Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 9:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't Load Lot Even W/O Downloads Folder In
I hope I have put this in the right section. I really just need some advice. I know about the FAQ page and the troubleshooting steps and I'm willing and actually trying to take them but I'm having a problem that is preventing me from doing so.

I was having a problem in game so I took my downloads folder out to ensure that it is a mod issue or some other CC issue (which I am almost certain that it is). However, when I try to go back to the lot I was having issue with, it won't load, just gives the loading screen for ages. It doesn't crash, though, and I am able to load other lots. There are 2 sims living there that I made in CAS.

So, do I ditch the lot or should I just troubleshoot my downloads folder until I'm able to open the lot again? I really love this lot. Why oh why didn't I put it in the lot bin when I first built it before I moved sims in?

I do not have UC. I have all discs installed except for Pets.

Please and thank you so much!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 11:49 PM
Try this cheat in hood view: loadLot [lotName] [optional: family name] Sometimes that will load a lot that otherwise won't load.

If not, it may be one of the sims living there that is preventing it from loading. You may need to move them to the simbin. This will empty the lot unless you already have an activated Stay All Shrub on the lot.

If you don't have a Stay all shrub and hate the thought of moving them out one last thing to try is what gummilutt suggests in simPE.
Twice I have had sims with inventory issues and you can see my posts on that thread about it as well. https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=576018
Make a backup before fiddling in simPE.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Try this cheat in hood view: loadLot [lotName] [optional: family name] Sometimes that will load a lot that otherwise won't load.

If not, it may be one of the sims living there that is preventing it from loading. You may need to move them to the simbin. This will empty the lot unless you already have an activated Stay All Shrub on the lot.

If you don't have a Stay all shrub and hate the thought of moving them out one last thing to try is what gummilutt suggests in simPE.
Twice I have had sims with inventory issues and you can see my posts on that thread about it as well. https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=576018

ok let me try that...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 12:52 AM

It doesn't recognize that as a cheat.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 2:30 AM
'Loadlot' plus the 'lot name'? It is a cheat.

Another way to try is to load a neighbour and try loading from their lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 11:58 PM
'Loadlot' plus the 'lot name'? It is a cheat.

Another way to try is to load a neighbour and try loading from their lot.

Ok maybe I typed it wrong. I did "loadLot" "131 Lakeside Dr". Should I have done "Loadlot"?
Alchemist
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 12:42 AM
@sashagillis, another thing to try is to turn on testing cheats before loading the lot. Turn it on in hood view or add it to your userstartup. Sometimes that will make the error that's causing trouble pop up and you can reset or delete, letting you load the lot.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 12:02 AM
But can you load the lot again when you put the Downloads folder back in your game ?

And did you back up your neighbourhood before removing the Downloads ?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sashagillis
Ok maybe I typed it wrong. I did "loadLot" "131 Lakeside Dr". Should I have done "Loadlot"?

I don't know if letter case makes a difference. But you could try that.

~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 2:17 PM
For the loadlot cheat, I think you need to be in debug mode for it to work (or maybe you need to boot in debug mode?) Try turning on testingcheats, if that doesn't work try setting that cheat in your userstartup file.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@sashagillis, another thing to try is to turn on testing cheats before loading the lot. Turn it on in hood view or add it to your userstartup. Sometimes that will make the error that's causing trouble pop up and you can reset or delete, letting you load the lot.

That acutally makes a lot of sense! Because whenever I go to actually play the lot I have testingcheats enabled. Let me try that and get back to you. I'm sorry for the late reply! I have been caught up with RL stuff. I sincerely appreciate your input!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
But can you load the lot again when you put the Downloads folder back in your game ?

And did you back up your neighbourhood before removing the Downloads ?

Even though I do backup my game on a regular basis, I did not make a special backup before I deleted the DL folder. And yes, I can open the lot with the DL folder in. I'm sorry for the late reply but I have been caught up with RL stuff and have not been able to focus on any of this for the last several days.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 3:21 AM
I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of your feedback! I will keep investigating, keeping your advice in mind, and I will report back!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 6:58 AM
Hey guys,
I know this is kind of late, but, I'm still researching this problem. Does anyone know if any of these conflict or if all three are needed?

Ankoyume_SunbatheOnAnyTransat_ChairSemiGlobal-CC&DR
SunbatheMod-UPDATE1
Treeag - SunbatheAnywhere

Also, does anyone know if simwardrobe's improved housekeeping or bellhop repair mods require Smarter EP Check? Yes, @joandsarah77, I'm researching your past advice. :-)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 7:59 AM
Hey guys,
I know this is kind of late, but, I'm still researching this problem. Does anyone know if any of these conflict or if all three are needed?

SunbatheMod-UPDATE1

Also, does anyone know if simwardrobe's improved housekeeping or bellhop repair mods require Smarter EP Check? Yes, @joandsarah77, I'm researching your past advice. :-)

Improved Housekeeping is an older mod so it does not. None of Simwardrobes mods needs it.

I have SunbatheAnywhere and that's all I have. No idea what those other files are.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 9:51 AM
And yes, I can open the lot with the DL folder in.
Oh, good, the lot is not lost then, it's just a matter of tracking down the culprit CC.

I don't use sunbathing mods but three of them coexisting sounds like trouble indeed.

Have you tried forcing errors on all, it's an option of the batbox, and resetting everything ? Sometimes there's a stuck controller, or an object stuck in "in use" mode, even gone visitors who still register as being there using something.
(Don't use the delete option.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 10:18 AM
I do have the batbox. I will try. The error that I keep getting, that caused me to need to do 50/50 in the first place is a bad gosubtree and I have troubleshot that to death so I am at square one. I will try to force error on all with the batbox. It will probably be at least tomorrow before I can try. It is 4 am where I am and I have to sleep now. lol
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 11:08 AM
Good night !

However if that's your error, you need to check your mods, look at Jo's answer here:
https://modthesims.info/t/515366
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 1:02 PM
I do have the batbox. I will try. The error that I keep getting, that caused me to need to do 50/50 in the first place is a bad gosubtree and I have troubleshot that to death so I am at square one. I will try to force error on all with the batbox. It will probably be at least tomorrow before I can try. It is 4 am where I am and I have to sleep now. lol

You are missing a file. Smarter EP check is the most common one.

~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 7:46 PM
Hey guys,

SunbatheMod-UPDATE1

First and third do not conflict; the first allows sunbathing in the patio loungers and the second allows sims to pull out the BV beach towel and sunbathe. No idea what the second one is.
Alchemist
#21 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 11:20 PM
To help you figure out the error: Midgethetree has tips on reading error logs & Whoward69 has the What Caused This Utility:
Reading Error Logs
Common Errors
What Caused This Utility

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 11:48 PM
Thank all ya'll! The MTS community always comes through! I will try all of this and report back. :-)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
To help you figure out the error: Midgethetree has tips on reading error logs & Whoward69 has the What Caused This Utility:
Reading Error Logs
Common Errors
What Caused This Utility

So, I downloaded the What Caused This utility but when I try to run it, I get a pop up that says I need to install .NET framework but I don't think I should have to do that, right? What am I doing wrong?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 1:27 AM
You are missing a file. Smarter EP check is the most common one.

You were right! Apparently this was the problem. lol I had been trying to research which of my mods might need this. Thank you so much! I know multiple of my neighborhoods are corrupted, and at some point, I will have to nuke them and start over but at least for now I can play the beautiful house I just built. Thank you thank you thank you!