!), experimented with what it would look like to attach different objects to a sim, you name it. And when I was done, without thinking, I saved the game before exiting the lot.

Well, the next time I played that lot, I was shocked and a bit unnerved, to say the very least, to find that the entire family had basically become statues. They were "frozen" in place and couldn't move (looking back on it, since they had all be doing various actions when I'd saved the lot earlier, some of them were frozen in pretty funny positions. For example, the mother was frozen in the middle of changing one of the toddlers' diapers!). I checked to make sure that it wasn't just that the game was on pause, and no, it wasn't. It was on play mode.

No matter what I did, I could not get those sims to move. Also, the clock was frozen. It was as if the lot had gone into some sort of pseudo-pause thing. So then I moved the family (by using the "move family" tool to move the family to the sim bin from neighborhood view, and then moving them into another house), thinking that might cure whatever was going on with them.

It didn't. When I entered the lot with their new house, they were all sitting on the front lawn, still frozen. As you can probably guess, I ended up having to delete the family. Let me tell you, entering a lot and finding your sims frozen like statues is quite creepy! It took me quite awhile to get over that one!

Also, a glitch I had recently, that surprised me, but was just plain weird and kind of funny, rather than scary: I was playing Dustin Brooke (a YA attending La Fiesta Tech in my game), and for some reason I was looking at his relationships panel. I was very shocked to discover that he had one-bolt of chemistry with Brandi....his mother! Luckily, it didn't take me long at all to figure out the problem. For some reason, Dustin wasn't recognizing Brandi as family, and I was able to fix the problem with SimPE.

The idea of Dustin having the hots for his mother definitely weirded me out. I don't want any simcest in my game, thank you very much (plus, in my game, Brandi is remarried. The idea of her cheating on her husband is bad enough....but her cheating on her husband with her SON? Um, EWWWWWWWW!)!
Instructor
#279 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 5:36 PM
I had a weird one yesterday.

First off, I've had an ongoing glitch where random townies will appear at the end of the sidewalk and just stand there. They never enter the property, you can't interact with them. I use a teleporter to clear them off because they eat up processing power while they're there. If everyone's asleep and the clock tries to speed up, it can't. Once I delete the townies it's fine.

Second, the only really annoying thing about this glitch is that if someone in the house is at work, and a sidewalk townie appears, the person who is at work has a very high chance of just appearing on his or her lawn. If he or she drove to work, the car never comes back. I have to delete the driveway because I can't put another car on it. I have to make the person walk to work, and then it says they're late for work. I think it only happens with some jobs or some job levels. I can keep from getting someone fired by leaving the townies there so that more of them don't appear.

ANYWAYS. Yesterday Jack the bricklayer was at work and a townie appeared. Jack didn't suddenly appear on the lawn -- instead, he appeared standing on ground level, which means under the foundation of the house. His upper body was sticking through the in-ground hot tub in the rec room. He was stuck, he couldn't do anything or move, and kept waving at me with the balloon that says something is in his way.

I have a teleporter mod and I used it to teleport Jack into the kitchen (which is where the teleporter is). But instead of just summoning Jack from where he was, it created a duplicate Jack. D:

Then I remembered the moveObjects code, so I used that to delete the duplicate and rescue the original Jack from where he was stuck in the rec room floor.

I think my computer has been watching too many Star Trek episodes, the ones where there's a transporter accident that splits someone into two people or beams someone into a wall...
Lab Assistant
#280 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 10:36 PM
Weird glitch for me was I moved my sim family into a new home, only to find an invisible sim sleeping in the bed.
Test Subject
#281 Old 14th May 2011 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BreatheHorror
I'd have to say what happened in this video here: Infants playing video games.

Holy ...! That is creepy.

I've been pretty lucky so far, though I do have issues with mirrors and glasses at the moment. Glasses aren't transparent... or rather ,they are, but you can see all the way through the Sim's head, and any walls behind them, to the outside. It's quite disconcerting.

Call me Mal.
Test Subject
#282 Old 15th May 2011 at 1:32 AM
I don't usually get a lot of glitches in my game, but this one caught me off-guard and almost gave me a heart attack. I think she looks either high or possessed. Or both.

