Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 8:50 AM
Default Question about lots in sims3pack form
I found several houses I want to download. I've only downloaded one so far that was a sims3pack but I'm not really liking the cc content that came with it. I'm wondering if there is a program or something that will let me see what's in the file and let me delete anything I don't like? I just like the houses for the architecture and don't really care what the inside looks like 'cause I can just change that myself. I just don't want a bunch of unwanted cc clogging up my game when I try to find things and right now the only thing I know to do is to install one house at a time, put it on a lot, and click each category to search for cc, which is a job in itself since I have purchased several worlds and wouldn't know if the content came with a world or not unless I do one house at a time. I'm not gonna do this lol. Nobody got that kinda time. Anyways, I have tons of houses I want but I'm not just gonna start adding houses if I'm gonna be stuck with tons of cc I don't want. Any help is greatly appreciated
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 10:16 AM
You can actually open the sims 3 pack with CUSTARD . And you can use it to see what stuff comes with the lot, unselect the things you don't want, and save the file.
I'm not a huge fan of the launcher, and so I prefer to install lots in the Library folder. You can use the multi pack extracter to turn the sims 3 pack into packages. If you have deleted the cc, there should just be the one lot package to put in your library folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 10:46 AM
Ok. So if I use the multi pack extractor on a lot, then it will show all the cc files included with the lot? Does this same program let you see what the .package file is or do I need a different app for that? I find the sims3packs sort of confusing so I like the other files more as well.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 10:54 AM
Use CUSTARD and multi-extractor in coordination. First, view the lot in CUSTARD, and you will see the cc included in the lot. Then, extract the .sims3pack using the multi-extractor. Take note of the filenames. You can now choose what cc to keep and delete the rest. Don't forget to keep the .package lot as well.

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#5 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 11:23 AM
^ . If you extract a sims 3 pack to multiple packages, then they are no longer named as the originals. You can open them in S3PE and look at the ICON or THUMB file to see what they are, but it will be easier to use Custard to decide what to keep and what to get rid of. If you decide to keep some cc, once you extract the packages, you can use S3PE to see what they are. One package will be the lot itself which will go into your library folder, the the rest in your Mods/Packages folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 11:47 AM
I'm sorry to be so dense but I'm a little confused. I used the custard program to look at the sims3pack and unchecked files I didn't want and then used the multi-extractor to extract the files into .package. So now all the files have the .package extension and just strings of letters and numbers so how am I supposed to know which is the actual lot file to put in the library folder or am I not supposed to do that now?
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 12:03 PM
Yes. Those strings and numbers are what I'm talking about. The first row you'll see in CUSTARD is the lot itself. Then from the folder where you extracted the .package files, search for its file name (the 0x... filename in CUSTARD). Then double check it with s3pe.

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 7:42 PM
I just clean in custard and then install the pack. If I do not want the lot after looking at it in the game I just delete it there.
Instructor
#9 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 6:42 AM
I open the pack in custard, uncheck all the cc and only leave the lot checked (generally the first file) then do a save as and add a 1 at the end of the file name. I turn that into a package with the extractor and it keeps the file name with 1 after it, and pop it in the library folder (I usually remove the 1 at that point.). I then decide if I want any of the cc, and extract it if I do.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 5th May 2020 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I just clean in custard and then install the pack. If I do not want the lot after looking at it in the game I just delete it there.

Do you know if installing lots has any weight on the game like regular cc? Because cc-free lots aren't actually proper cc, they are just a combination of walls, roofs, windows and furniture... Do they still eat up the game's memory?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th May 2020 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PasTaCopine
Do you know if installing lots has any weight on the game like regular cc? Because cc-free lots aren't actually proper cc, they are just a combination of walls, roofs, windows and furniture... Do they still eat up the game's memory?

I would suspect any content/addition to the game increases the game load/memory, but others can advise more on this I am sure. The more in the game the more to handle I would think, but others can advise more about game mechanics. I just keep my game as lean as possible while keeping content I want and getting rid of things I do not want.