Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 3:52 PM Last edited by suzymarie64 : 13th Apr 2019 at 12:40 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Fixing Riverview lot
I attempted to upload the fixed lot, but still noticed something wrong and is possibly the culprit of why the lot was flashing blue. After I used the Lot Adjuster to fix it, I remodeled the lot. Then when I went back to the Lot Adjuster to shorten the back yard the Adjuster would not let me, it said something is there. So I went in the lot and started to remove the terrain paint by holding down Ctrl button while in the terrain paint (which removes the terrain), I noticed this (in picture). I thought it might be invisible tiles, but I can't pick anything up with the hand tool. Any ideas as to what it is and how to get ride of it? Lot adjuster only removes furniture but no tiles etc that might be causing this. He did use an invisible fence and tried the Ctrl Fence tool to see if it was there and no on that too.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 4:00 PM
If it was floor tiles, you could not use the hand tool on it anyway, you'd have to use the floor tool + ctrl.
Have you tried the stuck object remover, to see if it grabs anything?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 4:07 PM
No, not yet. I'll try it. I used to have a stuck tile tool that came with the stuck object remover, but can't find it. that might help, any ideas where that's at?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 4:10 PM
I would not know. What I usually do to get rid of floor tile, is to choose any floor, and hit ctrl then pass over the floor I need to delete. That is, if it is indeed floor tiles you have there. It also looks like a default road and sidewalk? Could it be?

Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 4:53 PM
@Rosebine You're probably right. That is a road. Could it be he had a back and front road when he made it? Hmmmm, back to lot adjuster.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 4:54 PM
Roads can be deleted no problem using moveobjects on..you should be fine!

Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 5:36 PM
I'm wondering if he has ports there. Maybe why it can't be deleted.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Roads can be deleted no problem using moveobjects on..you should be fine!

Nope. Does not work. I'm going to try the Port Reveler to see if there are ports there.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 10:10 PM
Road /sidewalk pieces are floor tile..usually? Ok then, good luck.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 11:36 PM
It could be a warped invisible tile left over from CFE, since I see nothing on your picture. Most times for those you have to rebuild up the area but a few tiles larger. Then using CFE again drag the terrain tool over the area/add more floor tile until the warped area smooths back down. Once it's flat turn the cheat off and it should be removable like any other floor tile.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 11:37 PM
@Rosebine Did you take a good look at the picture. There are no tiles. I just tried the portal revealer. Did not work either. I have no idea what happened, but I can only paint over the spot with the current terrain paint I'm using and that's that. This is obviously why the lot was flashing blue. Why he did this we will never know since he is not active anymore. The lot adjuster will not let me add a road in the backyard or reduce it. It gives me an error message that says something is there and can not be reduced. I could post the lot as is, but don't think it's fair to pass on the problem.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 11:54 PM
@joandsarah77 here's the lot after using the CFE then sinking it after turning off CFE. See the peaks that are left, what the heck would be there.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 12:13 AM
Have you gone up all the levels? To me it still looks like some CFE issue.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 2:47 AM
It's not CFE, my game is fine and have used CFE on other lots. In the photo Rosebine was right. It' s a road, but what and how he did this is weird. If you look at the original Riverview house there is no road in the back. http://www.modthesims.info/d/154585...able-river.html he must have moved in the middle of creating it or something. Try the lot yourself and you'll see the problem.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#15 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 12:51 PM
To get rid of the flashing blue ground, install the lot with all the cc, then use Lot Adjuster to remove all custom terrain and reset the EA ones. Blue ground is gone and you have the proper EA terrain. CC terrain paint has ALWAYS been a flashing blue mess.

There are still trees that flash in hood view, but these are cc trees and or cc recolors that were not updated to seasons (more than likely).

As for the funky ground issues, you need to remove the lower staircases in back. Those were both done using cfe and are affecting the terrain in back. Once you remove both of those the lot will flatten. There will be some dips next to the foundation on the back wall because they are walls and not actual foundation pieces. Change them to actual foundation and it flattens.
Scholar
#16 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 1:13 PM
Invisible fence? that lot comes with a transparent fence, file name 'Moon_Ez Short Mortar White Brick Wall-Non Walk over Transparent.package'. If you can't place a wall or fence along a stuck bit then it's probably because there's already one there.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#17 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Invisible fence? that lot comes with a transparent fence, file name 'Moon_Ez Short Mortar White Brick Wall-Non Walk over Transparent.package'.

That could be why flatten worked for me. I used the cheat deleteallfences prior to removing the stair landings in back. So if there is an invisible fence in that river bed, that removed it.
Scholar
#18 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 1:45 PM
That's what I did at first but realized that didn't identify the problem so I changed the transparent texture on the fence to a visible, red texture, replaced the lot and this is the result.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#19 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 2:03 PM
I made swimmable lake before, but never needed a fence. Why do you think it's even there? I am just curious.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#20 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I made swimmable lake before, but never needed a fence. Why do you think it's even there? I am just curious.

It was a low fence set so sims cannot walk over it. I'm guessing for aesthetics? So sims don't walk through the "lake" area.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 3:52 PM
But..it's at the bottom..Sims won't be swimming above that anyway? I guess not. Thank you.

Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 6:53 PM Last edited by suzymarie64 : 12th Apr 2019 at 8:06 PM.
@HugeLunatic @Chris Hatch @Rosebine @Joandsarah77 Thank you all so very much for this. I will go and try all this and finally can use the lot. My opinion, this would be useful posted in the comments on the original download of the lot so others can fix it, and make a mention on the front page the fix is in the comments. I can't change the front page, but maybe moderators can help with this.

Edit: this fix worked. Finally. The invisible fence was the problem. Thanks again.
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 9:01 PM
Well, after the fix this is what I did with the backyard. I do like the structure of this lot, that's why I have been trying so hard to fix it.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#24 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 9:25 PM
So you got it to work! Good for you

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 2:40 AM
That's very interesting with the fence, perhaps the game does not count dividers as fence.

yah, looks great. :D

~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 2