Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Utility Pole Mini Stuff Pack ****UPDATED**** 2/20/07

by Cooldadx4 Posted 21st Dec 2006 at 8:55 PM - Updated 22nd Oct 2007 at 12:34 PM by tigdadx4 : Added link to the reworked items!

102 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 98 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 7:52 PM
Any news on the main pole extensions requested by "a2006w18" ? I am really looking forward to this as it would really add to the realism of my lots. I stopped placing your poles in all my lots as right now it takes too many of them to link-up from lot to lot for realism. The addition of the extention pieces would greatly reduce the number of poles needed as I'm running poles thru my ENTIRE hood. They look that realistic! Thank you!!!

Get your fithy paws off of me you damn dirty ape!
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 9:48 PM
Thank you so much for making such unusual things. I make movies and it's items like these that make it possible for sims movies sets to look so realistic and convincing. :D

For movies, fashions, recolors and hack, visit http://decorgal.com
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#78 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 3:01 PM
thanks all !!!!!!!!111

KHLVH - the extension wires are done and uploaded to a seperate thread check my profile !
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 6:22 PM
Just what we need. And soo good its for org ^^... GJ and gratz with feature

http://paradox-symphony.deviantart.com

If you like my creations then please rate and comment. I love feedback :D
Test Subject
#80 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 5:10 AM
These downloads are AWESOME! The breaker box really does wonder for the realism inside some of my buildings...and the poles and gutters work wonders for the outside! I really can see why you are a featured creator!

Keep up the good work!
Instructor
#81 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 11:06 PM
One of the cable boxes is incompatible with one of the rugs in Seasons. It will give the cable box description, but it will place a rug on the lot.

You can find me on the Sims 4 Gallery as DozerfleetProd. If you have XBox One or PS4, please test out my creations, and let me know if / how well they work on consoles.
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#82 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 11:56 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm ....Must be a guid conflict im guessing ....

Which cable box so i can check it out in my game as i have seasons but havent checked any of my items in it (Too busy playing the game LOL)
Test Subject
#83 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 8:49 PM
Wow, thanks, this is great. Really really great.
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#84 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 8:28 PM
Your welcome Dhinatahyuga !!!!!!
Test Subject
#85 Old 1st May 2007 at 5:14 AM
First of all I would like to say your stuff is simply fantastic...and thats an understatement...I am in the construction industry myself and the detail is tremendous...well done.

I have a stupid problem...maybe you can help me.

I am trying to place your power poles on the boulivard..I am using moveObjects on...I can place a square floor tile there but your pole will not go there and I have to place it on the actual property...isn't that strange?

Any ideas...I mean I will use them just the same but I see in your pictures you have placed them there.

To explain further I am talking about the tile between the road and the sidewalk...city property.

Thanks again for the awsome work!

Nightshine
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#86 Old 1st May 2007 at 4:14 PM
I don't know Nightshine , I'm stumped ..

Usually that was an issue with an EP but since you can place a floor tile out of bounds I'm really clueless ... Maybe someone out there knows a solution ....

You could try the game help section , or maybe even the #help channel in the chat ...

I'm sorry this doesn't work for you and I am glad you like them !!!!!!!
Test Subject
#87 Old 2nd May 2007 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tigdadx4
I don't know Nightshine , I'm stumped ..

Usually that was an issue with an EP but since you can place a floor tile out of bounds I'm really clueless ... Maybe someone out there knows a solution ....

You could try the game help section , or maybe even the #help channel in the chat ...

I'm sorry this doesn't work for you and I am glad you like them !!!!!!!

Well thanks for the advise it paid off...I went to tech help in the forums and asked...and sure enough got a reply.

The answer was as simple as this....I needed the latest patch for OFB.

Funny thing when I reinstalled all my expansions...it said they were up to date when it checked...so i never thought anything about it.

Anyways bottom line is... they are on my Boulivard now!...So I had best get running and finish them.

Thanks again for all your wonderful work on these projects...Gutters are a charm as well...they snap together so great and look awsome!
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#88 Old 3rd May 2007 at 2:08 AM
Glad you were able to get them working !!!!!

And thank you for your comments !!!!
Test Subject
#89 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 9:26 PM
Thank you so much for this download. The detail is totally awesome.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 1:21 AM
Great idea! Thank you!

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law!
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 5:17 PM
Awesome and realistic.
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#92 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 10:57 AM
Thank you for your comments !
Test Subject
#93 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 8:27 AM
I LOVE this!!! You never cease to amaze!

"If you didn't fondle contraceptive devices, the hailstones wouldn't chat casually with you."
Get your quote here...
Just copy and paste
Field Researcher
#94 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 2:11 AM
its a movie makers dream!

my personal life can be supported by veiwing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2z-Q6x6eU and others on my youtube page. I believe there's a few building tutorials there aswell. I create rather sporadically, so excuse me if I'm gone from this website for months or years at a time.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:37 AM
I see the utility pole polys are way high. The cylinders with the edges seem to be taking up most of the poly count so why not run the edges completely through the cylinders if they aren't already? Also, as a general 3D modelling optimization rule-of-thumb, the smaller the part of the object, the less detail it needs. So, for the foot/hand L-pegs, they can have less detail than the hourglass-shaped white pegs the wires connect with. The big cylinders (with the edges) should have the most detail (# of sides) and they look fine as they are but the smaller cylinders/spheres should be even less detailed than the larger cylinders/spheres (if any). Also, any hidden/covered surfaces (like the pole's bottom) should not have any polygons since they will never be seen (unless the pole can be knocked over, of course).
Test Subject
#96 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 10:11 AM
Great! Love it! Good job! I'll take it! thank you ^^
Test Subject
#97 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 8:12 PM
thisd is exactly what i was looking for! thanks a lot! <33
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 3:58 AM
Niiice. I didn't even realise I needed utility poles until I saw these.

Click here! You know you want to.
Test Subject
#99 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 8:19 PM
Default Sims 3
Quote: Originally posted by Cheshire414
wow i love it! it really makes the houses look more realistic!

I totally agree that it makes it more realistic. I wanted to download it but it doesn't fit my game. Any chance something similar could be done for the sims 3? Does anyone know of any thing similar for the sims 3?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 7:42 PM
Great work, these are nice details to have!
Page 4 of 5