Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 1:45 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 30th Jul 2019 at 2:55 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Stuff Pack Fixes for AL/M&G + HL's CEP
I installed HugeLunatic's CEP-compatible Stuff Pack Fixes for AL/M&G and have installed all three files in the correct folders (I double checked like 5 times). However, I can not for the life of me get it to work? All the tests I've been doing is in a clean TS2 folder with only the "_LdDarcy_SPObjectsFix_Downloads_AL-cep-comp" file in the downloads folder. The Ikea tv doesn't show up at all, I get these two "no pic" instead:

And the Billy bookcase which is supposed to get the FT options (read romance, sci-fi and so on) when clicking on it, does not :^(

There are many fixes in the files and I haven't tried all of them to see which works and whatnot, but I assume since the tv and bookcase doesn't work, the other fixes don't work either. I tried uninstalling HL's files and installing Lord Darcy's fixes instead, but nothing changed. It's the same problem with their files too. When I uninstall the fixes (all files) the tv shows up and everything's back to normal.

Edit: found yet another thing(?) like this:

I looked through the comments on both uploads but no one (what I saw) had the same problem as me. I also tried googling my problem without much luck, and the search bar here on mts hates me, I never get any match lol :^( any thoughts? I'm completely lost

Edit: forgot to say, I installed the fixes in the M&G folder. I'll try and see what happens when installing in AL's folders though!
Edit 2: didn't make any difference :^(
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
All the tests I've been doing is in a clean TS2 folder with only the "_LdDarcy_SPObjectsFix_Downloads_AL-cep-comp" file in the downloads folder.

Just checking- you have the CEP too, right?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Just checking- you have the CEP too, right?

Yes exactly! :^) forgot to write that
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 7:41 PM
Do you have UC, or disc versions? Just for the heck of it, what location are your files at?
-_EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package
-_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package
-zLdDarcy_SPObjectsFix_Overrides_AL.package
-LdDarcy_SPObjectsFix_Bins_AL.package
-_LdDarcy_SPObjectsFix_Downloads_AL-cep-comp.package

Also double check that you don't have the old versions of Lord Darcy's fixes in game (check all of your Bins & Overrides folders in case you have them somewhere else).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 7:49 PM
Do you have UC, or disc versions? Just for the heck of it, what location are your files at?
-_EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package
-_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package
-zLdDarcy_SPObjectsFix_Overrides_AL.package
-LdDarcy_SPObjectsFix_Bins_AL.package
-_LdDarcy_SPObjectsFix_Downloads_AL-cep-comp.package

Also double check that you don't have the old versions of Lord Darcy's fixes in game (check all of your Bins & Overrides folders in case you have them somewhere else).

I have disc versions!
-_EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package is here: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D

-_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package is here: C:\Users\Rebecka\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

-zLdDarcy_SPObjectsFix_Overrides_AL.package is here: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Herrgård och trädgård Prylpaket\TSData\Res\Overrides (The Sims 2 Herrgård och trädgård Prylpaket = The Sims 2 Mansion and garden stuff)

-LdDarcy_SPObjectsFix_Bins_AL.package is here: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Herrgård och trädgård Prylpaket\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

-_LdDarcy_SPObjectsFix_Downloads_AL-cep-comp.package is here: C:\Users\Rebecka\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

I've checked folders and that I don't have Lord Darcy's old file installed several times :^(
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 8:01 PM
Dang it! I had trouble getting the TV to show up right for me (the TV and "boxes" were invisible) and someone - I think it was HL herself? - told me how to fix that but I can't remember what it was (or where is was) for the life of me right now.

(Sorry, MLCBrain is refusing to brain today - maybe @HugeLunatic will come along and help?)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 8:03 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 28th Apr 2019 at 9:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Dang it! I had trouble getting the TV to show up right for me (the TV and "boxes" were invisible) and someone - I think it was HL herself? - told me how to fix that but I can't remember what it was (or where is was) for the life of me right now.

(Sorry, MLCBrain is refusing to brain today - maybe @HugeLunatic will come along and help?)

Ah yes I saw your comment! However, my problem is that the tv won't show up at all D: (and more objects), but perhaps it could be solved in a similiar way? :^D

Edit: *facepalm* you said that the tv was invisible for you too, I should read more clearly haha :^D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 9:50 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 28th Apr 2019 at 11:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Do you have these: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=290438 hanging about in your folders? That conflicts and is only pre-AL.

I'm pretty sure I don't, but I still checked and nope, I don't have any of the files installed :^(
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 10:14 PM
Do you have anything else at all installed in your Bin or Overrides folder for each EP/SP and the basegame? Take screenshots if you do.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 10:18 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 28th Apr 2019 at 10:36 PM.
Do you have anything else at all installed in your Bin or Overrides folder for each EP/SP and the basegame? Take screenshots if you do.

