Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[New and Improved 9/11/21] Functioning Well - and Off-Grid Plumbing!

by zoe22 Posted 7th Feb 2020 at 6:00 PM - Updated 10th Nov 2021 at 3:01 PM by zoe22

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 4
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
@Franklee300 Hi there, sorry you're having this problem. I will look into this soon. I did notice when I was testing a new version (not been uploaded) that there was a problem with the Repair interaction name on the toilet (and probably other Repairs too) and have not had a chance to fix it yet. Though I believe that it was only a problem with the repair interactions, not the other ones like Use toilet and Sponge Bath. (Though there was actually a separate problem with the sponge bath interaction but that didn't affect the name for me).

I will double check the versions this weekend hopefully to see if it's the same in my game, though i don't think it was when i tested them.
But would you mind giving me some more info? 
Is your game in English or another language? 
Is it just those two interactions or all of them that are missing the names?
And what game patch are you on?

It might be easier if you PM instead of replying on this thread  

Hello, I'm having the exact same issue as Franklee!

I do have a UI mod. My language is English. The "use bathroom" option is blank but still works correctly. I don't know if it's an issue with translation etc.
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
Original Poster
#77 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimC
Hello, I'm having the exact same issue as Franklee!

I do have a UI mod. My language is English. The "use bathroom" option is blank but still works correctly. I don't know if it's an issue with translation etc.

Hi @SimC
If I remember right, this is caused when NRaas Shooless is installed. Shooless replaces some of the same interactions and for some reason it messes up the interaction names sometimes when it's installed with my mod.
You might have noticed that the off-grid functionality isn't working properly as well?

If that's not the case, and you don't have Shooless installed, let me know because I'll have to do some more investigating
Senior Moderator
Original Poster
#78 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by YLIMDS
Tysm for creating such a genius and rad mod!! Will definitely be using this in my apocalyptic game play!! (:
Would it be possible to collect water from lakes/bodies of water?

That's actually something I wanted to do, and I started working on it ages ago but gave up.
But I should really have another go at some point
Field Researcher
#79 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 4:50 PM
First of all, thank you for such a lovely mod- it seems to be working once plumbed items are replaced as you've said, and I appreciate that the items are not too difficult to find as I just have to remember $200.

That said, I have a sculpted toilet that I cannot replace at use in a home that is intended to last for several generations (sort of like, anything my sims make take precedent over having to buy new). That sculpted toilet now kicks out an error when someone tries to use it (as it the sim runs off lot and can't wayfind). Even resetting the object doesn't fix the problem. Do you think there is a way that sculpted toilets/plumbing objects can coexist with this mod?

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Senior Moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Frogsnack
First of all, thank you for such a lovely mod- it seems to be working once plumbed items are replaced as you've said, and I appreciate that the items are not too difficult to find as I just have to remember $200.

That said, I have a sculpted toilet that I cannot replace at use in a home that is intended to last for several generations (sort of like, anything my sims make take precedent over having to buy new). That sculpted toilet now kicks out an error when someone tries to use it (as it the sim runs off lot and can't wayfind). Even resetting the object doesn't fix the problem. Do you think there is a way that sculpted toilets/plumbing objects can coexist with this mod?

Hey @Frogsnack , glad you like the mod!

With the last/second to last update, it shouldn't be necessary to replace the plumbing objects for the off-grid functionality to work. Are you sure that you have the latest version installed, that either you're using the Global version, or you have a well or stack of barrels on the lot (to make the lot off-grid)? And if you're replacing an old version of the mod, make sure to delete the Script cache file.
You could try resetting the town to stop all plumbing interactions, and reinstalling the latest version and hopefully the off-grid functionality should work on all plumbing objects that should be affected, straight away.

As for the sculptured items, I haven't actually tested them before. The issue might be caused with the whole thing not working properly (as in the new interactions not being applied as they should), but I will look into it to see if there is also anything special about sculpted items that would mean they work differently interaction-wise

Let me know how it goes!
Scholar
#81 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 3:50 AM
Where is the pail? I cant find it in buydebug :U
Senior Moderator
Original Poster
#82 Old 18th Aug 2021 at 5:50 PM
@pretenshus the pail should be in misc decor! In the next update I plan on recategorising the objects into misc plumbing. I also need to rename the pail, as it has the original name and description still (oops :p)
Scholar
#83 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 4:15 AM
@pretenshus the pail should be in misc decor! In the next update I plan on recategorising the objects into misc plumbing. I also need to rename the pail, as it has the original name and description still (oops :p)

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 12:06 AM
Hey @AnimalTime
Do you have pets installed? The pail is a clone of the milk pail from pets so you will need it installed for it to show up. It should be in decor misc! You could recategorise it with S3PE, if you edit the OBJD named sculptureFloorMilkBarrel, by clicking GRID on the bottom of the window, there you can change the Room category and Room sub category, or function cat and function sub cat if you prefer
Maybe putting it in plumbing misc, or appliances misc would help? I know the decor section can be hard to find stuff!

Hi there! I'm having the same problem! I have pets downloaded, but I can't find either the original pail or the clone in decor-misc!
Senior Moderator
Original Poster
#85 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 2:12 PM
Hey @Gabriella !
If you have the latest version, the pail should be found in misc plumbing now so it should be easier to find
Let me know if you still can't find it
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 22nd Dec 2021 at 7:03 PM
Hey @Gabriella !
If you have the latest version, the pail should be found in misc plumbing now so it should be easier to find

Sorry!! I still can't find it! I think I'll probs just download the bucket version!
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 22nd Dec 2021 at 7:05 PM
Hey @Gabriella !

