Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#126 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 11:41 PM
Well, I'm terrible with SimPE errors, but... have ya tried going back into Milkshape and re-exporting the mesh as a GMDC again and trying to replace with that new GMDC? It seems like it's saying the file unexpectedly ends... perhaps there was a hiccup during export?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#127 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 4:15 PM
Yes, tryed that too..

Eternally a sin

Dans l'amour vrai c'est l'ame qui embrasse le corps <3

Something wicked is coming up..!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#128 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 6:28 PM
Are you getting any errors/messages when you export the unimesh gmdc? Because if you do, it'll write an empty file.
Test Subject
#129 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 7:59 PM
Tiggerypum TY so much for your great tutorial because I 've done my first mesh with it.

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Indigo]Yo yo mismo y yo también [/COLOR][/SIZE]
Field Researcher
#130 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 8:13 PM
No, none..only that one..

Eternally a sin

Lab Assistant
#131 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 9:05 PM
Hi,

I'm having a problem with a cloth : when I try to export the .bmp files with Bodyshop to modify them, I get an error message so I can't make the cloth !

As it's a mesh I downlaoded, I think I can make the cloth on another way : how do creators make the very 1st cloth based on a mesh they created with Wes_h's unimesh plugin ?

I hope you understand me well

Thanks in advance. Regards, Ben.

- Speech is silver but silence is gold -
retired moderator
#132 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 10:10 PM
Ben, you cannot edit user-created meshes except for personal use without permission. This tutorial is not about what you're trying to do: please try the tutorial with the project as written before attempting anything else.

In answer to your other question, as is detailed in this tutorial, one links a Maxis recolour to your mesh. Then you can make a new project once finished and change the texturing to make the first texture for your new mesh.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#133 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 11:03 PM
DarkValentin,

Can you start a thread about this in the main bodyshop-meshing area and post your milkshape file - then others can see if they can reproduce the problem. Is the mesh in question the one edited as outlined in this tutorial or a more advanced creation of yours? Just put details, screenshots, and copy over the error messages you posted here to that new thread.

(with 'advanced' posting you will be able to add an attachment for us to look at)

Thanks!
*Tig*
Field Researcher
#134 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 12:15 PM
Ok, ill do that

Eternally a sin

Lab Assistant
#135 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Ben, you cannot edit user-created meshes except for personal use without permission. This tutorial is not about what you're trying to do: please try the tutorial with the project as written before attempting anything else.

In answer to your other question, as is detailed in this tutorial, one links a Maxis recolour to your mesh. Then you can make a new project once finished and change the texturing to make the first texture for your new mesh.

Thanks a lot for your help ! I've managed to create the skin on the same way creators make the 1st one.

thanks for the tuto by the way.

well, as I didn't modify the mesh file itself, what I did is allowed, isn't it ? I hope so. anyway I can't find another way to do it.

- Speech is silver but silence is gold -
Test Subject
#136 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 4:40 AM
Thank you so much!
This was a great tutorial! Thanks so much for it! :lovestruc

There was only one thing that I had a problem with. It was selecting those darn vertices. I *could not* select the entire dangly-thingy until I noticed that, in the screen shots there was another box unchecked. So, under the Model tab, at the Select Options part, make sure that the Ignore Backfaces box is *unchecked*. Then I was able to select the entire dangly-thingy and deselect the extra vertices.

Onward to hair meshing...! Maybe.
Test Subject
#137 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 7:09 PM
What does [error]Message:
Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown. SimPE Version:
Default (0.58.1.29278).

Exception Stack:
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.[/error] mean?
Test Subject
#138 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 9:19 PM
This tutorial was very simple, one of the most understandble ones i've seen on here although I didn't try it but read through it I still got the idea. I want to buy milkshape but I want to have some idea of what i'm doing before I purchase it so it wont be for nothing. I think there should be like a practice release of it with some features disabled.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#139 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 10:37 PM
Sheseksi, Milkshape has a 30ish day free trial before you must register. That is plenty of time to do this simple tutorial, but not enough to become an expert with it - and thus we always remind folks it's a very inexpensive but PAY program. Frustrating to get into a project and find it's expired when you had no intention of buying it.

karateiskool. What step were you on when this happened? If it was on replacing the gmdc, did you get *any* error/message dialog boxes in unimesh when you went to export the gmdc -- because if you did, that has to be resolved, it will write an incomplete file.
Test Subject
#140 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 1:06 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 27th Jun 2006 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 1284128, 1284291
I have a question hehe

In the game... where is the bodyshop?

I don't find it!

Forget it... I found the bodyshop. ^_^

The thread is excellent!!!
Alchemist
#141 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 10:30 AM
Hello,

I'm back lol, and with a new question...so far this tutorial has been a great help getting my meshing skills off the ground so to say. However, after the combined efforts of me and a friend together, the mesh seems to keep an odd sort of "black shading" across the hem which just won't go away.

Any ideas...?

Here's a pic:

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
retired moderator
#142 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 9:11 PM
Hey, Ghanima. For that you're going to need the msAlignNormals tool to fix the normals that are darkening the bottom of that dress - just be really careful around the side seams as you don't want to completely obliterate the original Maxis normals/smoothing around the sides, just reduce that funky darkening.

Alchemist
#143 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 11:20 AM
Thanks HP, I'll have to try that out.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#144 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 3:32 PM
Mine doesn't work. I think I did something wrong because I followed the steps and I still didn't get it right.
Test Subject
#145 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 4:33 AM
I have a random question, (yes it's me again) can we use this same process to remove sleeves from shirts and such?
Test Subject
#146 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 7:21 AM
Ive got a gap in my dress that im making, but i cant get rid of it (teenage dress)
Here is the pic:

how do i get rid of that black area? i've started over about 5 times and same thing happens with the fat one. ;S
and if thats too small to see, here is the url: http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f...rloved/HELP.png
retired moderator
#147 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 7:23 AM
Bayam, you may have to give us a pic that wasn't taken from orbit before we can see what you're talking about.

Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#148 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 7:24 AM
Bayam, no, you cannot 'remove' sleeves or such with this method. The particular edit (which was originally choosen by Brianna) actually had this separate rectangle on the back of the dress. Sleeves are part of the body mesh - simply delete them and your sim will have no arms for that part of the arm.

You can do 2 things - first would be to simply move the sleeves inward to make them into the shape of an arm w/o sleeves -- there's a sample base nude body mesh in the InfoCenter you can use for reference... or you can do the more complex job of combining two meshes together - the steps o which are outlined in some messages in the main area...

To follow up, please find those threads or ask questions in the main bodyshop meshing area, as it will go beyond this tutorial
Test Subject
#149 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 7:25 AM
im about to go to sleep this is the url (my mistake for it being so tiny but now its larger) http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f...rloved/HELP.png
Test Subject
#150 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 7:25 AM
thanks tig x.x i was wondering about that :P
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: New, updated tutorial available.
Page 6 of 28