Here :^)

Basegame bin:

Mansion and garden stuff:

Ikea overrides:

Bon voyage overrides:

Kitchen & bath stuff overrides:

Apartment life overrides:

Teenage stuff overrides:

Seasons:

These where the only ones who had a file in their bin/overrides folder. (I had "globalcatbin.bundle.package" in every bin folder though, but I assume that's an EA file?) And to clarify, I have no idea what that ''holiday/new year phone call'' file is, nor "H5-6boundle"
Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 10:37 PM
These bundles are Holiday stuff Sp and such..right? They get installed there.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 10:38 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 28th Apr 2019 at 11:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
These bundles are Holiday stuff Sp and such..right? They get installed there.

Ahh that makes sense
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 8:02 AM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 29th Apr 2019 at 10:15 AM.
I took out all the "holiday/new year phone call overrides" packages files, but that didn't make any difference, so I assume it's not conflicting with those :^(
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 9:07 PM
I have Spiegel's chandalier fix,and HL's rug fixes, so it isn't any of those. What is Circuswolf's H&M fix? Looks like a light mesh fix, but it's worth checking if there's anything else in that mod. I can't find a description of that one anywhere.

The holiday pack files won't affect this, I have those too. Refresh your thumbnails though so that you can see if anything is working. I can't see any reason why this shouldn't be working for you, it's an odd one!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 9:10 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 2nd May 2019 at 5:01 PM.
I have Spiegel's chandalier fix,and HL's rug fixes, so it isn't any of those. What is Circuswolf's H&M fix? Looks like a light mesh fix, but it's worth checking if there's anything else in that mod. I can't find a description of that one anywhere.

The holiday pack files won't affect this, I have those too. Refresh your thumbnails though so that you can see if anything is working. I can't see any reason why this shouldn't be working for you, it's an odd one!

Thank you for the reply, I really appreciate you all taking the time to help! Ah yes, I have no idea what that is either. I’ll take it out and check if it works tomorrow :^) indeed it is!

Edit: I think this might be what the file is? Idk why I have it though, I've had RLS for a long time and recently switched to dreadpirate's lighting mod, so I don't need it. I'll delete it and see if it makes any difference.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd May 2019 at 5:04 PM
I deleted the file and the thumbnails folder, but that didn't fix it sadly. Is there anything else I should check? I literally have no idea.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 2nd May 2019 at 9:26 PM
Aren't all those files in the downloads still zipped? That looks like a zipped icon to me, not a standard package icon.

Unzip them and see if that works.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Inventor
#19 Old 2nd May 2019 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Aren't all those files in the downloads still zipped? That looks like a zipped icon to me, not a standard package icon.

Unzip them and see if that works.

Under 'type' its said 'package', its not zipped. And icon only shows what program is set as default to open this type of files, so OP problaby tried to open package files with winrar, that's why it's showing this icon, but this is 100% package file, not zipped archives.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd May 2019 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
Under 'type' its said 'package', its not zipped. And icon only shows what program is set as default to open this type of files, so OP problaby tried to open package files with winrar, that's why it's showing this icon, but this is 100% package file, not zipped archives.

Yes exactly!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th May 2019 at 7:56 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 29th Jul 2019 at 6:51 PM.
@simsample and @HugeLunatic - any other ideas?
(sorry to bother btw!)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#22 Old 6th May 2019 at 8:37 PM
You seem to have all of the files in the right places, is your CEP working correctly? If so then the only other thing I can think of is that maybe the file is being locked by your antivirus scanner- check that the game install files as well as your userdata are added to the scanning exceptions.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th May 2019 at 8:50 PM
You seem to have all of the files in the right places, is your CEP working correctly? If so then the only other thing I can think of is that maybe the file is being locked by your antivirus scanner- check that the game install files as well as your userdata are added to the scanning exceptions.

I'm pretty sure my CEP is working since my EA recolors (and CEP-extras) is showing up correctly. I don't have an antivirus scanner but the inbuilt win10 one, and it has never touched any of my files before, so I don't think that's it either. If it wanted to edit/delete a file it would ask me before doing so :/ Any other ideas? Thank you for all the help<3
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#24 Old 6th May 2019 at 8:51 PM
No sorry, I'm all out of ideas! Either something is disallowing the files to be read, or they are being overridden.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th May 2019 at 5:36 AM
No sorry, I'm all out of ideas! Either something is disallowing the files to be read, or they are being overridden.

Yeah, thank you though for all the help! Really appreciated!
Page 1 of 2