Lab Assistant
#283 Old 15th May 2011 at 9:20 AM
I've had my fair share of glitches,some amusing but seemingly harmless, some bad or irritating and some just weird.

First, in one of my legacies, there was a decorative balcony. There was a door to get onto it, but none of my sims ever did because there was nothing on it to interest them. At one point, the spouse of the previous heiress must have glitched onto the balcony and ended up stuck. I didn't realize this at the time and quit with saving. Then, I went back to the family and I then I noticed that he was stuck there. I directed him to go back into the house, but it would just cancel out of his cue and he would wave his hands in the air. I think it was the CC I used on the balcony that was blocking his way, but I don't know how he got there in the first place.

This one is fairly amusing. I was building a mausoleum using a CC sarcophagus in the halloween themed custom hood I used to have. One of the sims in the house was pregnant and she went to "What's this?" the items in the mausoleum. She went into labor there and gave birth. A few seconds later, she got stuck in an infinite loop, trying to put the baby into the sarcophagus. I can't remember how I fixed it, but I managed to and it was kind of funny.

Also, I had a small glitch that happened after I had just installed Apartment Life and wanted to try playing witches. I decided that my simself's husband would be the first to become a warlock. I summoned the good witch to the lot and used cheats to bring up their relationship. She transformed him into a warlock, but he was instantly an infallibly good warlock instead of starting at nice. His magic skill was where it should have been, so the only difference was that he automatically became infallibly good. I've never had that glitch since, so I don't know what happened. I though it was kind of cute at the time.
Test Subject
#284 Old 15th May 2011 at 9:01 PM
I haven't got that many glitches, although I play a lot. Pretty much just the usual: jump bugs and custom content hating each other. Sometimes I get floating babies and heads that have turned around in a freaky way (both these have been posted with screenies before here). Hope I get something more interesting someday!
Test Subject
#285 Old 15th May 2011 at 10:13 PM
I'll be innocently playing my game, and meshes from hair/clothes/furniture etc. Will show up on the ground, it's rather annoying >.<
Test Subject
#286 Old 17th May 2011 at 2:35 PM
I don't have Sims 2 (too poor, haha), but i have Sims Castaway Stories and have had a few glitches on it.
I once had a glitch with my whole freeplay where all of their aspirations and wants changed; the mother wanted to learn to talk, the toddler wanted to get married etc, and all their family relationships just... disappeared. And the oldest daughter's husband had a "grilled cheese" aspiration and his wants were just to cook. Is that common?

Also i had a glitch where my teen sim and her boyfriend were in the hot tub and i cancelled the action for them to get out because the daughter was starting to get hot, but they just wouldn't move at all! i got fed up after a few days and had to move the family out then back into the property. i think the daughter's boyfriend died though.

Also i've had a glitch with my first sims family i made ages ago, they had twins (boy and girl) and the girl sim had a MUSTACHE! it annoyed me so much that i neglected it, then when she turned into a child it disappeared, and i was like "oh my gosh, she's beautiful- oh no! the social worker!!" and lost both the children

also i've had a glitch where my favourite sim Vikki became invisible, except for her head. perfect timing of course; it was her wedding day. i was so worried, but then amazingly, the next day, i made her take a bath, and she returned to normal! thank god.
It was actually quite amusing. (i have a video up of it on Youtube, but since i just made this account, i don't know exactly how to do video links yet on here)

Also on Sims Bustin' Out on PS2 i had a glitch where my husband from Story Mode came into Freeplay and wouldn't leave my house. and since my sister was playing and the husband was sleeping in her Sim's bed, she ended up killing him. Then in Story Mode later on, the husband wasn't there obviously, so i went to make my mum Sim get another husband, but she can't, because apparently i already have four people in my family, which i don't, just her and her two children. very frustrating.

