Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Phaenoh's Great Clothing Migration V2 -UPDATED 9/10-

by Phaenoh Posted 5th Apr 2008 at 3:55 AM - Updated 19th Jul 2011 at 6:06 PM by Phaenoh

179 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 171 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
The ModFather
retired moderator
#101 Old 30th May 2008 at 7:39 PM
Thanks for the update! It's been a huge work...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#102 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 12:27 AM Last edited by SillyBonn : 2nd Jun 2008 at 2:01 AM.
Since I patched FT, my clothes are no longer migrated Did the patch bork this or is it just me? I love these and can't live/play without!! I have my files in the Res/StuffPack folder, so I'll try moving them to Catalog/Bins and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Moving them to Catalog/Bin fixed it.. Yay!
Test Subject
#103 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 10:07 PM
Yeah, I'm patched before I ever downloaded these and sadly they didn't work. But I'm movied them to the new spot, and it worked so yay! Stupid ea patches... lol, I know they fixed things...

Anyhoo, thanks Phaenoh for the awsome mod!

In frustra laborat qui omnia placere studet
Test Subject
#104 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 5:26 AM
Gah, I just downloaded the FreeTime patch and now my catalog's all messy again!! I moved the mods to the Bins folder, but this doesn't remove the clothes from the original category (like Phaenoh says above)... I'd LOVE to know where I could put them so that they would work like they did in the Stuffpack folder, before the patch. Let me know if anyone figures it out
Instructor
#105 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 1:44 PM
Just a quick thank you for this & just a question about if you will be organising the stuff that comes with Appartment Life. The clothing (in my opinion) is all in the wrong catagories and would love to see this sorted.
Thanks again for your hard work,
Zen

PS...how did you do this? Was it via SimPE or some other program?...Thankies!

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#106 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenFrog76
Just a quick thank you for this & just a question about if you will be organising the stuff that comes with Appartment Life. The clothing (in my opinion) is all in the wrong catagories and would love to see this sorted.
Thanks again for your hard work,
Zen

PS...how did you do this? Was it via SimPE or some other program?...Thankies!
Yup, I'll be doing it for AL, I've been on vacation this last week but once I get my new computer up and running and sims installed and all that stuff, I'll be updating my mods. Thanks for your patience. SimPE is how I fix them, btw.
Not actually evil.
#107 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 6:24 AM
Thanks for doing AL too, you sure work hard!

AL outerwear
knightguy82 moved some AL and FT Maxis outerwear into actual outerwear on this page. Since's it's already done for you, maybe you could include it if he doesn't mind?

Basegame kids t-shirts
If you think it would be useful, feel free to combine a recategorization I made with the Great Migration. It moves some Maxis base game kids t-shirts from "girls only" to "unisex" because they're no reason boys can't wear them too. It's Set 4 (just GZPS) on this page.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Instructor
#108 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 5:25 PM
That's ok Phaenoh...I hope you had a great holiday & don't worry. I am a very patient person...lol
Zen

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#109 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 4:16 PM
There you go everyone, Apartment Life has been cleaned up and rearranged, have at it my beauties! :cackles:
Not actually evil.
#110 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 6:13 PM
Wow, that was speedy. Thank you.

Instructor
#111 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 6:28 PM
That was quick...thank you so much. Installing now!
Zen

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Scholar
#112 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 11:35 PM
you did AL to! ooo ossim
and its a good thing i came here to because i forgot to move them from the FT folder to AL and this thread reminded me to do so >_<
retired moderator
Original Poster
#113 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Wow, that was speedy. Thank you.
Quote: Originally posted by ZenFrog76
That was quick...thank you so much.
Well, maybe, but it took me all day! Thanks to those silly witch hats this ended up being the second biggest version, only BaseGame was larger!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#114 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 7:38 PM
Drat, no matter where I try it still seems to be impossible to override the currect EPs outfit placement. I've noticed it ever since I began these with SSNs, the currect EPs clothes can't seem to be removed from their old outfit until a newer EP or SP comes out. The StuffPack folder was a good work around for a while but when I tested it with this one it didn't work. As for naming things 'zz' its so that the game will load it after it loads the original file. The last one loaded is the one that the game uses.
Not actually evil.
#115 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek2008
when I put the catalog editers in the "Skins" folder, the outfits that were supposed to be moved to the other category and removed from the previous one, they still turn up in the previous location.
So does that mean if you move an outfit from everyday to outerwear, it will show up in both? Sorry, I don't have AL yet so can't check this myself.

