Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#151 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 4:13 AM
I've had problems getting sims to have band opportunities (gigs) in worlds other than Bridgeport too, but I'm not sure if that is failing because the worlds are not cities, or just because they don't have the Bridgeport lots.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#152 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 3:48 PM
Well the lack of ability to build Simbots in Bridgeport has been fixed by Trenchmouth over at MATY> http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,20061.0.html
Turns out it is the fault of a little workbench tuning file that only allows the option in base game style worlds. Trenchmouth edited it so that instead of allowing specific worlds only, it just disallows vacation worlds.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I've had problems getting sims to have band opportunities (gigs) in worlds other than Bridgeport too, but I'm not sure if that is failing because the worlds are not cities, or just because they don't have the Bridgeport lots.

gig opportunities are spawned by lots classified as a club. They can be any sort of club though
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#154 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 7:57 PM
happyjme, I have clubs in my custom Riverview and am not having band gigs, so perhaps there's something else going on.

Thanks for that link, Menaceman!
Mad Poster
#155 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 8:54 PM
It might sound like a stupid question but you have got band instruments set up in some of the clubs right?

Lab Assistant
#156 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 10:05 PM
So, I've noticed a HUGE difference once I made my town a city. My band which I'd been playing for quite a long time, finally got their first gig almost immediately(and continue to get more).
I've also noticed my clubs having more sims in them, before it was usually just my sims and the mixologist.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#157 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 10:15 PM Last edited by simsample : 22nd Mar 2011 at 10:27 PM.
Menaceman- yes, I put one of each club type in there and some had instruments, but to no avail. I'll try making it into a city to test.

Megshush- thanks for the info, each world type has different tuning parameters, so I would guess that's why you have more sims in clubs.
Test Subject
#158 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 4:05 PM
Just a quick question if you change a world to a city will it affect the amount of people in clubs? like in a suburb no one really goes to clubs... thank you
Test Subject
#159 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:11 PM
Hi Simsample! can you please upload your resource file again to 4shared. I get HTTP 400 Bad request when I click on your link to download the file
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#160 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 5:30 PM
white_lily_1988, the download works okay for me, even when I'm not logged in to 4Shared. However, I uploaded the file as an attachment to the first post, so see if you can get it from there. You just need to unzip it before importing it into your world.
Instructor
#161 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 11:50 AM
I just wanted to thank you, it's nice that someone takes so much time to improve the game experience of others players.
Thanks guys

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Test Subject
#162 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 2:49 AM
It looks really cool !
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#163 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 10:06 PM
I just now realized another thing that could be related to city worlds only. The hobo-sims! If you use the career outfits unlock code, there is the hobo outfit, and I have also seen a hobo in the Grind in Bridgeport. He was ugly and had a long-ish hair, dirty beard and the hobo outfit. So maybe these guys appear in city worlds only?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#164 Old 2nd May 2011 at 8:56 PM
*Simsample rushes off to find the hobo character*
I've not seen those before Arisuka, thanks for the information! I'll see if I can find out.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#165 Old 3rd May 2011 at 12:35 AM
I rummaged through my screenshots, and luckily I had taken pictures of him! Poor fella doesn't have even shoes...
The outfit isn't even the actual hobo-outfit available in career outfit section in CAS, which hints that these guys could very well be spawned in a city world only! I found him in the Grind, I'm not exactly sure of what type of a bar it is flagged as (criminal or rave etc...), but most likely these hobo-sims appear in dives only.

Mad Poster
#166 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 5:13 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 12th Jun 2011 at 5:35 PM.
It would appear that since the game has been updated with Generations that the world description is getting dropped again when it is made into a city. I'm going to redownload the resource to double check but the file I have wasn't doing it prior to Generations.

Scrap that. It's working now as advertised that I've redownloaded the resource.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#167 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 5:47 PM
I'll bet you downloaded the wrong one, Menaceman- the resource from Bridgeport will cause the world description to be dropped, whereas the modified one won't.
Instructor
#168 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 11:13 AM
*laughs* That "Hobo" is a playable Sim living in the garage of one of the high rise buildings. His name is ... Crewe. Forgot his first name. Random hobos would be fun, but alas this isn't one.

Anyone figured out how to turn towns/cities into vacation destinations yet? I'm fiddling with editing Al Simhara and the other WA destinations, but I can't get CAW to export them for the life of me. They work fine in "Edit in game" mode, they load and save just fine, too, however I can't properly export them. So my guess is there has to be some piece of code that I need to adjust in order for the game to stop recognizing them as WA destinations.
This should work vice versa as well, methinks. Except you'd obviously have to *replace* Egypt.world, France.world or China.world if you wanted to load a custom WA destination, as those are preset travel destinations ... which doesn't give you much of a choice as you can't designate a new destination world that's not either France, Egypt or China. -_-
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#169 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 1:40 PM
Rockerduck, can I point you to this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=424374

Specifically, it is byte 06 of UNK 0x296A6258 which designates a world type. 00=suburb, 01=vacation world, 02=city. The other bytes in that resource will identify the type of world, so you could have an Egyptian suburb for example, or a French city. But NOT a vacation city.