Oh, and also on Castaway once the ghost of my family's pet hyeena went into my sim or whatever, and made my sim hover laying down

one more thing, my sim Kevin just turned into a toddler, and he looks... strange (pic2) is this normal?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#287 Old 17th May 2011 at 6:55 PM
I just restarted my selfsim "legacy" family. As the taxi was leaving my Sim's head exploded into a weird kaleidoscope of colors and patterns for a time. I thought the hood had exploded It didn't last for long though and everything is fine now. I wonder if this is going to happen every time he takes a taxi.

Just call me Bigirish, okay?
Test Subject
#288 Old 18th May 2011 at 5:50 AM
The one that has got me is ghosts being visible in the daytime
Lab Assistant
#289 Old 18th May 2011 at 6:50 AM Last edited by EricasBold9780 : 18th May 2011 at 7:16 AM.
I had one 2 nights ago that nearly brought me to tears. I was in the second generation of the Perfect Parent Challenge (Marsha Mellow's children were in College) when this happened. I tried to hook one of her daughters (Erin) up with a boy in college she had shown interest in. Apparently neither her sister (Madison), nor Erin's boyfriend, Darwin McGraw, were happy. The two of them never liked each other from the second they met and fought constantly (the LAST thing I need is sisters fighting over a boy). This may have brought on the glitch that ruined that lot.

Well, when I went to try to set Darwin's Turn Ons to make them more compatible, I started getting Object Errors left and right (the specific error details are too long to post here). Couldn't figure out if it was my massive downloads; Darwin, who was an NPC turned Playable due to relationshp scores; or the actual dorm. Took out my downloads-that didn't work. Deleted Darwin which led to OTHER Sims in the dorm getting glitched (using the moveobjects cheat), only to see them return along with the errors. I had to delete everyone (including the parents) so I could start over from scratch (delete in this sense meaning I had to delete them from the respective Sim Bins after moving out and destroying the houses and dorm). So far, I have only had errors on the Maxis blue 15-room large custom dorm in the Lots and Houses bin (too bad because I love that dorm). So far, Marsha #2 and her man are in their own apartment on campus, but most importantly, NO MORE ERRORS (I thought they were gonna start again during the 5 minutes I had to put them back into that dorm. After moving them out of the offending dorm, I realized I had forgotten to transfer Marsha's pottery wheel to her inventory. Surprisingly, the transfer went flawlessly without one error). I just pasted my Downloads sub-folder back into my TS2 folder and will reload the game to see what happens.

Also, another error that started due to the mayhem of the original glitch: One or more of my Sim's Aspiration would randomly just up and disappear off the Sim Profile. I have to use the RenuYu Orb to reset the Aspiration.
Lab Assistant
#290 Old 19th May 2011 at 4:36 PM
Uh, deleting sims is a very bad thing! You've borked that neighborhood and are only going to have more glitches from now on.
Mad Poster
#291 Old 19th May 2011 at 7:21 PM
Sorry to say, right now your best option is to literally dump that neighborhood. It's that bad. Deleting sims while in the middle of a game will literally spawn hundreds of errors that will make your game unplayable.
Grit your teeth and close your eyes..but it's not going to feel any better. The neighborhood is a lost cause as of the moment you deleted that sim.
Lab Assistant
#292 Old 19th May 2011 at 11:21 PM
Well, despite the last 2 posts, my game is fine. I have not had anymore glitches. I never knew deleting and starting over would wreck a game that I have been playing since 2004.
Field Researcher
#293 Old 20th May 2011 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EricasBold9780
Well, despite the last 2 posts, my game is fine. I have not had anymore glitches. I never knew deleting and starting over would wreck a game that I have been playing since 2004.

You might not have any glitches immediately, but eventually they will start popping up; you'll probably start to see things like toddlers acquiring LTWs, borked memories, and wants/fears-related issues.

Sadly, EAxis enabled a lot of stuff that screws up a neighborhood's stability long-term; things I can think of off-hand include deleting sims (including dead sims, and also including using the DeleteAllCharacters cheat), moving occupied lots to the Sims bin, and adding occupied lots to a 'hood if not properly done. Any of those are basically guaranteed to ruin your 'hood.

