Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gem & Metal Processing Machine *Compatible with 1.55*

by treeag Posted 18th Feb 2010 at 12:08 PM - Updated 22nd Aug 2013 at 11:39 AM by treeag

224 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 183 Feedback Posts, 40 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 9
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#176 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 4:38 PM
your work is very cool and very useful in the sims 3 game. it would be more awesome if you upload a new version of the Tresure Box and RGM Machine every time a new Expansion comes. Thanks a loot
Theorist
Original Poster
#177 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bucur_serjio_09
it would be more awesome if you upload a new version of the Tresure Box and RGM Machine every time a new Expansion comes. Thanks a loot

Well, I do. Although not within days because I'm kind of busy. But I eventually will.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#178 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 2:19 AM
Thank you for all of you mods my sims love the task of making fast cash. And when ever the update comes i will be very very thankfull... thx again for all of your hard work
Test Subject
#179 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 6:29 AM
treeag,

Thanks for your hard work It is appreciated. I notice in Supernatural there is a Gem Cutter.... I wonder if that might not make a better base object for this mod. Or if nothing else a version that just does the metals...

The One,
The Only,
The Original,
Cyber-Surfer - The Ghost in the World's Virtual Machine
Theorist
Original Poster
#180 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 3:41 PM
I haven't used that object, is this mod still needed anymore?
Test Subject
#181 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag

Well the Gem Cutter from SN just cuts gems, it doesn't do anything with Metals, but it does seem that as you progress you get more cuts, sorta like the old mailbox method, so I would say that for those who don't want to wait, or those who want the metal smelting on their lot, this mod is still needed...

I haven't gotten it to the point where all cuts are unlocked on it yet, so don't know if any of the special one's are included in it, or if it's just the basic up to heart shaped...

The One,
The Only,
The Original,
Cyber-Surfer - The Ghost in the World's Virtual Machine
Test Subject
#182 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 7:30 AM

For those of us who are running into the glitch with the smelting through mail, yes, it's still needed. Or for those of us who are just impatient and hate waiting on the mail. X3

Or, like the other poster mentioned, just a smelting version (a forge or something), whichever would be simpler.
Theorist
Original Poster
#183 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 12:44 PM
Okay. Updated for 1.38. I've only tested it briefly, tell me if it has a bug.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#184 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 11:56 PM
Thanks for the update! *blows you kisses!*
Test Subject
#185 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 8:33 AM
Does the 1.38 version give you dust as well as the cut gem like the in-game version? Either way I'm glad to see it back, I love your gem mods!
Theorist
Original Poster
#186 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 4:09 PM
^No, sorry. I can add it if there's demand though.
Test Subject
#187 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 4:05 AM
Ah, okie doke! It's not a huge deal, so don't worry about it on my account. c: Thank you!
Scholar
#188 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 8:07 PM

Oh yes, this is still needed! Please don't abandon it for SN! I must now be the only person in the world who has no intention of buying/installing SN!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#189 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 4:51 PM
This is very useful. Thanks. Can you please change how it looks to the gem cutting machine (added in SN)? That machine can cut gems but not melt metals. That machine cannot enlarge gems and needs to cut a number of gems to unlock more gems so this one is better.
Test Subject
#190 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 3:48 AM
Um, I'd love to have the machine give gem dust if you could, but I'm just very very happy with the idea of a gem-cutting machine that my sims can use.

I'm also not interested in 99% of Supernatural, and having a rather old processor (processor was originally purchased in late 2006), don't want to clutter my machine with extra expansion packs just to get one or two objects -- and then have to fight with extra functionality I'm not interested in.

Thank you!

(Oh, and I'm interested in the gem dust simply because tiberium gem dust grows into another tiberium gem, and I use the gems to finance my households, especially early on).

OTOH, don't rush it on my account, but if you find yourself with a bit of time to spare and are interested, I'd love to use the result.

Thanks!

--MiriCats
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#191 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 4:06 PM
Such a helpful creation! Thank you so much! I never knew there were so many different gem cuts! :o
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#192 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 3:43 PM
thank you 10x over... My sims love this machine and all of your great mods... thx so much for the update
Forum Resident
#193 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 7:26 PM
I have supernatural but I love your machine... I need it, but I patched my game to 1.42 .
Your machine need update?
Test Subject
#194 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 6:08 PM
hello~~ have been using your mode for a long time

waiting for your update for 1.42 and Seasons~~
Theorist
Original Poster
#195 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 5:28 AM
Works just fine with 1.42 and Seasons. No update was needed. I probably will add the gem dust feature though in the near future, but no promise.
Test Subject
#196 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 8:35 PM
Does this work with 1.48?
Test Subject
#197 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 12:42 AM
Anybody try this with 1.50 Yet?
Test Subject
#198 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 12:32 AM
I've tried it with the latest patch (1.50+) and it works fine, for those of you asking.
Theorist
Original Poster
#199 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 4:21 AM
Yes it worked fine before, but I added a gem dust feature as requested.
Test Subject
#200 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 4:22 AM
Not sure why, but when I click it in game, it causes it to crash. I don't have any mods for it to conflict with and my game is up to date. Is it only me?
Page 8 of 9