Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 3:01 PM Last edited by Drake Baku : 4th Jul 2021 at 5:04 PM.
Default CC gamebreaking bug
Hello all,

My wife has some problems with some bugged CC that causes gameplay issues in a game breaking lvl (in short all load screens, incl selecting chosen family end back to world selection)

She had removed all CC and all mods, but the issue remained and the CC items in CAS remained in the game (even with the files removed)

She even went so far as to completely de-instal the game twice, delete all remaining folders and files
Did a complete fresh instal with no mods.
And even then the CAS CC are still there in the game clear as day and with it the game breaking bug also was still there

We have no idea how this is possible and how to fix it

As such we wish for some help pls

EDIT: she has even disabled all CC and mods, yet these CC items even then still show up in CAS...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 2:36 PM
Could be if you have a cloud sync on, that the data is obtained from the synced version, before the files were removed? Since a reinstall uses the same locations, this could transfer to a new install as well.
Other than that... I don't know sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 7:35 PM
I personally was not aware of that

But when i told her about this she told me that she had already deleted that as well, sadly that was not it
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 7:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Drake Baku
I personally was not aware of that

But when i told her about this she told me that she had already deleted that as well, sadly that was not it

Depending on when she checked and removed the CC there, the game might have had time to replace and reupload, ping-ponging the files. I'd do a final check of both the documents folder and the cloud folder to make absolutely sure.

If she's really desperate, she can make a new pc profile to play the sims on, that one is guaranteed to be clean, since it doesn't normally transfer files like that unless you specifically share those. She should have no trouble using her own origin account to install it. Be sure to turn off cloud sync though, just in case...
Scholar
#5 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 8:28 AM
As a long shot have you tried removing the whole Sims 4 folder from My Documents folder (move to desktop as an example) and then run the game to let it create a whole new sims 4 folder. If the game runs fine then slowly start adding save file and tray folder etc. back to the newly created ones in the My Doc Folder.