Wait actually i just realized I had two versions of the mod! Maybe that was what was causing the problem? I'll launch and check!
Test Subject
#88 Old 19th May 2022 at 3:28 AM Last edited by Joyius : 19th May 2022 at 4:27 AM.
Hi, I really wanted to use this in my game, and I tried every which way I could to get it to work, but when I installed it, even with replacing the shower and toilet, I could not get it to work, the interactions were still there to shower as if the shower was hooked up on-grid. I have no idea why it won't work.
Senior Moderator
Original Poster
#89 Old 19th May 2022 at 9:39 AM
Hey @Joyius
It's probably because the setting when you first load a save is non-global which means to make your household's lot off-grid, you need to mark it by placing a well or the stack of barrels.

Alternatively, you can make the setting global by using the cheat interaction on the well, which means you don't need to place anything to make the lot off-grid and can have the well on another lot like a community one.

It also means that if you rotate households in a save, they will be off-grid when you play them without adding anything to the lot.

Hope this fixes it for you!
Test Subject
#90 Old 19th May 2022 at 8:08 PM
Hey @Joyius
It's probably because the setting when you first load a save is non-global which means to make your household's lot off-grid, you need to mark it by placing a well or the stack of barrels.

Alternatively, you can make the setting global by using the cheat interaction on the well, which means you don't need to place anything to make the lot off-grid and can have the well on another lot like a community one.

It also means that if you rotate households in a save, they will be off-grid when you play them without adding anything to the lot.

Hope this fixes it for you!

I did try all that, placing the well, the barrels, using only the well, turned the global on and off, and nothing worked.
Senior Moderator
Original Poster
#91 Old 19th May 2022 at 11:29 PM
@Joyius uh oh!
Do you have nraas shooless installed?
If the sink is off-grid but the shower isn't, it might be that. Unfortunately shooless conflicts as it replaces some of the same interactions. Other than that, I'm not sure what I could be, as the mod is loading if you can use the well etc
Test Subject
#92 Old 20th May 2022 at 4:46 AM
@Joyius uh oh!
Do you have nraas shooless installed?
If the sink is off-grid but the shower isn't, it might be that. Unfortunately shooless conflicts as it replaces some of the same interactions. Other than that, I'm not sure what I could be, as the mod is loading if you can use the well etc

Nope don't have shooless installed, it's so confusing.
Senior Moderator
Original Poster
#93 Old 20th May 2022 at 8:37 AM
@Joyius well nothing obvious comes to mind, so all I can really suggest is troubleshoot it, maybe starting by trying it with only this mod installed in a new save or even regenerate the sims 3 folder to make it completely new apart from the mod.

Feel free to PM me with the results and we can go from there if you want. Really weird it's not working!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 12:51 AM
I have the same problem as Joyius. Most of my sinks, toilettes and baths/showers don't require the water, it's as if my sim is still on-grid. And some of them are unusable with the message that I don't have the water in my inventory even though I have over 100 waters in my barrels.
Senior Moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 5:50 PM
@Giakou
Did you try what I suggested to Joyius?
I can't do much if I'm not able to recreate the issue, but if you are able to narrow down the issue to certain situations, that would be really helpful. Eg a mod conflict

Some more questions that might help:
Are all the issues occuring with objects on the same lot? Is it the home lot or another lot? Which files related to the mod do you have installed? What settings are on (global/non global)?

I'm wondering if the objects that won't let you use them are on an off-grid lot but not on your home lot and so they can't use water in the barrels stored at home.
That wouldn't explain the objects not using the water when the lot is definitely off-grid though.

Just in case you haven't tried these: reinstalling the files (making sure only the latest version is installed) and deleting your script cache file to see if the same thing happens, replacing plumbing objects shouldn't be necessary but it's worth a shot too.
Starting in a new save to see if it's happening there too.
Starting a new Sims 3 folder with just this mod installed and seeing how that goes.

Depending on how bad you want to get it to work, I'm happy to help you troubleshoot, but if you could try those things and answer my questions first that would be great. Feel free to PM me about it.
The next step if I still can't work it out, is you could send me your game files (like your mods and a save where it's not working) and I can have a look myself. If you're commited!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 15th Nov 2022 at 10:12 PM
This mod is awesome, thank you!
Test Subject
#97 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 11:13 PM
Hi! I really like this mod, it's super fun for my medieval-ish games! But I noticed a weird glitch while I had this mod (and I did testing to ensure that it was this mod only) installed:

My sim made drinks at the Professional juice bar, and then couldn't clean them up. They would take them to the sink, and do a bugged-looking version of washing the dishes, but the dish would remain, and they would set it back down. Didn't have the issue with food dishes, seems to be unique to drinks from the bar. I have no idea why this mod would do this, but thought I'd let you know! Thanks! <3
Test Subject
#98 Old 22nd Dec 2023 at 1:47 PM
I can't find the stack of barrels in my game. It is not displayed. The normal one does, but not the CC version. And it doesn't work with the normal one. I downloaded the version with which you can also combine the mod from ani. But as I said, the stack with the barrels from you is not in my game.
Page 4 of 4