If you've been playing the same 'hood since 2004, I'd make sure to make backups of the Neighborhoods folder on a regular basis. That way, if anything ever gets screwed up, you can restore from an earlier backup. (This won't fix the 'hood that you already deleted characters from, but it would prevent any future neighborhoods from getting ruined.)
Lab Assistant
#294 Old 20th May 2011 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Julieryc
You might not have any glitches immediately, but eventually they will start popping up; you'll probably start to see things like toddlers acquiring LTWs, borked memories, and wants/fears-related issues.

Sadly, EAxis enabled a lot of stuff that screws up a neighborhood's stability long-term; things I can think of off-hand include deleting sims (including dead sims, and also including using the DeleteAllCharacters cheat), moving occupied lots to the Sims bin, and adding occupied lots to a 'hood if not properly done. Any of those are basically guaranteed to ruin your 'hood.

If you've been playing the same 'hood since 2004, I'd make sure to make backups of the Neighborhoods folder on a regular basis. That way, if anything ever gets screwed up, you can restore from an earlier backup. (This won't fix the 'hood that you already deleted characters from, but it would prevent any future neighborhoods from getting ruined.)

Ok thanks. I do save my game regularly and have to start with empty neighborhoods for other challenges. PM me with a way to do this without crashing my game or deleting and reinstalling everything everytime I play a challenge.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#295 Old 20th May 2011 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EricasBold9780
Ok thanks. I do save my game regularly and have to start with empty neighborhoods for other challenges. PM me with a way to do this without crashing my game or deleting and reinstalling everything everytime I play a challenge.

You can just save the neighbourhood folder - I stick it on my removeable hard drive where I keep an archive.
Site Helper
#296 Old 20th May 2011 at 4:40 PM
The wiki is chock full of useful advice: Game_Help:Back_Upswiki
Scholar
#297 Old 20th May 2011 at 5:24 PM
The only glitch to get me and scare the bejesus out of me is when I had my sim use the plastic surgery machine. You know the career reward one. It wasn't like he needed any work I just wanted to play with it. Played with the bars a little and okayed it. Well what my sim got was a blue glitch face. It never moved when he bent over it just floated in place and moved how it head turned. Looked just like something out of a horror flick. I tried to save quit, force error, and the machine again, but sadly I had to put the sim out of my misery.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Test Subject
#298 Old 20th May 2011 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
The only glitch to get me and scare the bejesus out of me is when I had my sim use the plastic surgery machine. You know the career reward one. It wasn't like he needed any work I just wanted to play with it. Played with the bars a little and okayed it. Well what my sim got was a blue glitch face. It never moved when he bent over it just floated in place and moved how it head turned. Looked just like something out of a horror flick. I tried to save quit, force error, and the machine again, but sadly I had to put the sim out of my misery.

That's so weird! I've had that happen before to a Sim with CC hair when I've installed a new game and forgot to turn CC back on, but never in that situation. Huh.
Test Subject
#299 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fayreview
I was quite scared when my pleasantview kept churning up dead sims...... at one point i had three versions of Michael Bachelor running around a single lot and repeated error message that there was no data for Betty Newbie... i had to reinstall after that incidense but all the dead sims quite spooked me...

That happened to me in Veronaville, which is even odder since most of the deceased Sims are either heavily glitched or have no data. I came across a few of the dead ancestors while playing a custom family, a snobbish legacy. They just walked by the lot. I greeted them, got a few errors, and they just... stood there, for the most part.
(Though, if you're like me and a compulsive boolpropper, you'd use them for babies, because some of them carry amazing genetics.)
Mad Poster
#300 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 8:23 PM
By "Invisible sim" do you mean the covers were humped up but no one was in it? That's a routine thing that happens if you move a sim out from the neighborhood screen (to go to college or move the entire household) or have another playable ask one to move in, if the household saved with that sim in bed. The bed should be usable normally and will return to normal appearance once it is.

If you mean the bed was considered to be "in use" although no one was using it, that's the oldest glitch in the book. Use the "move objects" cheat, delete it, and buy a new one.

If by "got rid of" you mean "deleted," oh dear. You need to go to the "List of non-intuitive things not to do in your sims game" and read it from page 1.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 12 of 25