Pyroneum in that thread successfully made his world into an Egyptian city:
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...03&postcount=92

And to make your world have a chinese ambience (music, names, vendors) is also possible.

To replace one of the vacation worlds with another is just a case of importing the appropriate UNK 0x296A6258 in to the world, as discovered by Tamlo here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=421319
Instructor
#170 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 4:44 PM
Much thanks, simsample! This is exactly what I've been looking for! :D
Test Subject
#171 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pyronium3
Yep, China has bikes and France/Egypt has mopeds! I experimented somewhat more with those settings (I know, this is about making cities, not locations - sorry :p) and it seems that changing only byte 02 doesn't change anything (Except for removing the description). In fact, you need to change all the bytes (except 06, which I had set to 02) to get the certain location characteristics.

Regretfully, that means this file can't be used to make worlds that are neighborhoods with just no cars, or just location music. They'll always have all the location characteristics or none at all.

So far, this is what I noticed when I included the Egypt file (01 00 48 DB 59 08 02 00 00 00) but still set to a city:

- No world description
- Egyptian music
- Egyptian NPCs: names, hairstyles, clothing; applied to all NPCs including mixologists, paparazzi, townies, etc.
- All Sims living in the hood would have the Egyptian nationality icon.
- Landmark tombs have the correct logo, and there's explorers throughout the world visiting these.
- Special goods vendor selling Egyptian visa awards moves into town and has a logo in map view.
- Both the relic and general goods registers sell items like they do in Egypt, plus, the food register now also sells Egyptian food.
- All NPCs walk to their destinations, there's no traffic except for the fake taxis (Because it's set to city world).
- The default mode of transport for your household Sims is a Moped (not for children), opposed to a taxi. This can still be set to any car you own.
- It still functions a as city, with fake traffic and working food trucks.

I playtested for a little while and noticed no issues. Jobs and schooling worked flawlessly, sims would age (was afraid this might not be the case with the Egypt files), could save and load just fine, etc.

I also tested to see if worlds with this resource imported would export correctly, and they do.

how to to this but with chinese stuff
Forum Resident
#172 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 5:05 PM
I wanted to do a little experimentation on this - mostly for the sake of the Chinese themed world I've been working on for ages. I noticed that in the comparison list that Barnacle Bay had the same value on byte 05 as the Vacation locations, so I wondered if I played with the values between bytes 03 and 05 that maybe I could get something to work. So I tried 01 00 4C 00 00 08 00 00 00 00, but all that did was strip my world description as expected. Meh.

So I thought I'd just go with the default China value and test play that way to see if it was really what I wanted my map to play like. It isn't. My Sim kept getting offered Adventures that didn't exist, the immigrant sims had weird mis-matched names, Chinese first names and Default EA last names. Guan Yin Juarez is just a little... eh... bizarre for my plans.

So. On to my odd questions to see if I can poke around more into the makings of all this. Honestly, this batch of tweaking came about because of my main question, and then I got side tracked.

I really want to know where to find how the game knows which outfits are considered "Chinese" vs "Egyptian" or what have you, and where it controls that when making a new Vacation location.
I'd originally thought to maybe add some clothes options to this imaginary list, or edit some clothes themselves to include the theoretic hidden vacation tag.... but since I'm going off of theories and what-if's, I'm not even sure where to look. For the China vacation spot, the population is low enough that the five or so outfits don't seem too boring - but in a larger Town you don't really want to see the same outfit on fifteen different people. So confusing.

But if we can find where the files call the resources from, we're just that much closer to putting together our own New Location package anyway. That would include that locale's population name list, wardrobe, map music, adventures (which I would want to disable for my Town location), transportation preference, and I'm not sure what else. We'd need to make a package or so with the files we want to use, associate them to unique bytes, and have the UNKN file pull those - right? Well, in overly simple terms, missing many steps anyway.... I can see in my head how to pull off the second half of the process - but the hard part to me seems to be figuring out where in these files the World file hides it's specific location information, AND if we can edit those.

lol, I had a sleepless night thinking about this. I'm not sure if what I said makes a lot of sense though. My terminology seems a little jumbled.
Test Subject
#173 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 10:16 AM
So how to make a world with chinese ambience sounds but still a city and can age and get adventures and stuff
Forum Resident
#174 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by loken rocks
how to to this but with chinese stuff

Is there a way to do this but make the town an active town? I am making a small Chinese world that is playable, and would love to have all the things that came with the Chinese Adventure Spot for the world. Especially the music and NPC's.
Forum Resident
#175 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 6:16 PM
I know the information you guys are looking for isn't all together in the first post, but it is here in this thread.

this post on page three, is probably what you're looking for though. Good luck with your Worlds!
Locked thread
Page 7 of 9