What about outfit hiders? Would they hide an outfit in ALL the categories it is in, or could you hide it in just everyday wear, but not outerwear?

retired moderator
Original Poster
#116 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
So does that mean if you move an outfit from everyday to outerwear, it will show up in both? Sorry, I don't have AL yet so can't check this myself.

What about outfit hiders? Would they hide an outfit in ALL the categories it is in, or could you hide it in just everyday wear, but not outerwear?
Hiders don't have this problem because they get placed in the Downloads folder to begin with, they are always loaded after Maxis content.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 11:28 PM
I love, love, love your catalog mod but I really dislike mascot costumes and hair that doesn't look like ordinary hair. I have a hider for reef hats and mascot heads. Will trying to keep that hider and your mod completely break the game even if they modify different clothing in the catolog?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#118 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 12:27 AM
As long as the person who made the hider only included those outfits and hair that they changed in the package (would have been silly and extremely huge if they included everything) it will work just fine. If you aren't sure that they don't overlap any outfits or hair you can open them up in SimPE to make sure none of the names match. Short version: 90% positive they will work fine together, go for it.
Test Subject
#119 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 7:37 PM
I seem to have a more unique problem.

I know that you said if it was placed in the downloads folder, it would give all the maxis items a custom content star. Problem is, I never did. Placed in the proper folder just fine, played just fine for awhile, then suddenly I have all my content moved with the custom star.
I removed all my clothing mods, problem still there. Put your most recent files in solo, issue still there. Not to mention, its as if its in debug mode since I have all the hidden objects showing up as well with the star.

I have no hiders or other movers in aside from this. Help?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#120 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 11:48 PM
Um.... that doesn't make any sense why it would do that, so...

Remove all downloads from everywhere, exit game, delete .cache and thumbnail files, load game?
Test Subject
#121 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Um.... that doesn't make any sense why it would do that, so...

Remove all downloads from everywhere, exit game, delete .cache and thumbnail files, load game?

Yeah, did all that. Cleared downloads, started the game with no downloads, then with just your mod, and then without it again. Clean. Still, the problem persists.

Perhaps there's a more drastic thing I can attempt? Save for uninstalling, that is. Are there any other files that can come from your mod, or relate to it? So far, I have found nothing with clean installer.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#122 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 10:09 PM
Nope, I don't do sneaky things like that. I don't really understand how that could have happened. You say ALL you Maxis outfits have the Custom Content Star now since installing my mod and they stay that way even if you remove it? If thats the case it honestly doesn't sound like my mod did that. I can't imagine how it would have done that for one and if the problem still persists even without my files in the game it sounds like some of your game files got corrupted. Honestly, at that point I would suggest a reinstall. Just, so you don't lose your neighborhood remember to take your entire C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods out and save it some place. You can still it back in your freshly installed game and shouldn't lose anything. You also want to do that for your Downloads folder to, but don't put that back into the game right away.
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 9:55 AM
Well, it's a very nice mod !
But... You should add the support of Store Edition outfits and hairs, they're great, but not correctly categorized.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#124 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by timoram26
Well, it's a very nice mod !
But... You should add the support of Store Edition outfits and hairs, they're great, but not correctly categorized.
Planning on it, haven't gotten to it yet though.
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 10:14 PM
Hmm... so you'll update this mod soon.
I've noticed that only one of the beret (or cap ?) that come from AL shows up in Formal. Only one, but there's four or five ! And PNC witches doesn't have theirs hats with this mod...
Page 5 of 8