Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 6:00 PM Last edited by grammapat : 4th Aug 2019 at 6:17 PM.
Default Ok...
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Maven
Origin will always download the "as shipped" version, complete with all the Sims and houses and neighborhoods. Once it's done that, though, you can delete (or move and store for later) the neighborhoods you want to replace with your saved versions, paste in your saved versions, and everything should be OK. (But DO remember to back up and reinstall your Downloads folder as well, and anywhere else you have any kind of custom content!)

You can tell Origin that you don't want any updates - maybe it'll listen, maybe it won't. It seems to have a very stubborn mind of its own. :p

OMG Are you saying that if you REinstall Sim2 FROM DISCS somehow this Origin monster will get involved?!!Got to go search Origin../
====
PS that was pretty dumb, of course it can't; it just sounded to me that people were talking about re-installing games that initially had no connection to Origin.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 2:40 PM Last edited by Sims2Maven : 20th Aug 2019 at 2:48 PM.
The post I replied to was asking exactly what Origin downloads. Reinstalling from discs is a completely different thing (and you should choose one or the other method, not try to do both - they're incompatible).

If you have discs, you don't need Origin.

Edit (August 20, 2019): Origin is at it again with the "updates". Be warned.
Page 2 of 2