Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#176 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 7:13 AM
Um, I do not get any of this, and I have read and reread your tutorial many times.
Advertisement
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
Original Poster
#177 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 12:56 PM
Have you read the first two?

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Test Subject
#178 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 4:15 AM
Thanks! Great tutorial. I just got TS2 along w/ all the EPs! I've never played TS1, so I'm taking step by step and only playing TS2 minus any of the EPs, but I'm sure I'll be installing them soon enough. (BTW, first post! Woot!)

Anyways, thanks to your great tut, I'm gonna go make me some punk shirts! If they look good, I'll probably post them at MTS2!
Test Subject
#179 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 10:18 AM
Thanx Faylen
Oh! so thats how people do it! omg thank you soooooo much faylen!! U make gr8 tutorials cos ive used em in my simming! i got a cool pair of pjs now for my sims. yay!
Im soooo happy now yay!
Test Subject
#180 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 1:03 AM
it was hard but thanks
thanks it was alot of work but i got it not right away
Quote: Originally posted by Faylen
Once you've gotten the hang of recoloring, it's fun to add new textures to
your Sims' clothes. Here's another step-by-step for all you techno-Turnips out there, from the Turnip Queen. Again, it's a Microsoft Word document so
you can print it out.

NOTE: I've added a tutorial with a different method of adding shadows and highlights here: How to Add Shadows and Highlights

Test Subject
#181 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 5:45 AM
How TO make Any Cartoon Shirts on the sims 2 Without Photo Shop with only
paint shop
Test Subject
#182 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 6:09 AM
lialeeluver24 can u tell me how to put images on shirts without the photo shop with only the picture it
retired moderator
Original Poster
#183 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 12:49 AM
Find image. Copy. Paste. Resize if necessary. I don't get the fascination with t-shirts, I'm not writing a tutorial on it.

Test Subject
#184 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 5:14 PM
thanx so much for this, making clothes is fun now! :-)
Test Subject
#185 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 7:49 PM
well...i think modding cant get any harder...can it?!
Test Subject
#186 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 11:12 PM
I had no problem with the recoloring tutorial, but here after pasting my fabric into the various pieces of texture file, my Sim in Body shop never changed....not sure what to do
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#187 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 11:20 PM
Photoshop will default to saving as a .psd, and will add " copy" to the end of your filename if you change it to .bmp - you have to take that part off to overwrite the original file and then click the reload button before your outfit will change in Body Shop. You have to make sure you save over the original texture .bmp before anything will change.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#188 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 12:32 AM
Yeah, this tutorial is getting a rewrite, too, once I finish a couple of skins I'm playing with.

Test Subject
#189 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 4:06 AM
This is a great tutorial and helped me quite a bit with my first attempts at creating things. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#190 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 7:38 PM
Thank you so much for this tut. but I think its still way out of my league. I'll stick to just recoloring for now.
Test Subject
#191 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 9:38 PM Last edited by johnny_johnson : 20th Jul 2006 at 11:37 PM.
Gosh! And there's me thinking it would be really hard!!!!!!

Thankyou so much for showing us all how simple it can be!

Thank you so much again

ps: if i keep typing thank you does it count towards the number of thank yous on the apropriate box? here goes thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!!!!hehe

"Art should be absolutley useless" almost quote by oscar wilde...
Test Subject
#192 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 10:01 PM
Thank you gonna check this later again while I'm running Body Shop..
Test Subject
#193 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 2:55 AM Last edited by soulfuldragon : 27th Jul 2006 at 3:07 AM.
Thanks again! I made a set of atrocious pajamas, but I guess they're good for a first try. i attached a picture so you guys can tell me how good I did (or laugh, it's all good. Lol.)

Also, I have a question. I selected import into game and it says successful. Where do I find the file for that? I thought it would go into my downloads folder, but I don't see it.
Screenshots
retired moderator
Original Poster
#194 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 2:44 AM
No, anything you make yourself will show up in Saved Sims. In fact, if you like what you did and want to upload it here (or elsewhere, heaven forfend!) the file you would compress and upload would be the one in your Saved Sims folder.

Test Subject
#195 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 5:49 PM
Thanks, I was so confused. I dumped that version because it was super blurry, but I'm working on something else so I might upload that.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own," Adam Savage
Test Subject
#196 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 3:16 AM
The tutorials are great. Thanks so much! ....I'm up to this tutorial and doing well but most of the illustrations are broken so I'm now stuck Are you working on a revised version or did MTS2 remove the illustrations? I do so want to learn to make things such as floral dresses. Actually, I want to learn to really texture them too! Bwa ha ha! I know, I know...keep reading the tutorials :P
retired moderator
Original Poster
#197 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 7:08 PM
Sometimes thumbnails are down, and that would prevent the images from showing up. All you have to do is try again later.

Test Subject
#198 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 8:16 PM
thanks for the detailed explanations... i didn't have any prior knowledge on image editing before but i somewhat managed to learn your 1st and 2nd tutorials in 5 min...

God bless you!!!

Test Subject
#199 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 5:16 PM
i can't see the tutorial :S
Test Subject
#200 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 12:16 AM
Default need help
your tutorial was great and I have my clothing in photoshop but it won't show up in body shop, I hit refresh but it still doens't show up, if you could tell me what I did that would be great, thanks
Page 8 of 12